Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 11363 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
Out muscled, out bustled and out hustled for three quarters and then the  switch was flicked- WTF???

Almost called it a day at 3Q time. McGovern definitely needs a spell and for 3 qtrs at least our overall skill execution was awful.  Jack fast becoming my favorite player. True G&D imo. Disappointing loss no doubt but a bit of light there to work with.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
My issue with McGovern playing is not so much with the player himself.
It's to do with his continued selection in light of his output.

He had a very interrupted pre-season, and has had other injuries through the year.
His timing at times when going for marks just seems to be out.
With a good run over the off-season we may see a better version in 2020.
But just now with not a lot to play for, we should be perhaps looking at others like Kerr who may have to make a decision about at the end of the year.

I don't mind this idea. I'm not convinced that the midfield delivery is the issue with McGovern. That midfield delivery hasn't stopped Charlie, Levi or Harry getting among the goals.

Reply #32
Mr T said in his presser that the GOV is very good at organising and helping out our small temp forwards ....... lol

Reply #33
How long does Dow continue to get a game when his stats consistently match what Polson delivered.

Surely a stint in the 2nds can’t hurt him and might just be what he needs. At the lower level he will get his hands on the ball more and have more time when he has it.

Hard to practice on his disposal when your only touching it half a dozen times a game.

Fishers development as well has stalled. Just doesn’t get it enough to be damaging. Had massive hope for him but like Dow doesn’t go hard enough when he doesn’t have the ball. 

Reply #34
Jack may never reach the high levels of his 'ancestors' but the kid is Carlton to his bones.
He always plays like it really means something to him, and gives a total effort.
When he goes to a contest you know he'll give it his very best.

At the moment he's starting to reap a reward for his efforts.

Reply #35
Smashed in the middle for most of the game, not sure how you can blame the forwards?

SPS, Dow, Fisher, Setterfield all high draft picks and all crap today.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #36
Always interesting to reread the Pre Match comments after a game like this. I think that if we had said that after a road trip from Perth the week before, still without our guns, that we’d kick 100 points and that the game would be in the balance with 2 mins to go, most Pre Match ‘Commentators’ would have taken that!

Reply #37
Jack was solid again today and yes you can bank on 100% effort.
His time in the 2's has allowed him to add a few strings to his footy IQ bow. Becoming a reliable and versatile contributor.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #38
Smashed in the middle for most of the game, not sure how you can blame the forwards?

SPS, Dow, Fisher, Setterfield all high draft picks and all crap today.

Agree, we couldnt get the ball today, numbers were down and when you add Lang and Obrien its a worry.
Dow has had two weeks now with under double figure possies and for one of your main mids thats not good enough, its time for a spell in the twos.
I'd have Deluca in next game.
The other area of concern was no Gawn and we still got smashed in the ruck, Kreuzer was ok at ground level but the big hombre Preuss dominated him
in the hitouts and we need a bigger body to compete with these larger ruckman.

Reply #39
I'm on the Bellarine and we don't want Lang either.

Me too!

He showed a bit of promise in the NBs but just doesn’t seem able to match it at AFL level anymore.  Geelong seem to have the knack of offloading cooked players ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #40
Nearly winning without Cripps, Harry, Charlie and Cunningham was encouraging. Alot wasn't though. Different, more attacking game plan is helping but with that you are exposed if you turn over the ball over, as we did too often. Still need to find the balance with defence and attack but hopefully that will come by years end. Also need to switch on at the first bounce.

Didn't really deserve to win but was disappointed when we hit the front and didn't hold it.

Reply #41
Me too!

He showed a bit of promise in the NBs but just doesn’t seem able to match it at AFL level anymore.  Geelong seem to have the knack of offloading cooked players ????

He and Fasolo have been REALLY bad recruiting decisions.

Reply #42
We won the two games we weren't supposed to win. we beat Brisbane, who haven't been beaten since and  has a good lead late on GWS in Sydney, as well as Freo in Perth, who were in the 8. Lost the 2 I thought we could win. Thought we could beat both the Dogs, although their form since has been excellent, more like their 2016 form, and Melbourne.

Reply #43
I don't  know how Umpire #11 sleeps at night - Grade A Flog

Reply #44
How long does Dow continue to get a game when his stats consistently match what Polson delivered.

Surely a stint in the 2nds can’t hurt him and might just be what he needs. At the lower level he will get his hands on the ball more and have more time when he has it.

Hard to practice on his disposal when your only touching it half a dozen times a game.

Fishers development as well has stalled. Just doesn’t get it enough to be damaging. Had massive hope for him but like Dow doesn’t go hard enough when he doesn’t have the ball.
I’m hearing you Shawny, but who ya gunna bring in? Our depth and injuries limit us severely. Perhaps they pull the trigger on Deluca next week, would really like the Glass Man Cunningham to stand up, barely ever available this bloke, very frustrating  >:(