Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 11364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #90

And he will never put Walsh in the best because he wants Stack to win the Rising Star......

I couldn't give Walsh votes, it was purely based on how many times he burnt team-mates with poor disposal. It's not when he misses targets under pressure, it's the open possessions that go the wrong way or handball behind a moving target, just basic stuff. I think he's going at about 40% DE over the last 3 or 4 weeks.

I realise he is just a kid so I won't bag him, but he's being a bit young Dangerfield like lately!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
I couldn't give Walsh votes, it was purely based on how many times he burnt team-mates with poor disposal. It's not when he misses targets under pressure, it's the open possessions that go the wrong way or handball behind a moving target, just basic stuff. I think he's going at about 40% DE over the last 3 or 4 weeks.

I realise he is just a kid so I won't bag him, but he's being a bit young Dangerfield like lately!

I put it down to a young midfielder with little mature support around him for most of the season.
If he were in a TOP 6 Clubs midfield his DE would be much better !!
In every other stat he is borderline Elite !! I had him in our Top 5.
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #92
I put it down to a young midfielder with little mature support around him for most of the season.
If he were in a TOP 6 Clubs midfield his DE would be much better !!
In every other stat he is borderline Elite !! I had him in our Top 5.
Walsh put his body on the line several times yesterday - not his cleanest game, but the Dees put a bit of work into him in Cripps' absence, and yet I thought he stood up to it very well.

People seem to keep forgetting he has played the grand total of 15 games of AFL football. 99.9% of players who started their careers could only dream of playing like that in their first season.  Two or three more pre-seasons and he will have the body to match the skill.  And he has Patrick Cripps to show him how to go from being a promising junior into an elite midfielder.

Who cares if he wins the Rising Star award - one of the most pointless awards in the game.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #93
Well said

Reply #95
Yes indeedy. I can't figure out which is worse - maintaining a lead most of the game and then losing in the dying seconds like Suns and Hawks, or trailing most of the game and having to play break neck footy in the dying minutes, and still losing. It's like two ends of a spectrum, with a yawning chasm in between.

Both give me the $hits.

Probably leading all day is losing is the most frustrating as you feel like you've thrown it away (it's what made the GF so good last year...hehe). At least being behind all day like we were there's the "consolation" that we didn't deserve to win. Still, as i said, both give me the $hits, especially as we got in front then lost due to a horrible turnover.

Reply #97
LP - yes he is

Reply #101
Just saw the replay for the first time. How the heck didn’t Thug Lewis get done for his hit on Fisher. Head used to be sacrosanct!!!

Reply #102
still has his get out of jail free card from his whorethorn days
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #104
MRO chook lotto
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?