Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 10585 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney

Which team has fewer injuries?
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #1
In Cripps, McKay, and Deluca (he’s has 2 NB games, let’s see what he brings)

Out Lang, McGovern, Dow and Kerr if Weitering is out (Levi returns down back)

Reply #2
Weiters evidently has a broken nose.
Poor bugger.
Speedy recovery wishes.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
McGovern needs a bit of ball in his hands, I'd start him up the ground on a wing and let him get a few early touches, he is a good player but is used to a very good setup and game style to get the best out of him. He is a finisher and needs decent service and when we are a better team he will be valuable but when its a scrappy error ridden game like today he wont be much value as we had no system and got beat up in the middle of the ground where the game starts.
I like Kerr but he wouldnt be any better value the way we played today. Cripps and Deluca would be definite ins..

Reply #4
McGovern needs a bit of ball in his hands, I'd start him up the ground on a wing and let him get a few early touches, he is a good player but is used to a very good setup and game style to get the best out of him. He is a finisher and needs decent service and when we are a better team he will be valuable but when its a scrappy error ridden game like today he wont be much value as we had no system and got beat up in the middle of the ground where the game starts.
I like Kerr but he wouldnt be any better value the way we played today. Cripps and Deluca would be definite ins..

Kerr reads it very well and is sharp on the lead.

Reply #5
My problem with McGovern is that he looks like he doesn't care, his effort and work rate are terrible. As I said elsewhere, Kennedy, Silvagni and Setterfield kicked 8 between them as lead up forwards today. That's McGovern's job, and he doesn't seem to be trying to do it. If those guys can get on the lead and mark and convert from the same service, then maybe the service isn't the problem

Reply #6
My problem with McGovern is that he looks like he doesn't care, his effort and work rate are terrible. As I said elsewhere, Kennedy, Silvagni and Setterfield kicked 8 between them as lead up forwards today. That's McGovern's job, and he doesn't seem to be trying to do it. If those guys can get on the lead and mark and convert from the same service, then maybe the service isn't the problem

Don't forget the much maligned Levi kicked 3.

Reply #7
Playing a tougher side interstate so we'll likely win...lol.

We've beaten the two sides in the 8 (or were at the time), one now top 4, the other interstate, but lost to sides I thought we could roll. We're beating all interstate teams so why not!

Reply #8
Don't forget the much maligned Levi kicked 3.

The run in defence has helped him no end. I didn't think we'd see much more of him.

Reply #9
Playing a tougher side interstate so we'll likely win...lol.

We've beaten the two sides in the 8 (or were at the time), one now top 4, the other interstate, but lost to sides I thought we could roll. We're beating all interstate teams so why not!

You realise they are going to thump us. This is likely to be a 10 to 12 goal flogging.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10
You realise they are going to thump us. This is likely to be a 10 to 12 goal flogging.
Only if we play like we did for the first 3 quarters. If we play like we did in the last, Sydney are toast.
Mind you, it is more probable that we'll play like we did in the first 3 quarters, but even low probability events do happen.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
It's very difficult to play loose and fast at the SCG - every game I've seen there (which is plenty) looks like Under 8's. You could throw a handkerchief over the players most of the time. The AFL should mandate that any game on that ground should be 15 per side.

Anyhoo, Swans by 4 goals.

Reply #12
If Cripps, McKay and Cuningham all come back we are a big chance up there

Reply #13
Hopefully Jones can recover some of his pre concussion form. If he plays on Buddy like he played today..............

Reply #14
Buddy won't be back yet, hammy will keep him out for another couple of weeks at least