Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 10596 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #30
Well OK but Lang is certainly no better and Dow has been decidedly ordinary all year and keeps getting a gig.

Let's see what this bloke has at the top level?

If you wanted to reward form you'd have to give Cottrell or Polson a crack, they've been OK for a few weeks despite not playing a consistent four quarters.

Macreadie was probably the best of the rest, but he turned it over a bit, I have no idea how Fasolo gets votes each week, he must be the only name they can remember!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Marchbank has a non-displaced vertebral fracture, season over. There'll be a bunch of changes this weekend

Reply #32
Goddard has been consistent this season, wouldnt mind seeing what he has to offer in the seniors, does kick the ball well, maybe he can kick out as no one else has a clue
about doing that job.

Reply #33
One thing that was frustrating at the game was our kickins from points always seemed to go to exactly the same spot on the members side. It seemed like there was about 6 in a row (I think it was the third quarter?). Preuss just stood there and we kicked it straight to him every time!

Reply #34
If, and it is a big IF, H, Crippa and Cunners are fit, then they should come in.
Marchbank is out for the season. Weitering may or may not miss with his broken nose and concussion. Then we have the choice of who to drop, with Lang the most likely option.

Move Casboult back to CHB: he and Jones can take the taller Sydney forwards. H then goes to FF, with Mitch in a pocket, or maybe a flank.
The Sydney forward line is quite small at the moment, with their smalls being their main goal kickers. We have to put time in them.

We COULD try Schumacher as a small defender and Goddard as a tall defender: I'm not sure the Match Committee is radical enough to do that.
It would be very interesting to see if we play Silvagni in the middle in a negative role.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-08/no-footy-in-a-month-but-big-swan-could-return-to-face-blues

Glad Sinclair is out, he just racks up votes playing us, hope they play Cameron and we have a good look at him.
Might be one to consider for the future....
Swans are beatable IMO and if we can get Cripps back we are a chance.

Reply #37
Well OK but Lang is certainly no better and Dow has been decidedly ordinary all year and keeps getting a gig.

Let's see what this bloke has at the top level?

I really want to love Dow and his highlights are great but when we don't have the ball he is pedestrian at best.
Zero urgency , even when he is only 10 metres from the ball.

I think its his tank but who knows ?
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #38
I think Lang did in fact improve as the game wore on - not hard I know. It took me quite a while to realise he was actually playing and then when I did clock him he made a couple of horrible clangers. Things did get better after that though. I would give him another go this week. My mate was told by his Geelong-supporting mate that he is in fact a pretty good player when fully fit and firing. Worth another try imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #40
I think Lang did in fact improve as the game wore on - not hard I know. It took me quite a while to realise he was actually playing and then when I did clock him he made a couple of horrible clangers. Things did get better after that though. I would give him another go this week. My mate was told by his Geelong-supporting mate that he is in fact a pretty good player when fully fit and firing. Worth another try imo.

Thought the same thing, Fluffy One. Deserves another go.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
Absolute last chance.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #42
I think we're a good chance against the Fluffy Ducks.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #43
Thought the same thing, Fluffy One. Deserves another go.

Leave him in until the end of the year or we can put a line through his name for next season.

Whichever comes first.

There's a handful in that boat.  Fasolo is another.  Garlett might be worth a chance under Teague too.

Dow and o brien can have a rest. They'll both have good careers time to get them building form and confidence because the seniors need to workout who's worth persisting with.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #44
I think we're a good chance against the Fluffy Ducks.

Not too sure I feel the same thoughts. Well drilled team with defensive game that could have us turn the ball over way too often. They stand to lose more than we do, so I expect them to come hard with early intensity. I don’t like my feeling in my stomach for this game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.