Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast at Marvel (Read 6978 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast at Marvel

Reply #45

Not only are we favourites for this game, we have the shortest odds of any game this week!  :o

Gotta get used to it sometime.

Reply #46
Does anyone know what number Josh Deluca has been given?

Reply #48
Crash...he had a very good year in the WAFL here last year. He might play a similar role to Gibbons....part time in the midfield rotations and then small forward option as well. He's tough and goes hard at it too....looking forward to seeing him play.

Agree Surfie.. think he will play forward more with the odd run on the ball to start with....good player IMO and I expect him to do ok and hold his place, can hit a target and play the outside role too.

Reply #49
If we win today we go ahead in the Stocker deal.

Reply #50
If we win today we go ahead in the Stocker deal.

In terms of points maybe.

In reality, Stocker is not a collection of points, and far outweighs whatever points he was attached to.

Thus, we are already ahead in the Stocker deal. ;)

Reply #51
This game makea me nervous. One of the rare ones we should win easily but we know how that can play out at Carlton.

Reply #52
Just saw how short we are to win this game  :o

I will be disappointed to not win comfortably but this is only based on the current form of both teams which is always concerning. We  better have prepared for the team that beat us early in the year and not the current one.

They are not as bad as their current form suggests so unless we are prepared for tough match, today has all the hallmarks of an upset.

Reply #53
This game makea me nervous. One of the rare ones we should win easily but we know how that can play out at Carlton.

Jim I don't think there are any easy wins for us yet.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #54
If Teague can get the boys focused and firing for 4q, we're bound to win. It's the 4q bit that's work in progress for us at present.
Older boys sustain their leadership in both words and actions. We might just experience the rare back to back glory. Albeit from the bottom of the ladder :))

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.