Skip to main content
Topic: Lance McGovern (Read 9640 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lance McGovern

Reply #1
Wow  :o

Reply #2
Back and ankle issues meant he has barely trained.

He has to go on a "conditioning block". Back in less PC days it was called Lance's  Fat Farm.

Reply #3
He had a really interrupted preseason and looked to be struggling with things like timing prior to being managed.

He's probably been hampered by a number of injuries through the year.
He probably should have been 'rested' weeks ago but the fact that he was 'managed' and didn't play VFL suggests he shouldn't be playing at all until he gets himself right.

Reply #4
The “ongoing back and ankle injuries” that McGovern is said to have been carrying for some time turn out to be just extra weight from a lack of professionalism when it comes to training  >:(

So much for Teague’s strident defence of McGovern as the decoy forward.  A newby mistake and one that he should learn from.

Lance may be able to provide Mitch with an old tyre to drag around Princes Park.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
The “ongoing back and ankle injuries” that McGovern is said to have been carrying for some time turn out to be just extra weight from a lack of professionalism when it comes to training  >:(

So much for Teague’s strident defence of McGovern as the decoy forward.  A newby mistake and one that he should learn from.

Lance may be able to provide Mitch with an old tyre to drag around Princes Park.

Yeah he should have thrown him to the wolves
Much better way to win your players trust
Bolton’s gone. Get over it

Reply #6
Mitch is in an elite environment. He has all the resources he needs to reach his potential. I hope he sees this as an opportunity to (manage injuries) get the best out of himself. That's what he's getting paid for.

I also hope every other player is treated with the same care and directness. Pressure for spots will only increase. Gotta say - I like the approach. Earn your spot and embrace the privilege.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
Mitch is in an elite environment. He has all the resources he needs to reach his potential. I hope he sees this as an opportunity to (manage injuries) get the best out of himself. That's what he's getting paid for.

I also hope every other player is treated with the same care and directness. Pressure for spots will only increase. Gotta say - I like the approach. Earn your spot and embrace the privilege.

Hopefully Mitch has been left in no doubt where he stands and what is required. Sounds like the stables are being given a clean up and we really mean business. Let's hope so!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Started as “Brackets” ... and now he needs a conditioning block?

Reply #9
It’s time the club made players accountable. Letting them know you don’t automatically get game time based on your pay packet. Good and great sides have done this in the past with success. I hope Mitch learns what work ethic is and how important it should be for the future of our club.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10

Teague last week said he's been unable to to train much all year. You don't look that out of shape at an AFL club unless there is an issue. They'd never allow it.

Reply #12
He had no preseason due to stress fractures in his back which I doubt had full healed by round 1.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
He had no preseason due to stress fractures in his back which I doubt had full healed by round 1.

Fair enough but he must not be selected until he meets the required fitness standards and is on form. This must he a principle the team lives by unless there are extreme extenuating corcumstances in play. How close is Kerr? Maybe time to give him a run?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Yeah he should have thrown him to the wolves
Much better way to win your players trust
Bolton’s gone. Get over it

Ohh my, Bolton's done it again!

If sMurph hadn't been captain, this would never have happened!

Our fitness staff are so poor, what we really need are the high performance team from the Dawks!

::)
The Force Awakens!