Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 8609 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

We really need to play 4 quarters for this one. They have not been going well. We need to sit of Fyffe and get this one done! No more excuses!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
We really need to play 4 quarters for this one. They have not been going well. We need to sit of Fyffe and get this one done! No more excuses!
It is in Perth On Saturday night. We will probably be on TV, which usually kills us. But we really need to show up after today.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Freo have a banged up team, both key defenders missing(Hamling and Pearce), that has to make it hard for them.Its all down to Fyfe, Mundy and our usual nemesis Walters who will probably come back into the team, maybe Hogan might come back in as well.
We should win given the WC form although Freo are a bit of a problem team even when undermanned...new boy Serong had a day out last game so we might need someone to tag him, looks a quality player. Interesting to see how Cerra has developed too...

Reply #3
Again, like with WC, we have matched up and played well v Freo in Perth. Should win, just depends which Carlton shows up. If the same one as today shows up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
We've got a pretty good team to choose from with matchups all over the ground. But for the life of me i can't work out who we are going to play on #22. He rotates all over the ground and has an influence on almost every contest he is involved in. Might not hit the scoreboard directly, but always features in Goal Assists.

Any ideas?

Reply #5
We've got a pretty good team to choose from with matchups all over the ground. But for the life of me i can't work out who we are going to play on #22. He rotates all over the ground and has an influence on almost every contest he is involved in. Might not hit the scoreboard directly, but always features in Goal Assists.

Any ideas?
Play Pietro Beretta on him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #6

Any ideas?
Yep look out for the make up free's this week, the ones we don't need that will make the stat sheet look like we have been looked after. We will probably win easy and have plenty of F50 free's in a game where we don't need them...

Reply #7
Did we get one free anywhere that we didn't deserve?  Not that I saw.  Did WCE infringe where the free kick to us was obvious?  Yes, quite a few.  Therein, the lesson.

Reply #8
Did we get one free anywhere that we didn't deserve?  Not that I saw.  Did WCE infringe where the free kick to us was obvious?  Yes, quite a few.  Therein, the lesson.

A caller into SEN gave Whately 12 time stamps of incidents from the game to look at. Whately did it prior to his show and walked through them. There was one, I think against Shuey but cant recall for sure, that was identical to SPS's one that was given a free to us and should have been a ball up. It wasnt in front of goal but it wasnt a free.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9

The "17 tackles inside F50 and 0 frees versus their 5 and 3" is the most damning stat I have ever read.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
Stage management?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Geez, that photo of Dow on the club website shows some significant improvement in muscle mass, looks really strong and might even be a chance for next week!

Andrew Russell and hub life seems good for some.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13

Any ideas?

🤣 🤣 🤣 ...yep, he's a real match-winner and impossible to match up on.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
Geez, that photo of Dow on the club website shows some significant improvement in muscle mass, looks really strong and might even be a chance for next week!

Andrew Russell and hub life seems good for some.

He'd have to be a monty to replace Martin.

But who to drop if Brackets and H are good to go...??? (Cottrell & TDK both deserve another game but I fear it will be them).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17