Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton (Read 18916 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton

2:10 at Ikon Park (Princes Park) on Saturday 20th June.
Hopefully we can come back from the bye with a few more guys on the field, although losing Warnock, Judd and Thomas in 1 week is pretty debilitating. Jamison, Byrne and Gibbs coming back will strengthen things a little. There will be a few guys coming back from the seniors and looking for a quick return.
Aurrichio still looks like the only ruckman, although Bolger did well in the development team last week. But if Werribee have anything like a decent ruck brigade, then we are starting at a considerable disadvantage.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton

Reply #1
Northern Blues vs. Werribee Tigers       

Saturday, Jun 20
IKON Park at 2.15pm

Northern Blues

B: Fields Jaksch McGuinness
HB:  Wilkinson Jamison Gowers
C: Tutt Walsh Viojo
HF Bransgrove Watson Ellard
F Johnson Jones Boekhorst
R: Aurrichio Holman Whiley
Int: Wilson Russell Cattapan Aujla* Murray Armitage Dirago Foster Smith

Werribee Tigers

B: Sodomaco Wilson Sherlock
HB: Laracy Mihocek McMahon
C:  McDonald Hanson Norris
HF: Crichton Porter Fordham
F: Turner Wood Speight
R:  Daw Bolton Conway
Int: Maishman Munro H. Wales Robinson Wallace Harper Hussey Holman* E. Wales
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Northern Blues vs. Werribee Tigers       

Saturday, Jun 20
IKON Park at 11.15am

Northern Blues
B: Porter J. Roberts Boscarini
HB: Kilpatrick Dirago Johnston
C: Totevski Soncin Strachan
HF: Russell Walton Armitage
F: Murray Foster Wilson
R: Bolger Ballard Cattapan
Int: Langwell Schiavello McDonald Toman Asani Gilbert Stevens M. Gleeson Jenkins Perry Haynes Conlon McDonough

Werribee Tigers
B: Iles Maddock Helliwell
HB: H. Wales Brett Pickering
C: Harper Hussey Maishman
HF: Robinson Kolang Adams
F: E. Wales Stretton Munro
R: Wallace King Del Papa
Int: Jawad Burton O'Shea Jago Walson Esposito Killworth Taylor Weston Krithararis Ferrari Pepper Christensen
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
How is Jaksch listed for NB and Carlton for Saturdays game. He won't be running out for Carlton, will he because he is an emergency for the seniors only? Is that right.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
How is Jaksch listed for NB and Carlton for Saturdays game. He won't be running out for Carlton, will he because he is an emergency for the seniors only? Is that right.
It is usual for at least 1 of the emergencies to be at the ground until the teams runs out onto the ground. Late injuries and injuries during the warm up have occurred.
Assuming there isn't one, someone will drive Jaksch up to Princes Park for the VFL game. He may get there in time, he may not. Usually, if he is playing, things will have been organized and he will be on the VFL team sheet, even if he doesn't run out with the guys before the 1st bounce. He will then run out when he arrives and kits up.
He has about 30 minutes to get from the Underground Car Park to Ikon Park.
Sometimes the logistics don't work out and the player misses. More than once guys have come on as late as Quarter time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
What's happened to Matty Dick?  Seems to have vanished...  all the hoo ha surrounding his much vaunted recruitment seems to have evaporated.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #6
Thanks for that explain Crash. I never figured they would have enough time to pull this off. I've seen names listed in the past with a potential clash and wondered what the club did about it. I thought I would ask for once, so sorry if I am a nuff nuff in this area.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #7
Thanks for that explain Crash. I never figured they would have enough time to pull this off. I've seen names listed in the past with a potential clash and wondered what the club did about it. I thought I would ask for once, so sorry if I am a nuff nuff in this area.  ;)
Non worries, mate. Nobody is a nuff nuff in this area: clubs seem to make up the rules as they go along. This has only really become an issue in recent times when the VFL and the AFL have started playing their affiliates at approximately the same time. To me it is a stupid idea that makes the logistics for a club like Carlton so much harder. We've had guys trying to get to Frankston from the city with a 20 minute window in recent times. The idea is silly and makes sure that AFL teams can't get their supporters to VFL games.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Looks like one of the better balanced NB's sides we've seen for a while, just need to play to their ability.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
What's happened to Matty Dick?  Seems to have vanished...  all the hoo ha surrounding his much vaunted recruitment seems to have evaporated.
That is a good question. He hasn't played in the last couple of weeks and he has received no mention in dispatches.
Whatever his issues, hopefully he can get over them soon. I'd rather he showed us what he's got.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
That is a good question. He hasn't played in the last couple of weeks and he has received no mention in dispatches.
Whatever his issues, hopefully he can get over them soon. I'd rather he showed us what he's got.

Matthew Dick Calf 1 week
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #11
Matthew Dick Calf 1 week
Hopefully only 1 week. Ciaran Byrne's hamstring was supposed to be about 1 week, but it has kept him out for nearly half a season.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
Won by 4 points.

Watson 6 gls. Whiley 28 disp, Boekhorst 26. The latter was apparently quite good.

Jamison unscathed.

Reply #13
Watto with six goals!! He's earned his crack see you later Walker.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #14
Watto with six goals!! He's earned his crack see you later Walker.

With the slowest AFL key defender playing for the Power today, Watto might missed his best chance.