Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton (Read 18912 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton

Reply #15
Kicked six goals RR, has earned another chance.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
2015 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   4.2  6.6  12.10  13.12 (90)
Werribee Tigers   1.4  2.4  9.6  14.8 (92)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Murray 3 Bolger 3 Armitage 2 Schiavello 2 Dirago  Walton  Cattapan
Werribee Tigers: Christensen 3 Kolang 3 Ferrari 2 Iles  Stretton  Pepper  Brett  O'Shea  Taylor

BEST:
Northern Blues: Soncin Ballard Murray Cattapan Johnston Walton
Werribee Tigers: Ferrari Weston Krithararis King Wales Kolang

Very stiff. Deserved to win.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
2015 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   1.2  6.6  14.10  16.10 (106)
Werribee Tigers   3.6  7.8  9.10  15.12 (102)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Watson 6 Foster 2 Johnson 2 Jaksch  Jones  Boekhorst  Wilson  Russell  Holman
Werribee Tigers: Harper 3 Turner 3 Daw 3 Porter 2 Robinson  Wood  Hanson  Munro

BEST:
Northern Blues: Watson Whiley Ellard Tutt Wilson Boekhorst
Werribee Tigers: Wilson Bolton Wood Hanson Turner Daw

This was marvelous news: almost as good as having the seniors win!

DISPOSALS: Whiley 28, Ellard 28, Boekhorst 26, Holman 22, Tutt 21, Wilson 21, Walsh 20
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
Watto with six goals!! He's earned his crack see you later Walker.

Agree on Walker, he is one we need to trade, but I don't want Watson tarnishing our brand in the senior side. Had too many chances and will never make the grade.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #20
In place of ???

re Watson
Good question.
No-one on yesterday's performance (unless we give Wood a break and just go with Kreuzer and Casboult  as the two rucks.)
I'd prefer to see Watson back it up before a call-up

But it begs another Question
What's the goal for the rest of the season?
Rotate players through the senior side, or just play the best side and go for the wins?

We've seen Graham go well once given the chance.
The thing is it can't be just 'one game' opportunities for these guys it needs to be 3 or 4 in a row.

Reply #21
I would drop Walker and make Watto sub. Start from there. Happy to see Watto reproduce again if need be but he's been the leading goalkicker for the reserves three weeks running now hasn't he?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
I would drop Walker and make Watto sub. Start from there. Happy to see Watto reproduce again if need be but he's been the leading goalkicker for the reserves three weeks running now hasn't he?

Watto in is going to mess with team balance unless they drop someone like Wood IMO.....Walker out would probably mean Whiley or Boekhorst in as they are more like for like.
Gibbs might get a week for that tackle on Gray so Walker might stay in...

Reply #23
A question for the regular NB watchers...
Have the NB altered their gameplan ? ie has the Carlton coaching change filtered down ?
I was wondering if MM was trying to implement a "standard" playing style across cfc/NB ?

Let’s go BIG !

Reply #24
Watsons only hope is if Casboult, Krooz, Rowe and Henderson are all injured at the same time.

He's the KPP of last resort.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #25
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
Boekhorst 27 disposals = outstanding news.

Hope to see him back soon. Perfect player for the way we are playing now. More speed would be good.

Whiley also good to see but he's going to have to wait for an injury to Carrazzo / Cripps as he is a slower in and under type. Looks like his body needs another year or two also. Good to see some guys hitting a bit of form though. Reasonable opposition too.

Reply #27
Thanks for the stats, PI2C, you can tell quite a bit from at times.
[1] I remain disappointed with Viojo - Rainbow, Gowers, Johnson, Foster and Smith. They seem to be really struggling at the moment.
Foster's best game was against North Ballarat a few weeks back when they played as a curtain raiser. He played that day in defence. other than that, I don't think he has bettered 10 possessions in any game.
Smith got senior games earlier this year, but he is struggling to stay in the VFL at the moment. Confidence? Homesickness? I don't know.
Gowers does some very nice cameos and has played some reasonable games in defence, but he seems to be struggling to get the ball. Last year he was getting approximately double the possessions he is getting now.
Viojo Rainbow was highly rated last year. His kicking is very nice, but not so good when he is only getting 10 or 11 per game. He doesn't appear to want it enough at the moment.
Johsnon has gone backwards and will struggle to remain on the list unless he gets more of the ball.

So, at the moment we are going in maybe 4 - 5 players short.

[2] I'd be happy with how Aurrichio is going. He may have had only 8 possessions, but he managed 37 taps and we won the midfield contest.

[3] We do appear to seriously lack depth in the Preston side of the equation. Wilson, Wilkinson and McGuinness have been the standouts. It would be nice if we had a bit more strength on the VFL list.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
Watsons only hope is if Casboult, Krooz, Rowe and Henderson are all injured at the same time.

He's the KPP of last resort.

That sounds about right.

In relation to the stats sheet - it would be great if someone who actually saw the game could comment on the 8 kicks and 8 marks for 6 goals.

We all know he can kick and that Watto is quite capable of marking if he is on his own or strongly advantaged in a one-on-one contest but he is less than useful in a contested marking situation against any decent opposition - so the stats mean little without some eye witness context.

Reply #29

It would be nice if we had a bit more strength on the VFL list.

Unlikely to happen unless VFL listed players get well paid or a given a decent chance of senior selection on the basis of their performance - as was the case when Teague was coaching.