Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton (Read 18915 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round 10: Northern Blues vs, Werribee at Carlton

Reply #30
That sounds about right.

In relation to the stats sheet - it would be great if someone who actually saw the game could comment on the 8 kicks and 8 marks for 6 goals.

We all know he can kick and that Watto is quite capable of marking if he is on his own or strongly advantaged in a one-on-one contest but he is less than useful in a contested marking situation against any decent opposition - so the stats mean little without some eye witness context.

Kicked three goals in five minutes. Apparently took two very strong contested marks.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
I'd give whiley Watson and Boekhurst a go  in place of White, Wood and Gibbs.
We'll be adding speed, and another forward target.
Also will be very interesting to see how new found team enthusiasm, a free style and hard positive working ethic , has on the rest of the fringe players for the rest of the season.
Ciao

Reply #32
If Watto does not get a go after a 6 goal performance he may as well clear out his locker now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
WOW how forking good was Boekhorst?? Must come in this week for Walker.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #35
Here are the goals. Boekhurst caught my eye a few times, especially when he burst out of the guts about a minute in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RrmZqaxhX1k

Agree..Boekhorst was impressive..Whiley looked to get some ball according to the stats but didnt look that clean with the footy....Holman impresses me.
Watto.....kicked six but I didnt get that buzz from how he played and a couple of those goals fell his way, he does kick well but I remain unconvinced...

Reply #36
I agree Boekhorst in for Walker and the others look good in the footage. If Gibbs is out for 2 weeks we need to promote another. Love to have Byrne back in our side. Him or Sheehan. How is Watson not getting a game if we are getting our entries into forward 50m so fast that the other sides defenders are caught off guard ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #37
Yup. If Gibbs is out then also drop Walker, bring in Boekey and Watto, play Armfield as the sub.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
Thanks for the link.

Gees Watson can kick given time with the ball but around the ground Boekhorst was very damaging (more like his WAFL play) as was Holman.  Foster took two good marks and showed something as well.

But the general field kicking looked very average and the other thing that stood out was the treatment Werribee handed out after a mark was taken etc... talk about something that needs to be looked at... the dive onto Johnson after he took a mark was especially poor IMO.

p.s. there was one clear sling tackle in that footage!  No free... play on!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
Boek used to sell a lot of candy in the WAFL.

Love that he's IN the stoppages not lurking as a get out handball option.
He and Sheehan have the same bouncing style.????

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #40
Boek used to sell a lot of candy in the WAFL.

Love that he's IN the stoppages not lurking as a get out handball option.
He and Sheehan have the same bouncing style.????

He doesn't look like he has elite pace (as we were told by Shane Rogers) but he looks like he has that extra time in close quarters like Pendlebury. Part of that comes from making the opponent unsure of what your next move will be (selling candy etc.). Still looks very light.

Reply #41
Aurrichio looks a likely rookie.

Fosters goal square grab shows something.

Whiley might be in the Cripps double act in 2016.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Not sold on the coyote, if he fails to get a game and continues to do okay in the twos, that would tell me SOS doesn't rate him.

Reply #43
Watto needs to get a go this week. With Jamo still out we could play Hendo down back and have Watson, Casboult and Kreuzer up forward. With the Suns depleted stocks at the moment, an extra tall to cover would be a stretch. Boekhorst in for Gibbs this week.

Reply #44
Not sold on the coyote, if he fails to get a game and continues to do okay in the twos, that would tell me SOS doesn't rate him.

Some people need to read job descriptions.
Is SOS head of recruiting or match committee ?

Edit:
SOS is doing an outstanding job at the moment, I've never seen our boots so well studded... Kudos SOS, next week you're in the membership dept...
Let’s go BIG !