Skip to main content
Topic: Why So Different?? (Read 35519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why So Different??

Reply #15
All this talk about the gameplan fixing our goal kicking is rather oversimplistic. Sure, the trends match up, but that doesn't make it the cause.

You know what else lines up with our improved goal kicking? The appointment of a goal kicking coach! Sav Rocca could probably take a fair bit of credit for it as well i'd suggest. Levi has been a lot better since Rocca has come on board.

Sav Rocca was appointed April 13th 2016 so says an article i just found.

Levi Casboult from his debut to his last match before Rocca came on board
31.33 @48%
Since Rocca came on board
12.4 @75%

Now i'm not suggested he is the be all and end all, but i am suggesting that there is no one cause that is.

Reply #16
All this talk about the gameplan fixing our goal kicking is rather oversimplistic. Sure, the trends match up, but that doesn't make it the cause.

You know what else lines up with our improved goal kicking? The appointment of a goal kicking coach! Sav Rocca could probably take a fair bit of credit for it as well i'd suggest. Levi has been a lot better since Rocca has come on board.

Sav Rocca was appointed April 13th 2016 so says an article i just found.

Levi Casboult from his debut to his last match before Rocca came on board
31.33 @48%
Since Rocca came on board
12.4 @75%

Now i'm not suggested he is the be all and end all, but i am suggesting that there is no one cause that is.

Just a coincidence that we playing better then? ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #17
Just a coincidence that we playing better then? ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

No, it's a whole range of things....as i suggested.

We have been playing a lot better since Kreuzer came back. (same exact time Barker became coach). Perhaps it is Kreuzer, not Barker not Rocca.

Our injury list is about as short as its been all year. Coincidence?

The shock of a senior coach getting the sack ALWAYS gets some improvement from the team. How long it lasts and how much improvement varies. Thats what we need to work through.

FWIW, i think its all of the above...and probably then some!

Reply #18
No, it's a whole range of things....as i suggested.

We have been playing a lot better since Kreuzer came back. (same exact time Barker became coach). Perhaps it is Kreuzer, not Barker not Rocca.

Our injury list is about as short as its been all year. Coincidence?

The shock of a senior coach getting the sack ALWAYS gets some improvement from the team. How long it lasts and how much improvement varies. Thats what we need to work through.

FWIW, i think its all of the above...and probably then some!

Looks pretty simple to me.

Carlton - Malthouse = Better.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #19
Reading all the previous posts it would be easiest to just cut and paste a line or two from each before and have a detailed reason for our accuracy.

* Confidence and self belief in all players self belief, and trust in their team-mates.
* Working on goal kicking with Levi and others might be working on this too.
* Game plan that gets the ball forward and catches defenders off guard.
* Not coming through the flanks, but through the corridor to eliminate the angles.
* Players belief that the coach trusts their abilities and backs them to give everything a go.
* Its probably all these and more. The main thing is things are on the improve. Nobody can reject that. We are competitive and trying to win games rather than just play in self preservation mode. Not playing for contracts. Although until we sign Henderson, he may be looking to boost his stocks.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
What can i say, you're a simple man.

You don't need to read Sun Tzu to kill a chicken.

Reply #22
You don't need to read Sun Tzu to kill a chicken.
Just because you kill one diseased chicken, doesn't mean you've rid the world of Bird flu.

Reply #23
Just because you kill one diseased chicken, doesn't mean you've rid the world of Bird flu.

I see why you loved Malthouse.

Did you write his material?

Reply #25
Looks pretty simple to me.

Carlton - Malthouse = Better.

It's not that simple.

In hindsight, of course... we now know that MM was a toxic fit for our club for many reasons, Swann - you are not blameless. Pig's Arse did the same to us with Pagan.

There is something bigger than coach removal happening here.

This is not CFC - MM = better, this is:

CFC + no more quick fixes + aligned Board + bona fide Presidential leadership + CEO leadership + player leadership group influence + ruthless commitment to success = better.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #26
Well done Baggers. You took a mans simple formula and turned it into the quadratic equation. Way to burst a mans bubble there. ;D

Reply #27
No more quick fixes????

If everything is fine now it's the "quickest bloody fix" in history :D

There is still work to do
Much work  ;D

Reply #28
No more quick fixes????

If everything is fine now it's the "quickest bloody fix" in history :D

There is still work to do
Much work  ;D

Yes, so much work to do, but our foundation of stock looks better and it means there are less heads to roll at the end of the season. The depth just looks a little better. Lets see how we go in the next 5 to 6 games.

Reply #29
It's not that simple.

In hindsight, of course... we now know that MM was a toxic fit for our club for many reasons, Swann - you are not blameless. Pig's Arse did the same to us with Pagan.

There is something bigger than coach removal happening here.

This is not CFC - MM = better, this is:

CFC + no more quick fixes + aligned Board + bona fide Presidential leadership + CEO leadership + player leadership group influence + ruthless commitment to success = better.

Glad you've got on board finally.