Skip to main content
Topic: Why So Different?? (Read 35522 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why So Different??

Reply #30
No more quick fixes????

If everything is fine now it's the "quickest bloody fix" in history :D

There is still work to do
Much work  ;D

You are dead right of course Lods, but maybe, just maybe, things are not quite as bad as we thought. We will however have to see how things go for the remainder of the year to get an accurate assessment of where we stand and what we need to do.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
No more quick fixes????

If everything is fine now it's the "quickest bloody fix" in history :D

There is still work to do
Much work  ;D

LOL, well played Lods !! :)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #32
How we handle this Gibbs ban will be a real tell, most of the league is divided but the MRP claims it's a 3 week offense.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Challenge it!

The game is going backwards if we don't.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34
Challenge it!

The game is going backwards if we don't.

Agree. Little to lose now but a lot to gain. Would be a good test case.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35
All this talk about the gameplan fixing our goal kicking is rather oversimplistic. Sure, the trends match up, but that doesn't make it the cause.

You know what else lines up with our improved goal kicking? The appointment of a goal kicking coach! Sav Rocca could probably take a fair bit of credit for it as well i'd suggest. Levi has been a lot better since Rocca has come on board.

Sav Rocca was appointed April 13th 2016 so says an article i just found.

Levi Casboult from his debut to his last match before Rocca came on board
31.33 @48%
Since Rocca came on board
12.4 @75%

Now i'm not suggested he is the be all and end all, but i am suggesting that there is no one cause that is.

The main cause is losing Malthouse and getting Barker. Commitment, desire, aggressive running creates space. Easier for forwards to run onto the ball in better positions on the ground to kick goals. Goalkicking coach adds icing to it. Under Mick we struggled to kick any goals this year with his outdated gameplan. Goalkicking coach doesn't help that much if you're kicking crap scores. We might kick 10 goals instead of 8 for example. Now we're kicking lots more because we have a coach with a better gameplan. Now we have a game that allows us to score goals the goalkicking coach can really be off benefit.

Reply #36
I listened to a short discussion about this on the ABC's 'the Huddle' and it was suggested that the players hated Malthouse.  Burke said that they were clearly lying when they professed support for Malthouse.

It was a little tongue in cheek but who knows?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
I listened to a short discussion about this on the ABC's 'the Huddle' and it was suggested that the players hated Malthouse.  Burke said that they were clearly lying when they professed support for Malthouse.

It was a little tongue in cheek but who knows?

The players were clearly scared to make a mistake and played in preservation mode. They now have no fear as they know they need to get back into the contest and win the ball again. Your suggestion could have some value, or it could have just been fear to get the instruction wrong. Now they look like they really like the coach and want to play for him and their supporters. I wonder if our old coach is watching games and shaking his head while rolling his eyes.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #38
If you spoke to anyone in the know they would tell you Barker is a lot harder on the boys than Mick. ;)

Maybe that's what they needed.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
Who's "in the know?".

Players?
Track watchers?

Reply #40
Sounds like the opposite from what Dennis Armfield said ie we will no longer be punished if we make an error. I don't know I would've thought Army was in the know what do you guys think?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Sounds like the opposite from what Dennis Armfield said ie we will no longer be punished if we make an error. I don't know I would've thought Army was in the know what do you guys think?

Ask Chris Yarran what he thinks.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #43
If you spoke to anyone in the know they would tell you Barker is a lot harder on the boys than Mick. ;)

Maybe that's what they needed.

That says more about MM than Barker.

Some "watchers in the know" complain MM turned training into a non-contact sport!

But of course being harder can mean in a physical sense, as a disciplinarian or as outright abuse!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
That says more about MM than Barker.

Some "watchers in the know" complain MM turned training into a non-contact sport!

I think you're getting Mick confused with the AFL.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!