Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns (Read 29876 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns

Reply #15
Just get Gibbs to tackle him.  If he plays that is

They won't play Ablett this week, RingaDingDing or Crippa would be dumping him half a dozen times a quarter!

Nowayz wez da tacklin fools!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Agree. Even for a champ like Ablett, given his age and his battered body, 10 weeks is a long time. Plus given the injuries and culture issues at the Suns, he will try and do it all himself, which will only make it worse.

Ablett is under pressure to resume and has unofficially being labelled a sook for not being able to play with injury...it will either be he is no good and wants to show he is really injured or he will come to play and probably flog us....dont see any inbetween IMO..

Reply #17
Ablett is under pressure to resume and has unofficially being labelled a sook for not being able to play with injury...it will either be he is no good and wants to show he is really injured or he will come to play and probably flog us....dont see any inbetween IMO..

Ablett = Judd
Could have 12 months off and will return with quality possessions, nothing surer...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #18
If Ablett comes back he will be right to go, and will be very dangerous. According to the GCS website, they could also regain Harley Bennell, Greg Broughton, Sam Day, Josh Hall, Steven May, Matt Shaw and Rory Thomson. I'm sure they won't bring them all back at the same time, but rest assured they will be stronger this week than they have been recently

Reply #19
In: Ellard, Holman, Boekhorst, Tutt, Jamison

Out: Gibbs (suspended), Walker (knee)

It is an extended interchange so some will miss

Reply #20
Boekhorst and Jamo to be the ins?

Watto needs to put together a few big bags to get a crack I guess. Would've liked to see him amongst the emergencies.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
Interchange (from) 28. Tom Bell 12. Blaine Boekhorst, 46. David Ellard
20. Nick Holman 40. Michael Jamison 2. Troy Menzel
22. Jason Tutt

Reply #23
Boekhorst and Jamo to be the ins?

Watto needs to put together a few big bags to get a crack I guess. Would've liked to see him amongst the emergencies.
forget Watto.

He isn't going to make it.

I make this call hoping I'm wrong as a reverse jinx as I'd love for him to make it, but you have to be a competitive one trick pony at very least, and Watson is unfortunately a bloke we selected with elite kicking skills and not much else.

At best he is our version of Schoenmakers.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
I'm a big wrap for the ol' reverse jinx Thry. You may have just got Watto over the line.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
The point has been laboured, but Watson aint going to get a game while all our current talls can get onto the park and snaffle more than 5 touches.

Great kick, but that is about all.

Reply #26
If he kicks another bag of six he'll get mighty close. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
Carlton

B: Zach Tuohy, Sam Rowe, Sam Docherty.
HB: Kade Simpson, Simon White, Dylan Buckley.
C: Chris Yarran, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow.
HF: Dennis Armfield, Levi Casboult, Nick Graham.
F: Andrejs Everitt, Lachie Henderson, Matthew Kreuzer.
Foll: Cameron Wood, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy.
Int: Tom Bell, Blaine Boekhorst, David Ellard, Nick Holman, Michael Jamison, Troy Menzel, Jason Tutt (Three to be omitted).

In: Blaine Boekhorst, David Ellard, Nick Holman, Michael Jamison, Jason Tutt.

Out: Bryce Gibbs (Suspension), Andrew Walker (Knee)

Walker can't seem to take a trick at the moment. His form is down and he is obviously struggling.
I wouldn't play Jamo. He didn't even play a whole game last week for the NB's. Give him another week to find something and to play a full game.
I wouldn't play Menzel either. He is no more 100 % than Judd is. He needs to get fit and up his work rate.

Gold Coast Suns

B: Henry Schade, Trent McKenzie, Jarrod Harbrow.
HB: Kade Kolodjashnij, Steven May, Adam Saad.
C: Luke Russell, Touk Miller, Jesse Lonergan.
HF: Andrew Boston, Tom J. Lynch, Harley Bennell.
F: Brandon Matera, Charlie Dixon, Sam Day.
Foll: Tom Nicholls, Michael Rischitelli, Mitch Hallahan.
Int: Alex Sexton, Nick Malceski, Jack Leslie, Matt Shaw, Andrew Raines, Peter Wright, Sean Lemmens (Three to be omitted).

In: Steven May, Harley Bennell, Sam Day, Alex Sexton, Matt Shaw.

Out: Clay Cameron (Omitted), Danny Stanley (Knee)

No Gablett. I am a bit surprised. 
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28

The club should give him an extended run (at least three games) at some stage this year. At the very least it would help them to make a call either way at the end of the year.

Reply #29
And fair enough too, if he can repeat the dose. But he does have to start showing a little consistency.
Live Long and Prosper!