Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns (Read 29885 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns

Reply #30
The club should give him an extended run (at least three games) at some stage this year. At the very least it would help them to make a call either way at the end of the year.

Stop being so rational R_E!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
Consistent or not, it's probably worth playing him.

We either gain a key forward who has trade value and we can move him on, or we lose games and stay at the pointy end of the draft order whilst establishing he isn't up to it.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Consistent or not, it's probably worth playing him.

We either gain a key forward who has trade value and we can move him on, or we lose games and stay at the pointy end of the draft order whilst establishing he isn't up to it.

This is the way I would be looking at Watson. he serves no value playing every game at NB. He gets no trade value. We delist him eventually for free. We never find out if he could eventually make it. We need to roll the dice on him for a few games eventually. I would try him sooner than later. Not just for one game either.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #33
Watson needs more than a good day out in the Magoos.

He needs a few in a row.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #34

He needs a few in a row.

That's the problem.
He kicks a few here and a few there
He's in a position now where the ship has all but sailed.
I'd like to see him given another go under the new regime, but he has to demand a spot by doing it week after week.

Reply #35
Well he has kicked 12 in the last three games lods, been our leading goal scorer all three times. Would like to see another bag this week and in he goes.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #36
Well he has kicked 12 in the last three games lods, been our leading goal scorer all three times. Would like to see another bag this week and in he goes.

Unless there is an injury to Casboult he won't get a game up forward, Watson cannot replace Hendo, Everitt or the other more mobile forwards because he isn't agile enough.

He may get a run up forward if Jammo or White get hurt and they move Hendo or Everitt back. (I don't think moving Everitt back is a good idea, but he is an option!)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
That's the problem.
He kicks a few here and a few there
He's in a position now where the ship has all but sailed.
I'd like to see him given another go under the new regime, but he has to demand a spot by doing it week after week.

He would have to establish himself as a regular, reliable multiple goal kicker in the NBs or we would have to have injuries to cover for him to get a senior game now. I fear he has had his papers stamped by the club for better or  for worse.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38
Unfortunately, Watson's non-contribution last time he was promoted may have ended his career with us.

I doubt whether he will make it but I would like to see him get another chance now that we're playing competitive footy.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
Unfortunately, Watson's non-contribution last time he was promoted may have ended his career with us.

I doubt whether he will make it but I would like to see him get another chance now that we're playing competitive footy.

Agree, his kicking ability is definitely worth it IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #40

He needs a few in a row.

x2...He needs to be consistent and do more than be a leadup target, think he will be hoping Henderson goes to Geelong and he might
get another year to prove himself...

Reply #41
Unless there is an injury to Casboult he won't get a game up forward, Watson cannot replace Hendo, Everitt or the other more mobile forwards because he isn't agile enough.

He may get a run up forward if Jammo or White get hurt and they move Hendo or Everitt back. (I don't think moving Everitt back is a good idea, but he is an option!)

I would personally be happy for Everitt to take a stint in the reserves to give him a go. Won't happen whilst Everitt is kicking three goal a game however.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Watson has had enough opportunities if you ask me.  Will be delisted at years end

Reply #43
x2...He needs to be consistent and do more than be a leadup target, think he will be hoping Henderson goes to Geelong and he might
get another year to prove himself...

Yep - new coach. New(ish) recruiting manager. Expected / unexpected player trades / delistings etc. Remember Brittain and Fev ?

If he keeps doing good things in the 2's, he has to be a chance, even if only as a back up player.

Reply #44
Watson needs a chance in the seniors if the whole team is playing good as a fwd i reckon he wont let us down,as for everitt he is very soft (cant stick a tackle)and the  . position for him is that gunston type role half fwd.