Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns (Read 29877 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns

Reply #90
He hasn't had a proper crack at it for two seasons now. So I guess you hear '1 crack' until he actually gets a crack at it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #91
Firstly, the reason he had SFA game time is because he was subbed out because he was useless and giving no effort.
Secondly, if he has been so hard done by in his time at the club, don't you think he would show a bit more heart and effort once he gets out there?

That is why i said it was the worst game ever....i should have stipulated 'from what i have seen' in there and i stand by that. I don't think i ever saw Simpsons first 3 games, but i'm tipping he put in more effort than Watto ever did.

With Watto there is a lot of 'just 1 more crack' and ultimately we are left disappointed. How many 1 more cracks do we give him?

One more.
But don't sub him at half time.
Give him a couple of games.
How many has he had as a forward at senior level?

Many folk have had a bad game, half or quarter....(Brendan Fevola vs StKilda 2005  ;) 0 kicks 0 goals 0 marks 6 clangers)
So they subbed Watson out....after a little over two quarters.
His effort may have been poor but the way he was handled in the aftermath of his game against Essendon was a pretty poor piece of player management as far as I'm concerned.

Reply #92
One more.
But don't sub him at half time.
Give him a couple of games.
How many has he had as a forward at senior level?

Many folk have had a bad game, half or quarter....(Brendan Fevola vs StKilda 2005  ;) 0 kicks 0 goals 0 marks 6 clangers)
So they subbed Watson out....after a little over two quarters.
His effort may have been poor but the way he was handled in the aftermath of his game against Essendon was a pretty poor piece of player management as far as I'm concerned.

He was subbed about halfway through the 3rd quarter. It was clear what he was giving was not up to scratch. Had he been left on the claws would've come up for Mick Malthouse for leaving him on the ground!

Did he deserve to get a game when he did? I'm not sure.
Did he deserve a 2nd game after his performance? No.

His problem is he needs to be gifted games...which he doesn't perform in, nor show the required effort in them. How many games do we need to give him (in a row) before we realise that is just who he is.

Many suggest we hold onto players for too long....if Watson was anything but a first round pick, he would've been given the flick ages ago. Forget about where he was drafted and look at what he has been able to deliver. Not only in AFL games but VFL as well. Yes, he's kicked a couple of goals recently, but who has he played on?

Listen to RR's take on it if you don't trust mine.

Reply #93
Brendan Fevola vs StKilda 2005  ;) 0 kicks 0 goals 0 marks 6 clangers.

Isn't a clanger a kick which goes directly to the opposition(ie where the opposition gets an uncontested possessio). Only Fev could get 6 clangers and no kicks  :))

Reply #94
I think a free kick against is also a clanger as is a 50m penalty he must have given away six of the best. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!