Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14 Pre Game Thread - Blues v Western Bulldogs (Read 42032 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14 Pre Game Thread - Blues v Western Bulldogs

Reply #15
Interesting that Johnson is named on the ground. Ellard gets my vote for sub.

Reply #16
Would this be the first time two Blaines have played AFL?

It's good to have Jamison back but losing Docherty and Carrazzo is unfortunate  :(

We are playing the blain game.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
I see the Doggies have named Caleb Daniel just to rub our noses in it. He caused a lot of talk amongst us pre-draft and the Doggies ended up picking him up with the pick we gave them for Liam Jones.

At 164cm or whatever he is, he probably only comes up to Cripps knee caps !! :P

Caleb's draft profile from last year

Caleb Daniel is a special player. On ability he’s the best player in the draft crop, no player possesses close to the same natural talent. However, Daniel is one of the smallest players to play the game. It’s about the one thing that can make even the best drop down the draft boards. If drafted, Daniel will be the smallest player in the AFL. kid can play. 

We'd be lucky if Liam Jones ends up half the player Caleb is.

Reply #18
Massive outs for us. Carrazzo was awesome last week and Docherty has been a rock down back. No Judd, Gibbs or Carrazzo is pretty much our entire midfield. If we could pull off a win here would be an amazing effort.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
Some big outs and with Ellard, Johnson and Boekhorst in the same team we look a bit weak IMO...hope I am wrong and those three fire up but
I'm not so confident this week and reckon the Dogs will start short priced favourites.
Cripps should be in for another afternoon of close tagging and his education will continue..

Big test for Kruezer and Wood vs Minson...MK hasnt performed that well vs the physical ruckmen who have bulk but with two genuine rucks maybe we can wear the big Dog down. Bontempelli and Stringer look two difficult matchups, I presume White will get Stringer.....but its thin pickings if that doesnt work . Good to see Boyd out so maybe Stringer can get more attention..

Reply #20
Not too worried about Judd. Cripps has him covered. Not as elite, but far more than just serviceable. Gibbs in his current form and aggressive nature is a huge miss. Carrazzo the extractor is another. Docherty will leave the defencive 50 light. This is really looking like a potential loss. A win would be wonderful but a competitive close loss will be acceptable.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
Is Boyd injured or dropped?

Looking forward to the Boekman tearing it up under the roof. Conditions suit.

Holman to possibly get a full game.

Nick Graham to get a good run in the middle against some quality young opposition.

Marc Murphy to make a statement as club captain.

I don't expect to win but I'd love to see us throw everything at it. I thought we were a little down last week so perhaps a little rebound?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
Carlton

B: Kade Simpson, Sam Rowe,  Michael Jamison.
HB: Chris Yarran, Zach Tuohy, Simon White.
C: Ed Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Blaine Boekhorst.
HF: Dennis Armfield, Lachie Henderson, Tom Bell.
F: Andrejs Everitt,  Levi Casboult, Blaine Johnson.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Nick Graham, Marc Murphy.
Int: Dylan Buckley, David Ellard, Nick Holman, Cameron Wood.
Emg: Liam Jones, Jason Tutt, Mark Whiley.

In: Michael Jamison, Blaine Boekhorst, Blaine Johnson

Out:  Andrew Carrazzo (Toe), Sam Docherty (Hamstring), Troy Menzel (Knee)

Carrots and Doc are huge outs for us. Jamo is a big in. As for the others, well, they do have a chance to show they have what it takes.

Western Bulldogs

B: Easton Wood, Joel Hamling, Matthew Boyd.
HB: Robert Murphy, Fletcher Roberts, Jason Johannisen.
C: Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Tory Dickson.
HF: Luke Dahlhaus, Jordan Roughead, Jarrad Grant.
F: Mitch Wallis, Jack Redpath, Jake Stringer.
Foll: Will Minson, Koby Stevens, Liam Picken.
Int: Toby McLean, Mitch Honeychurch, Caleb Daniel, Dale Morris.
Emg: Lukas Webb, Bailey Dale, Ayce Cordy.

In: Jack Redpath, Mitch Honeychurch, Caleb Daniel.

Out: Lukas Webb (Omitted), Tom Boyd (Knee), Bailey Dale (Omitted)

New: Caleb Daniel

I think our team was ready for Tom Boyd. I'm sorry he missed out.

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
Gee I hope Ellard is the sub and then not needed.

And good news that the sub rubbish will be abolished from next year. Stupid idea from the get go.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
Gee I hope Ellard is the sub and then not needed.

And good news that the sub rubbish will be abolished from next year. Stupid idea from the get go.

Roos, Buckley, Walsh and a few other coaches have been pushing the issue all season. I think the AFL will be under pressure to do something about the rule. Ellard might not get many more games. Too much competition for his place. He can be covered by a number of players. He tries hard but isn't as dangerous a player as he needs to be.

Reply #25
Roos, Buckley, Walsh and a few other coaches have been pushing the issue all season. I think the AFL will be under pressure to do something about the rule. Ellard might not get many more games. Too much competition for his place. He can be covered by a number of players. He tries hard but isn't as dangerous a player as he needs to be.

That's one of the knocks I have on Davey, his possessions just don't hurt the opposition enough and midfielders really need to impact games with their possessions and heat on the opposition when not in possession of the aggott - Davey's just too small to hurt with his defensive or offensive games.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #26
Some big outs and with Ellard, Johnson and Boekhorst in the same team we look a bit weak IMO...hope I am wrong and those three fire up but
I'm not so confident this week and reckon the Dogs will start short priced favourites.
Cripps should be in for another afternoon of close tagging and his education will continue..

Big test for Kruezer and Wood vs Minson...MK hasnt performed that well vs the physical ruckmen who have bulk but with two genuine rucks maybe we can wear the big Dog down. Bontempelli and Stringer look two difficult matchups, I presume White will get Stringer.....but its thin pickings if that doesnt work . Good to see Boyd out so maybe Stringer can get more attention..

Agree, Dogs a bit too strong for mine this week, but I'm not without some hope if we can maintain our level of effort. It'll certainly be interesting and I'll be there again cheering on the boys.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
@ Baggers, Walsh, Holman, Cripps, Graham and Boekhorst are far more likely mids that will have the talent needed to hurt the other clubs on the scoreboard. Then you have Gibbs, Murphy, Carrazzo, Curnow and Thomas to eventually come back. Plus who we get in the future. Tutt and Whiley might not make it but Ellard will have to battle for a place in the future. I may have missed a few names which makes it even worse. Wish him the best though.

Reply #28
That's one of the knocks I have on Davey, his possessions just don't hurt the opposition enough and midfielders really need to impact games with their possessions and heat on the opposition when not in possession of the aggott - Davey's just too small to hurt with his defensive or offensive games.

I'm sure it's been discussed before. Slug is a hard worker and a decent kick for goal. Can we use him as a fill in small defensive forward ?

Reply #29
Forget daisy.....I would delist him years end

Waste of money not good for culture

Accept the hit on our cap....