Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Pre Game Thread - Blues v Tigers (Read 18785 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 15 Pre Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

7:50 AEST, Jul 10, 2015
MCG

I was looking forward to this game - until tonight, that is.

Re: Round 15 Pre Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #1
I reckon, if we get a couple back, we are a chance.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2
Hope someone KOs that smarta*se Tyrone Vickery!!

Reply #3
Maric should get suspended.

Reply #4
Hopefully Cripps is right to go. This will be a great test for the kid against a midfield which is a class above what he's been playing against.

We'll need players back and yo be far, far cleaner with the ball and a lot to go right but Richmond has struggled against us before, you never know.

Reply #5
Last time the Bulldogs beat us, 2013, and we were crap that day, we nailed Richmond the next week. Omens are good...lol!

Reckon we can win that one. Our record is good, and we're playing decent footy. Even our current worst, with a heap of players out, was enough to get within 11 pts of the 7th side. Back to normal and we're right in it, especially if we get a few back.

Reply #6
Cripps and Everitt must be doubtful, and they are huge losses if they don't come up.
Rowe should be right to return and Gibbs is available. As for the rest, who knows?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Too many injuries though I'd give us a chance with Gibbs, Carazzo and Docherty back in. Provided Cripps and Everitt can play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8
Back to back 6 day breaks.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #9
Back to back 6 days breaks with both games at Etihad, there will be a lot of sore boys. I really hope they don't play Cripps, give the kid a chance - would be horrified if they play him sore and he rips the ligament completely and needs an ankle reco

Reply #10
We're at the G this week. Haven't seen the incident but will Cotchin go??

Reply #11
Back to back 6 days breaks with both games at Etihad, there will be a lot of sore boys. I really hope they don't play Cripps, give the kid a chance - would be horrified if they play him sore and he rips the ligament completely and needs an ankle reco
I hate playing partly fit players. I don't think we need to risk Cripps: we are not going to play finals. But I seem to be in the minority with that opinion. I guess the medical staff will determine that issue. Hopefully.

As for Richmond, they have a couple of guys who should be suspended. However, as they do not wear Blue guernseys that is unlikely to occur. We have lost guys for 1 or 2 weeks with similar incidents, but .... Maric could argue the same way: he should go, but will he?
I am not worried about it. If we are to play well against them, I'd rather beat their ones, not their twos. And I would like to make an impression against the guys who did well against us last time, even though we shut down most of their better players.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
Cripps will play, Everitt a bit 50/50.

Reply #13
Actually looking forward to this game. No pressure on us other than to continue our improvement and not get blown out of the water. Under Malthouse in round 1 we only went down by 5 goals and at times looked like we could win the game so anything is possible. Think we're better on paper this time round but the short double break will hurt us. We looked pretty shot at the end of the doggies game.

Reply #14
Maric is out, which will help us hugely. Cotchin got off: I am not sure how. Schultz got nothing. Gibbs must be thinking what we all are: we were screwed.
Live Long and Prosper!