Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 In Game Thread - Blues v Tigers (Read 28513 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 In Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #46
Forward 50 entry method:

Kick long to Henderson - rebound.

If at first you don't succeed try again another 50 times.

Reply #47
Could have sworn I heard bronx cheers then.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #48
Bell down now. When do you stand up for yourselves?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #49
Forward 50 entry method:

Ah yes, but we're slow leaners. And guess what. Hendo finally marked it. See, I told you our systems work.

Reply #50
Forward 50 entry method:

Yep. He kicked a goal there but wasn't on Rance who has slaughtered him.  I know he wasn't meant to play a full game, but Tutt is a hack.  Shouldn't even be playing sub.

Fields has tried and just got murdered by the umpires.

Reply #51
Turnovers are killing us.

The reason that Greg Williams and Bruce Doull who were slower than me were brilliant footballers, is that they had the one thing that separates REAL champions from good footballers. They had a football brain. They could read a game beautifully. They could anticipate how a ball would bounce, where an opponent would kick it, and 9 times out of 10, made the right decision.

And one other quality that they had which separates the courageous from the weak. They always picked the ball up BEFORE they looked at what they were going to do with it.

These are the players in our team tonight that I believe have a football brain.

Cripps and  Kreuzer.

Murphy,  Gibbs, Jamieson, Casboult, Touhey, Everrit, Simpson and Menzel and Wood, have half a football brain.

Holman has the potential to have a football brain.

And at this point in time, Buckley doesn't and Fields is to new to know. 

Carrazo, Bell, Henderson, Armfield, Curnow and Tutt are brainless.

Carazzo always was. Heaps of possessions but a turnover king and at the end of the day, you would not ever be looking at him to win a game for you.

Bell, is big, and strong, but can't field kick and makes terrible choices.

Henderson. In a contested mark situation,  even if he has front position, Henderson will be out marked or out positioned 9 times out of 10. He is useless in general field play because he lacks both the leadership and intelligence to make a mark on his team mates and the game. When he doesn't get his way, like tonight, he tosses the towel in.
Definitely should be traded.

Armfield is in and out. One week good one week invisible, the story of his life. A very limited footballer.

Curnow run s around like a headless chook and with his mouth permanently open. He can't kick, he can't pass, his handballs don't hit the mark, and he makes poor choices. Hence No football brain.

Tutt. Puleeeze.

I know Jim Buckley well, and he has passed on his guts and determination to Dylan, but not much else.
Tonight was the 5th. time in the past few weeks that Dylan has decided to run and carry, AND BEEN CAUGHT.
He simply lacks the football brain to quickly sum up the situation and know what he has to do BEFORE he gets caught. Hopefully his dad can in some way impart on to him a football brain.
The players that I mentioned with half a football brain, let themselves down and have brain fades by consistently turning the ball over, by making poor choices every so often which costs the team.

When shooting for goal, they neither concentrate on the job at hand, don't work out that if they run out to a side they will automatically hook the ball,  don't allow for the ball drifting across the goals when on an angle, or run in too close to the man on the mark.

Virtually all of them will give away a stupid free kick when tackling. Their opponent will be standing upright giving them a whole body to tackle, yet they will find a way to grab them around the neck.

Aside from Cripps and sometimes Bell, none of them can stick a tackle to save their lives.

They should have beaten the Bulldogs last week, and if they did the right thing 80% of the time tonight rather than 20%, they could beat Richmond.

Just a few more things. Their kicking to position is woeful. Their hardball skills are totally non-existent, and I am sick and tired of them bending down to pick up the ball, but rather than pick it up then look at what possibilities are available, assume they will pick it up, and therefore miss the ball completely.

THE COACH.

The players love him.

So I don't. WE need a tough hard Bastarrrd who will show some emotion when they fck up, rather than sit there emotionless staring into space.

I'm not saying he's a bad bloke. In fact I know that he is a really good bloke.

But we don't need a good bloke. We need an experienced tough uncompromising coach who won't accept second best.

The players have said that Barker has told them to take the game on and they are playing freer footy.

You didn't need Barker to tell them that. We all knew that. We just had a crusty old coach who was too set in his ways.

We need a tough forward thinking coach, who is not afraid to make moves,  during a game, and at training get them a tackling coach who actually can teach them to tackle, employ Sav Rocca full time if possible to teach them all how to kick, get them to practice kicking to a player up the ground until their feet bleed, and get a past player like Greg Williams in to take them through a game, actually teach them the way to think during a game.

Aside from that, we could do with a few decent players.

Reply #53
That is an absolute joke. Momentum killer.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54
Does anyone keep the stats as to how many stupid frees Carazzo has given away in his life time?

Reply #55
Some of the marks and free kicks paid are bizarre.

Reply #56
Does anyone keep the stats as to how many stupid frees Carazzo has given away in his life time?

You have officially lost it. He's just about our best and it wasn't a free, seems the ump wasn't the only idiot sucked in.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Has Menzel had a kick?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #58
A few of our boys are wounded, but playing with spirit. Unfortunately, too many skill errors, missed shots at goal, turnovers etc. Just a lack of class and composure.

Oh, and there's the umpiring.

Reply #59
You have officially lost it. He's just about our best and it wasn't a free, seems the ump wasn't the only idiot sucked in.
You must be watching a replay of last nights game.
He has spent his career giving away stupid frees when it has been totally unnecessary to do so.