Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies (Read 28284 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies

Reply #16
Geez, how bad are Collingwood.  :o

Almost forgotten how much I hate this mob. Also didn't realise what a kn0b Tim Watson is as a commentator.

Cripps 9/10
Murphy 8/10

The White-Pendlebury match up pretty much proved the difference in the end.

Lots of positive signs otherwise. Not sure I share other people's hopes for Smith. I reckon he's got no idea.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #18
At least Tim brought up the Fasolo throw, it was like the other callers didn't want to talk about it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
Poor standard game from two not so great anymore  teams that was riddled with errors.....
Pendlebury and Swan vs Cripps and Murphy .....Pendlebury's class was probably the difference, everytime he touched it we suffered.
Murphy led from the front and Cripps was an extracting machine but we probably lacked that bit of class that Yarran and Menzel could provide....

Boekhorst was ok at times and looks like he has figured out that you have to get your own footy and think quicker and I thought he was good again today.
Whiley came on and was workmanlike
Everitt handy with his 4 goals and Carrazzo got some footy....
Liked Kruezer's honest approach and he tried at every contest...
Simpson was reliable however I thought our defense was a bit loose and allowed Collingwood some easy goals that they didnt have to work for...

Not a bad effort but losing is now our main focus IMO as we gear up for the draft and look to get at least the No 1 or 2 pick...

Reply #20
Walker is a bit stiff.
He's been crap for years and you blokes expect him too improve first game back?
Sign him up for another 5 years.

LOL. It's frustrating I agree but when you consider he did his shoulder many times at one stage we've done alright to get what we did out of him. Almost unfathomable that we signed him until 2017.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
The game says more about the pies than us.
We know we're shizen, they're only a couple of notches up from us atm

Reply #22
Walkers lack of agility was the biggest worry.  He couldn't change direction quickly and looked like he had one straight run and that was it.

Very concerning to say the least.

I reckon he is cooked.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
Walkers lack of agility was the biggest worry.  He couldn't change direction quickly and looked like he had one straight run and that was it.

Very concerning to say the least.

I reckon he is cooked.
That would be due to his knee injury. He probably isn't going to get much better in that regard. He may retire if he can't get over it, and degenerative knee problems rarely improve much.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
At least Tim brought up the Fasolo throw, it was like the other callers didn't want to talk about it.

As usual, crucial miss by the umpire at crucial time which went against us.  S'pose it's opening a can of worms to suggest the goal review system should pick those up.  ::)
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #25
Im drunk... ive just come home.... did Levi kick a goal and do the double Cobra  ?

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2015-08-06/levi-meets-the-double-cobra

A little Carlton supporter up in the stands with 41 on the back of his jumper did it after Levi kicked a goal in our last game. Levi has copied the little kid.

I heard Levi had a son last night. His first little "Meat Jnr". A boy by the way. Congrats to the Boult, and Mrs Boult.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #26
Upon reflection, guess we're not the first team to be towelled up by Pendlebury (and won't be the last).

Buckley's gonna do more good things than bad as time goes on but he's got to learn to stay on his feet.

How much more assured does Hendo look down back?

He's done well to play every game this year but Tuohy should change his name to "Tu-loose-hy" (was he on Fasolo?)

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #27
Upon reflection, guess we're not the first team to be towelled up by Pendlebury (and won't be the last).

Buckley's gonna do more good things than bad as time goes on but he's got to learn to stay on his feet.

How much more assured does Hendo look down back?

He's done well to play every game this year but Tuohy should change his name to "Tu-loose-hy" (was he on Fasolo?)

I thought Docherty started on Fasalo...and got towelled up....

Reply #28
I don't know who was guarding who, as all the Pies players found free space way too often and way too easy. I know White was on Pendlebury for a while and was shifted as he couldn't stop him. Our tackle effectiveness was poor and they ran around us like we were witches hats again. We go side ways or back far too often before we look for an option forwards. When we look forward we just bomb it anywhere. Over use of handballs. Poor effort of offering real defensive pressure.

What made it worse was the fact that this side doesn't have Lamumba, Shaw, Beams or a fit Cloke. It could have been a whole new form of ugly. Watching todays game makes we wonder if we can win any games before seasons end. Great work tanking there guys.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29
I'm going to follow my self-enforced rule of not commenting on losses for at least 24 hours but I can't stop myself from commenting on the commentators.

Seven's commentators were poor and they didn't really add anything.  In hindsight, I should have turned the volume down.

However, Seven's commentators were absolutely brilliant in comparison to the bozos on Triple M.  Never again will I allow them to assault my senses with their inane remarks and toilet humour.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball