Skip to main content
Topic: Hawthorn v Carlton -In game thread (Read 11821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hawthorn v Carlton -In game thread

Reply #15
Good to see some intent, but lack of class is very evident. Will be last game for a few

Reply #16
If we get Weitering ans Schache not even 14 goals will save him!

Reckon we'll take only one of them and Francis with the other.

Reply #17

If take Francis and we get either Weitering or Schache not even 14 goals will save Watson!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
If take Francis and we get either Weitering or Schache not even 14 goals will save Watson!

Actually, reckon he'd be a good chance with 14 goals. Just has 13 to go in the 2nd half....lol.

Reply #19
At least you can't question the effort but our skills are appalling, we are looking at a genuine wooden spoon side here folks.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
is that cart gary lyon behind this?
i m overseas

The bafoon who is the president of another club, with plenty of encouragement from Lyon and Frawley. Interestingly Commetti doesn't enter into the discussion.  Deadset juveniles. 

Reply #22

Given our massive holes at FF and FB I think we'd be taking two Victorian KPPs. I'd be astounded if we didn't. Some have Parish ahead of Francis too.

Reply #23
I cannot understand why anyone would listen to mmm  unless it was the only coverage - and someone had a gun to your head.

Reply #24
Given our massive holes at FF and FB I think we'd be taking two Victorian KPPs. I'd be astounded if we didn't. Some have Parish ahead of Francis too.

Francis was outstanding in the National under 18. One game 11 intercept marks in defence, the next game kicked 4.5. Looked really physically strong against the men in the SANFL too. Jack Darling type right there.

Reply #25
Francis was outstanding in the National under 18. One game 11 intercept marks in defence, the next game kicked 4.5. Looked really physically strong against the men in the SANFL too. Jack Darling type right there.

Heavy build for his age, but only short, Francis could be another Watson in the making!

If they played against men we'd have a better idea!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Watson is a playing bereft of any confidence and can still pull off those good marks. We must persist for another year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
Watson is a playing bereft of any confidence and can still pull off those good marks. We must persist for another year.

If we get those picks everyone claims we are getting he is cooked, even if he kick 20 in the remaining minutes of the last quarter!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
It doesn't matter who we draft with our first pick, it will be a bloody good player but one player won't make any real difference, we've already seen what number one picks do when you stuff up the rest of the draft.
There are just too many spuds on our list, we need to start making our second and third round picks count instead of obsessing with one name no matter how good he is.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #29

I think if he was able to be a genuine midfielder we'd take him. Given there have been doubts in that area I would be hesitant.