Skip to main content
Topic: Grand Finals…i've see a few how about you live? (Read 11111 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Grand Finals…i've see a few how about you live?

Reply #15
Yesterday's GF was the softest i.e. most bruise-free of any GF I can remember.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16

It was a soft brand of footy and not really entertaining at all. Many spectators would have been really frustrated by what they saw, and that wasn't a vision of the best 2 sides in the league. West Coast didn't even look like a top 8 side.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
93, 95, 99, 12, 13 14, 15
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
68, 69, 71, 87, 93.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #20
I've never been to one and odds are I never will.

I'm not interested in a grand final Carlton are not playing in and I'll bet the next time we get in the corporates will make it impossible for average Joe to get a ticket.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #21

The last 3 have been shight. The last two were bruise free smashings and the one before that was a terrible spectacle.

The rugby last night shat all over the last three grand finals.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
The last 3 have been shight. The last two were bruise free smashings and the one before that was a terrible spectacle.

x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24

True - But any GF that's a contest to the end is exciting.

Unfortunately those bloody Hawks are just too good and they take the contest out very early on. Until there is a real challenger to them expect more boring, bruise free GFs to come.

The rugby last night was so exciting and so raw with emotion. The difference between their game and ours, is the AFL has changed and diluted our brand to a point where the umpires have as big a say in the result as the players! 

Their game is not over umpired and the rules are pretty black and white. Less frustrating for players and fans and makes for a much better spectacle for the showcase game.

Reply #25

They have.2013 was an all time shocker. If Freo hadn't crapped their pants they'd have won that. They only lost by a little over 2 goals. That's one that got away.

RL GF was an outstanding spectacle.

Reply #26
That being said, if we were Hawthorn fans, there would be no better way to enjoy the grand final.

1995, we had pretty much ended Geelong's hopes by half time, and the second half was enjoying a relatively easy win.

It would have been crap for the neutrals, but I enjoyed it immensely!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #27
I think 1979 was my favourite: there were times in that game where we were very ordinary, but when it counted we were damned good.
The Harmes Controversy just crowned the cake, but we should have got another goal for Marcou being pushing in the back anyway.

I have never felt as comfortable as in 1995: we smashed them early, as Thry noted. The only thing that worried me was that we could have taken the foot off the accelerator. That would have been a mistake and I NEVER count my chickens until Kentucky have good them and served them up.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
The three things that upset me about '95;

We wasted such a good year flogging a minnow club when we could have flogged somebody decent like the scum or filth etc
We didn't get Billy Brainless properly for his gutless act after the half time siren... what a deadest cat.
We took the foot off the gas and didn't win by 100 points.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #29
You're old too...lol!
Another 'mature' supporter here - been to a few....

68 69 70 71 72 73 74 76 79 81 82 86 87 91 95

been a bit lean for the past 20 years - not many reasons to go hunting for a ticket......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?