Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game-Carlton v Collingwood (Read 16386 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game-Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #30
Or does Lobbe play against his old side? How will OShea fair against his old mob?

If OShea plays on anyone decent we will be carved up by about 10 goals.....was outbodied by the Pie kid Stephenson in the goal square and has zero nous for a bloke who has played 100 games..
Rather play Philips unless he is injured vs Ryder and Westhoff.....both are in a red hot form and Lobbe wont get near them around the ground....

Reply #31
If Daisy goes so should a couple of Pies,  they threw a few sly ones today.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #32

Maynard likes to throw jumper punches, bit too cocky that kid...Adams is a little pr..k...hope someone landed one on him...
Daisy did more pushing than punching....

Reply #33
If OShea plays on anyone decent we will be carved up by about 10 goals.....was outbodied by the Pie kid Stephenson in the goal square and has zero nous for a bloke who has played 100 games..
Rather play Philips unless he is injured vs Ryder and Westhoff.....both are in a red hot form and Lobbe wont get near them around the ground....

OShea made 3 huge errors in the space of 2 minutes today.

2 kicks directly to an opponent, without a carlton bloke within cooee.
And then gave away a free kick in the goal square.

The bloke is a liability. I don't care how many injuries we have to our backs at present, he gives away more goals than he saves. Better off playing an extra mid in his place.

Reply #34
Maynard likes throw jumper punches, bit too cocky that kid...Adams is a little pr..k...hope someone landed one on him...
Daisy did more pushing than punching....

Huddo reckoned someone gave Daisy a hook in the halftime melee today. Wasn't captured on camera from what i saw.

Reply #35
How can O'Shea play against Port, are they changing league to the VFL next week?
;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
What's your honest assessment of the game brother Elwood?

Ive just re-watched the first half and given the greatly undermanned side we fielded and some very questionable umpiring I thought the pies got out of gaol.   Either we are better than I thought or the pies are drinking their own bathwater a bit.   They didn't impress me one iota.

Reply #37
What's your honest assessment of the game brother Elwood?

Ive just re-watched the first half and given the greatly undermanned side we fielded and some very questionable umpiring I thought the pies got out of gaol.   Either we are better than I thought or the pies are drinking their own bathwater a bit.   They didn't impress me one iota.

Prof..reckon the bathwater is low in level at the luxus centre and most of it has found its way down their fat throats....overrated and they rely heavily on their midfield to get them out of trouble. If they lost Grundy and Pendlebury instead of us losing Kreuzer and Plowman the result would have been different.  They do one thing better than us and thats convert...Hoskin Elliott isnt a great player IMO and is as soft as butter but he does kick straight and the new kid Stephenson does similar. They probably have more depth as well and we have to bring in bananas like Oshea, Mullet etc and they can call on better quality back up...
I'd have them as midpack but their A grade midfield probably gets them in the finals but IMO they will be smashed by teams who can lock down on Treloar, Pendlebury, Sidebottom and crew.......
We played the extra man back today which also helped limit the damage, its probably going to have to stay that way till we get some more talent in.....

Reply #38

Daisy will go for the sheperd that knocked out Gibson, off the field with concussion and it was shoulder to head.

Reply #39
Ryan Burton knocked out Shaun Higgins earlier in the year and got off.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #40
Pie player should be rubbed out for trying to headbutt Daisy's shoulder.

As above,  Burton got off,  Daisy gets off.   Then again,  this is the AFL and it is Micheal "does what he's told" Christian.

Reply #41
Pie player should be rubbed out for trying to headbutt Daisy's shoulder.

As above,  Burton got off,  Daisy gets off.   Then again,  this is the AFL and it is Micheal "does what he's told" Christian.

you forgot daisy gets the Navy Blue jumper loading penalty of x 10.

What normal players get off for, ours get fined for, and what normal players get fined for, we get a week for.  If a normal player gets a week, expect Daisy to get 3.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #42
Haven’t seen it on the replay, but at the game Ed Curnow’s elbow on Pendlebury didn’t look good.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #43
Here's my rant...sorry could be long but have posted once in 3 years...I've hit the snap point

Lets start with this matchup...Cam Polson today 1 kick 3 handballs v Dogs Billy Gowers 16k 6hb 12m...2nd best for Dogs last night..Andy Gowers-Hawthorn son..we delisted him last year after no opportunities...plays tough with mongrel...delisted the wrong G...Nic Graham almost 50 AFL games and continues soft loopy chip passes and we get fooled by his Bullants form 35 fluffy possies....SOS you made the call on that one and don't get on radio and say we can't change what happened in the past that call was on your watch

Kane Lambert...sure on Malthouse watch..2/3 years Bullants no games...Tiger Premiership player and in their top 5 elite players...never given a chance....we must have had an elite list last 10 years not to give these guys a look/run...NOT!!!!

I hear the Bagger drums from the old guard are beating hard for a change of our invisiible Prez...a Matheson puppet...the Carlton legends and I've spoken to a few want to see the farm taken back 1-12 is totally excruciating to this proud club

Could be a George Harris old style 1970's coup in the wind...have to take us off the Matheson's pokies money tit...too much influence...hard to replace the cashflow...but the soul of the club needs to be restored

Sorry  Macca...also as GM loved you as a dour no.5 premiership back flanker and AA rep...but you read the news and injury updates out like you are a vet telling us your dog should get the needle or have a $2.5k knee Reco sorry mate your no Neil Balme 3 flags as Footy GM at 3 clubs....Where's Cain Little...ever heard from him CEO?

There endeth the rant

Would have taken 20 points pre the game...dumb me didn't take the points....I was proud of them today...they showed a lot 2 down but we have deeper problems at the top end in my view

Reply #44
Much better effort today. If they can bring that effort every week then we will be a lot more competitive against most sides. Losing Cas before the game and replacing him with O'shea put us behind the eight ball before the bounce. FFS why replace a big guy with a small guy who is a spud!!!!! Some observations.

SOS - A horrible first quarter. 3 howlers in row before steadly improving throughout the game. Something to work with.

Charlie - Boy am i looking forward to watching this guy tear teams apart in the future.

Dow - Really like how this guy is progresing had the glasses on him and his work in close is first class for an 18 year old. Will only get better.

Kennedy - Played a full game for the first time this year and showed that he can add something to the team.

Cripps - What a beast. Please please Carlton sign him up untill he's 30. Heart and soul of the club and a future captain.

O'Brien - First year player who runs and runs. That run and kick to Charlie was first class.

Weitering - Much better game today. Hope he gets some confidence from today and finishes off the year on a high.