Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Discussion Round 13 Suns v Carlton in Darwin. (Read 10988 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Discussion Round 13 Suns v Carlton in Darwin.

Reply #120
It is always a good sign when the side wins, they make two changes and the side is stronger!  Martín in is a positive and we are back to 3 talls up forward. Feeling good.

Just to clarify, I was referring to the Suns team!

Ballard and Collins both circa 194/195cm.

Harry 204cm, TDK 203cm, Levi 201cm.

Perfect day in Darwin, hitting 33. Not sure what time it cools....and, as others have mentioned, humidity a big factor.

You'd reckon the Suns' legs will be heavy.

Pump the ball in (smartly) to our three forwards....

Betts another six?

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #121
Just to clarify, I was referring to the Suns team!

Ballard and Collins both circa 194/195cm.

Harry 204cm, TDK 203cm, Levi 201cm.

Perfect day in Darwin, hitting 33. Not sure what time it cools....and, as others have mentioned, humidity a big factor.

You'd reckon the Suns' legs will be heavy.

Pump the ball in (smartly) to our three forwards....

Betts another six?

We should be fresher given we have a couple of days break on them but they train in the heat/humidity during normal proceedings so they may pull up better than other teams.
Agree we have the talls down forward although Witts usually monsters us, happy to see Sexton out for them as he always sneaks a few goals, hopefully Martin plays and can do a number on his old teammates.
re: Eddie..been slim pickings for Eddie so maybe jack can give him a few cheapies and get him in some form.
Shame Kennedy is out, as Jim alluded to it messes with our structure a bit....
Reckon Levi will have a big game, interesting to see if GC go with Bowes or Greenwood on Cripps who have both had good games on him previously.

Reply #122
Traditionally our biggest issue with Gold Coast has been Tom Lynch.

Being a bit Sandra Sully here, but guess what.....he ain't playing!

Reply #123
Traditionally our biggest issue with Gold Coast has been Tom Lynch.

Being a bit Sandra Sully here, but guess what.....he ain't playing!

fair call.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #124
Fun fact. Here are all the multiple goalkickers Gold Coast has had against us (by game) from the past 8 games.

From our last 8 games with them....
2019-2
3 goals, Wright - Not playing
2 goals, Sexton - Not playing.

2019-1
2 goals, Sexton - Not playing
2 goals, Holman - Not playing

2018 - 2
2 goals, Wright - Not playing

2018-1
8 goals, Lynch - Not playing
3 goals, Martin - Playing on our side!

2017-1
2 goals, Lyon - Not playing

2016-1
4 goals, Lynch - Not playing

2015-1
4 goals, Lynch - Not playing
3 goals, Dixon - Not playing

2014-1
2 goals, Harbrow - PLAYING

We have to go back to 2014 to find a player who has kicked more than 1 goal against us in a game......and he is playing in the back pocket!

Reply #125
Bit sad not to see Honey getting a second run, sometimes that first game blinks out like a blown light bulb and the second is significantly different, but it's understandable given Martin is back.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #126
Bit sad not to see Honey getting a second run, sometimes that first game blinks out like a blown light bulb and the second is significantly different, but it's understandable given Martin is back.

Also sad not to see him get another go but am confident the club has given him the necessary support and encouragement for him to see he has the potential to be a serious AFL footballer at the good ship Princes Park.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #127
Bit sad not to see Honey getting a second run, sometimes that first game blinks out like a blown light bulb and the second is significantly different, but it's understandable given Martin is back.
Given the short turnaround, i reckon he's already been told he's playing next week....or next game (not really a week)

Reply #128
Just under an hour from the bounce and it’s 29 deg and only 45% humidity.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #129
Just under an hour from the bounce and it’s 29 deg and only 45% humidity.

I'm jealous mate. It's about 5 deg here and we're in lockdown.  Think I'll open another bottle of shiraz and make up a cheese platter before the game starts.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130
I'm jealous mate. It's about 5 deg here and we're in lockdown.  Think I'll open another bottle of shiraz and make up a cheese platter before the game starts.

A bit warm for the Shiraz, I’ll crack a beer for you 🍻
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #132
A cheeky DOCG Chianti for me tonight, with a sampler of Gorgonzola, Gouda, Smoked Tasty, Chevre, Red Leicester some olives and a little savoury fruit relish, plum or quince paste.  :D

I might force myself to wash that away with a pale ale just out of sympathy for @northernblue
The Force Awakens!

Reply #133
A cheeky DOCG Chianti for me tonight, with a sampler of Gorgonzola, Gouda, Smoked Tasty, Chevre, Red Leicester some olives and a little savoury fruit relish, plum or quince paste.  :D
👍
Reality always wins in the end.