Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Discussion Round 13 Suns v Carlton in Darwin. (Read 11274 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Discussion Round 13 Suns v Carlton in Darwin.

Reply #90
lol, reminds me I've got running club tonight, 5km followed by a bbq and rehydration...
I did a double take then, couldn't work out who you were having a BBQ with until I realised you are Darwin based....enjoy
I'll be envious, although mainly about the BBQ!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #91
Confirmed on Ch7 news, Pitto, Cunners and Martin all available and expected to play. Why am I suddenly nervous?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
Confirmed on Ch7 news, Pitto, Cunners and Martin all available and expected to play. Why am I suddenly nervous?

Which one will be reinjured first?
My money is on cunners

Reply #93
Which one will be reinjured first?
My money is on cunners
Thats a gimme. Which one of those three will produce/contribute SFA?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #95
Same answer.
Hence why Im suddenly nervous.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #96

I wouldn’t mind Martin coming straight in and Cuners would be an improvement on Honey (at this stage) but I’m not sure whether he should get a spot without running around in the magoos first.

I’m pretty sure that we can’t play all of Pittonet, De Koning, Casboult and McKay.  De Koning has shown a lot more than Pittonet so the King gets the nod from me.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
Win this game and we can make the eight IMO, 4-5 wins might be enough, cant afford to stuff up selection with unfit players or bananas who might let us down.

Reply #98
Win this game and we can make the eight IMO, 4-5 wins might be enough, cant afford to stuff up selection with unfit players or bananas who might let us down.

Win this, Sydney and Crows....then we MUST be collingwood. Do that and we are more likely than not to make the finals.....but we'd still need the odd game to go our way. Win another one against GWS or Lions and we'd probably be guaranteed.

Reply #99
Win this, Sydney and Crows....then we MUST be collingwood. Do that and we are more likely than not to make the finals.....but we'd still need the odd game to go our way. Win another one against GWS or Lions and we'd probably be guaranteed.
Collingwood are shot with injuries and need their best team on the park and wont make finals IMO...
I fancy us vs the Lions who have plenty of kids but think GWS will be tough especially with Greene back in the team and the coach under pressure with his job.
Maybe I am over optimistic but its not a bad draw if we can get effort each week and thats why I dont want too many cameo performers in the team...

Reply #100
For a club with a supposed guru in charge of fitness we haven't exactly had a dream run with injuries.
If someone is listed as a 2 week injury it is very common to see them miss 4-5.
Gov had a second preseason last year which saw him only fit for the last couple of rounds. He has reinjured his hammy this week.
McKay is in and out as he reinjures his knee every 5 minutes.
Curnow clearly came back too early and stress fractures appeared in his knee.
SOS is reinjuring himself every 5 minutes.
That's just off the top of my head.

What's going on? I thought Russell was supposed to be good - at the minute he barely looks competent?

Reply #101
For a club with a supposed guru in charge of fitness we haven't exactly had a dream run with injuries.
Gov had a second preseason last year which saw him only fit for the last couple of rounds. He has reinjured his hammy this week.

What's going on? I thought Russell was supposed to be good - at the minute he barely looks competent?
Games lost to Injury Ladder on Fox Footy the other night
86 NM
72 Freo
65 Coll
64 WB
61 Car
59 Cheats
57 Gee
55 Syd
51 Ade
43 WC
42 GWS
42 PA
39 Haw
31 StK
30 Melb
25 Mel
23 Rich
17 GC
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #102

An important, and unanswerable question is, what would the shape of our list be without him?

His credentials are impeccable Jeza Old Son. Some blokes are just injury prone or have done all the wrong training for many years and The Terrier has to correct past errors in body physiology/shape to handle the rigours of AFL footy long term... and that can take time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #103
From that draft in 2015 where we took Weitering, Curnow, McKay and Cunningham all in the top 20 or so......would be curious to know how many games all 4 have played in together?.....couldn't be many with Weitering the only one not regularly injured.

Reply #104
An important, and unanswerable question is, what would the shape of our list be without him?

His credentials are impeccable Jeza Old Son. Some blokes are just injury prone or have done all the wrong training for many years and The Terrier has to correct past errors in body physiology/shape to handle the rigours of AFL footy long term... and that can take time.

I've had a fair amount of faith in russel but how long does that last?

Impact injuries like broken arms / concussions you can't really do much about. We've had calves, hammys, knees, etc. and the rehab time always seems to be longer rather than shorter than expected.