Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 15880 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #195
Be a No to Polec even with part wage paid we recruited Obrien, Philp, Ramsay to play that running link player role, his type of player need a very dominant team to use his front running skills. 
Ins't Polec is a bit bigger and heavier than those smaller types?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #196
This could be the only Post Game thread in history that goes passed the next game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #197
So you're saying that Murphy type efforts are starting to be scrutanised and phased out of the team? Wow! What a concept. Who would've thought that attacking the contest should be a highly regarded trait?

Gee, this must be a new concept that Carlton are experimenting with. I wonder what Marc thinks about it... Hmmm, obviously there are get out of gaol cards for Marc though because he's obviously exempt from that part of the game.

He's to get out of the way when there's any danger of actual contact, but for everyone else at the club, there's standards to uphold...  :-\
You are preaching to the converted, my main gripe is our lack of harder bodies and Von Trapp kids recruiting style where we ignore the contested harder types and go overboard with the nice kids who have pretty skills.
Murphy was never going to be a lead by example leader and was a poor choice but I get why the club went down that path....
Judd wallpapered a lot of cracks, we had to turn him into a inside mid to cover for the others and we broke him...Teague knows the same thing will happen with Cripps and IMO is looking at restructuring the team with more contest happy players.
Murphy, Simpson and Kreuzer need to retire ....

Reply #198
Ins't Polec is a bit bigger and heavier than those smaller types?

Yep he is taller @189cm but very outside and not to keen on the contested stuff...Port were happy to let him go for the big dollars and rebuild with Duursma, Butters etc...been a winning move.

Reply #199
I'd take who we need, not driven by a popularity contest.

Was Marc Murphy ever the number 1 player in the comp?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #200
Was Marc Murphy ever the number 1 player in the comp?
He wasn't even close to the best player at our club let alone the competition.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #201
He wasn't even close to the best player at our club let alone the competition.
When you exaggerate to the extent you do, your initial contention loses credibility.

You might have people agree with you if you didn't use so many Trump-isms.

He is 'the worst' is clearly BS.
2 B+F wins can quite easily prove you wrong. Ditto Gibbs.

Reply #202
....and right on queue....They show Murphy winning the game for us last time we played Freo.

Reply #203
And right on queue Murphy fluffs it out of the centre. The guy is a joke. I'm not sure what you're defending...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #204
And right on queue Murphy fluffs it out of the centre. The guy is a joke. I'm not sure what you're defending...

Oh no, a player mucked up in the wet. Sack him! Sack him NOW.

Reply #205
Use the in game thread guys
Reality always wins in the end.