Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 8668 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #105
Sorry, was still refining my comments! :o

You know there is the 'preview' option right?
The amount of times you get 'caught out' re-writing your posts, i suggest you start using it. ;)

Reply #106
You know there is the 'preview' option right?
The amount of times you get 'caught out' re-writing your posts, i suggest you start using it. ;)
The edit time is there for all to see so I've nothing to hide relative to posting time-frames, and post is as good as of save / snapshot mechanism as these sites can offer.

Often I'm correcting formatting that seems to frequently go awry when a message gets posted, it is a problem on the site that doesn't show on the Preview.

If on the other hand you're paranoid about people altering correcting, revising or clarifying posts after you post your comments you can always use https://archive.org/web/ to capture a snapshot of the relevant URL, for all eternity!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #107
Reserves must have done reasonably well against Freo, I see we had 14 goals from 6 players.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #108
Cottrell on Walters, anyone think this might be an option?

Nothing better than to have a young aerobic kid force a fragile oldie (one who may well be returning too soon) into a soft tissue injury from trying to shake off a kid he can't shake of like he did in the old days.

Not that I'm a bastard or anything like that!

Cottrell is quite brave, and agile, Walters won't easily lose him in traffic and Walters' team-mates won't intimidate Cottrell. But of course you'd expect Walters to have an edge if he gets goal side of Cottrell one out, but that is probably true of many!

Walters is probably quicker, but he'll have to run hard all the time to get separation on Cottrell, and that'll take some of the sting out of Walters legs!
Walters is a real dangerous player and a different type to Gaff who is your traditional winger, Walters is quicker, probably stronger in the air and extremely clever with the ball...a quarter of him being on could be the game. There is experience to be had for sure but if we want to win the game its a high risk strategy.

Reply #109
Walters in is a massive blow to our chances imo.

They couldn’t have kept him out for one more week 🤦🏻‍♂️

Why do we always seem to be the team that opposition teams make sure their ‘injured’ players return in.

craps me.

My sentiments exactly. Not sure who will match up on him.

We're missing SOJ, who I thought was outstanding v Fyfe last year. If Ed runs with him, what of their other good mids?

Likely to be wet, not sure who that helps. I'd really like to see us win this. Not at the final siren either - please 🙏
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.