Skip to main content
Topic: Final 5 Games. (Read 2378 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Final 5 Games.

Reply #15
Thank you, K... but I would spell his name very differently, only one word too...  >:(
I see what youve done here, very good.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
I just realised how well the draw has worked out for us. We have had the bye and only 1 game per week so far. In the remaining games:

R13: GC have a 4 day break prior to this Friday's game - Carlton 6 days. This almost guarantees a win in my opinion.
R14: Coll 6 day break - Carl 8 days
R15: GWS 5 days - Carl 4 days
R16: Syd 5 days - Carl 5 days
R17: Bris - we'll have a 1 day advantage

We really can't complain about the fixture. I know we had to travel to Perth and had a couple of quarantines but if we don't make finals it's really our fault. The GWS match will be tough but there are no 4 vs. 6 day breaks that are going to make it more or less impossible to win (like Collingwood had this week against Melb).

Reply #17
According to Champion Data, we have the easiest run home and have us winning more games than anyone else for the rest of the year. Source: Sam Maclure Twitter.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
According to Champion Data, we have the easiest run home and have us winning more games than anyone else for the rest of the year. Source: Sam Maclure Twitter.

I did a ladder predictor earlier today.

There are 2 matches that will shape our future.

WB vs Dees. The winner of this is who we are fighting with for 8th spot.
Carl vs Pies. This is the 8-point match. We must beat them if we want to make the 8, and keep them out in the process. If we lose this match, we will likely have to win against GWS and Lions to make the 8 in front of them.

FWIW, i had us winning against Gold Coast, Swans and Crows, losing against GWS and Lions....with the pies match being the 50-50 match.

All other matches were done based on ladder position, with the higher placed team winning.

Reply #19
jeepers those free's paid (WCE) and not paid are pretty damning.  i forgot how much we got reamed.  bloody hell.

Reply #20
Swans have now lost Rampe and Hewett for the year...

That should be a straight forward win.
Finals, then 4 in a row!