Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 14745 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #15
“ The Blues finished up winning the disposals 220-212, clearances 34-26, tackles 52-46, contested possessions 118-106, free kicks 13-9 and scoring shots 15-11.”

We were by far the better team in the second half, Cripps stepped up and Murphy got more involved. (Has Spanner gone to bed?)

Reply #16
Remember a similar horrid, close win against Freo over there in 2016. Worst game ever. then we won 5 of our next 6.

Please let it happen again...lol.

Reply #17
I have an apology to make.

I was championing for Newnes recruitment a long time before it happened. My justification was he's a solid player who does his thing every week. He can be relied upon to win his position more often than not. He'll kick you a goal a game. But he will NOT win you the game.

I was wrong Newnes. You won us the game.  :D

Reply #18
We were by far the better team in the second half, Cripps stepped up and Murphy got more involved. (Has Spanner gone to bed?)
Trolls tend to P!$$ off when things don't go their way

Reply #19
Not sure if anyone else agrees but the 5 possessions that Honey had, makes me think that he could be a player. Just moved like he belongs.

Reply #20
We got the late breaks and the points.

Murphy .... he got some clever link up handballs out to players running past and they helped, especially in Q3.  Curnow = BOG.  Teague?  You don't say much, do you?  

Club?  Do you actually have any LS clash jumpers? 

Good job guys.  What a difference one kick makes to one's outlook :)

Reply #21
The most appallingly umpired game of football ever.

Not nearly as bad as WC game. That ump #22 took the game out of our hands last week.

Aside 2 frees i50 in first half, and Conca's deliberate over the boundary inside our 50, umpiring reasonable I thought.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
Really like Cottrell's run and pace.   Reminds me of Phil Maylin with the buzz cut and running style.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
When is the last time we have trailed all game (ie never led) and won a game with a kick after the siren?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
Not nearly as bad as WC game. That ump #22 took the game out of our hands last week.

Aside 2 frees i50 in first half, and Conca's deliberate over the boundary inside our 50, umpiring reasonable I thought.
The down field to Doc at the end was dodgy as, the wrong player took the kick, it should have been Gibbons as he was closest.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #25
Really like Cottrell's run and pace.   Reminds me of Phil Maylin with the buzz cut and running style.
Some of his disposal was panicked and hit up opposition players but he certainly played a fair 2nd up game Prof.

Reply #26
Just watching the after match interviews and swear to God there is a homeless man asking questions!

Reply #28

Agree. Cotterell loved that left foot snap under pressure in the wet. That was class.

Makes me sad that we lost SOS!

Reply #29

That was 1 umpire favoring 1 team, tonight all 3 were stinking it up, and both teams “benefitted”
Let’s go BIG !