Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 14418 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #30
“ The Blues finished up winning the disposals 220-212, clearances 34-26, tackles 52-46, contested possessions 118-106, free kicks 13-9 and scoring shots 15-11.”

We were by far the better team in the second half, Cripps stepped up and Murphy got more involved. (Has Spanner gone to bed?)

Frees
14 v 16 on afl site
We won CP, clearances, i50 efficiency, and tackles 66 v 68.

They beat us on the outside, especially first half. 2 dubious goals from frees also gave them advantage to long break. I thought we fought back well under the conditions. By no means good ball use, and a load of luck at the end.

Regardless, sensational kick from Newnes and we scrapped out a win. EOS 🥳
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
Just watching the after match interviews and swear to God there is a homeless man asking questions!

Nah. He's been around for a while. Maybe he's from Margaret River 😉
Henry Ford.

Reply #32
Umpiring was nowhere near as bad or as game changing as the WC game. Will be hard to get a repeat performance like that. We were the better team on the night. They played well in the 1st but after that we dominated. should have won comfortably but 1. We kept  blowing our chances and 2. The Freo backline was outstanding for the whole game.

Reply #33
Matthew Cottrell had a great second game. Disposals: 14 Marks: 2 Clearances: 3 Goals: 1

Covered the ground well and looked confident.

Reply #34
That was 1 umpire favoring 1 team, tonight all 3 were stinking it up, and both teams “benefitted”

Fair call. Sometimes all you hope for is that it's even, albeit evenly spread bad decisions 😉
Henry Ford.

Reply #35
The old ‘hub’ would be a good place to
be tonight.

Reply #36
Nah. He's been around for a while. Maybe he's from Margaret River 😉
Geezus, journos obviously aren't held to massive hygiene standards out west. Looks like he needs a good wash.

Reply #37
Matthew Cottrell had a great second game. Disposals: 14 Marks: 2 Clearances: 3 Goals: 1

That's a very good effort. Add to that a ripper goal celebration.

I thought Honey was ok, and young TDK played very well against a much bigger emerging ruckman.

Ed had a breakout game 🤣
Seriously though, he's been very good these last 2 years.
Henry Ford.

Reply #38
We were by far the better team in the second half, Cripps stepped up and Murphy got more involved. (Has Spanner gone to bed?)
Really? What was his contribution? Jesus, we win a game with no help from the "human impediment to winning", and you make out like he kicked the winning goal.

Did you even watch the game? LOL
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #39

I think he may be a little crazy. Kinda reminds me of Robbo is some ways.

Doesn’t take a backward step and happily will hurt an opponent whenever he can. We don’t have any midfielder who is like him in that regard.

Disposal is a bit hit or miss but his toughness around the contest is a very important quality imo.

Reply #40
Really like Cottrell's run and pace.   Reminds me of Phil Maylin with the buzz cut and running style.

I thought he looked like a dead ringer for Mitch Robinson during his celebration.

Reply #41
Really? What was his contribution? Jesus, we win a game with no help from the "human impediment to winning", and you make out like he kicked the winning goal.

Yawn.

Reply #43

What positives do you see? Or do you just sweat out a game wondering what Murphy will provide? Sad if so, other guys to watch and get excited about the CFC About.

Reply #44
What positives do you see? Or do you just sweat out a game wondering what Murphy will provide? Sad if so, other guys to watch and get excited about the CFC About.
Nah, just sick of people making excuses for the newly named "human impediment to winning".

Every time some one posts something positive he does, I'll be there as the counter weight to make sure both sides of the story are told.

We're not going to have a Trump type narrative concerning the HITW.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...