Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 14769 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #60
Was fev in Adelaide after the siren?

Reply #61
Murphy has survived a few coaches, a few presidents, a few CEO's, 8000 team mates who have come and gone, some stinging albeit short lived criticism from Mathieson, and other things I've no doubt forgotten. And he's been offered a 1 year extension for next season. Whether he's got to this point as a result of rank incompetence, or because he deserves it, is for others to decide.

The only player last night who really showed something good for more than 30 seconds was Fyfe IMO. All other players, and coaches and umpires, should donate their pay checks to charity.

Reply #62
No
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
with 90 seconds to go.

Such a beautiful, classic kick by Newnes, as was Fev’s. Nothing fancy schmancy-reverse boomerang-check side-running away from goal-about it.

Harry McKay, please take note.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #65
We've played 11 games.
6 games have been decided by 7 points or less for us this season.
We are now 4-2 in those games.

Reply #66
We've played 11 games.
6 games have been decided by 7 points or less for us this season.
We are now 4-2 in those games.

So much better than "honorable losses". We've written the book about those.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #67
Re:Murphy... I didn't notice him for good or bad when I saw his stats I was surprised he had 20 disposals.

Reply #68
Re:Murphy... I didn't notice him for good or bad when I saw his stats I was surprised he had 20 disposals.

At 3 quarter time esterdat I posted that Walsh and Murphy had 18 disposals. Walsh had 115 supercoach, Murphy 53.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69
Some extreme opinions on Murphy (both ways).
He's still accumulating the ball at a good rate.
His body (upper body in particular)  is probably pretty close to being a 'shot unit'
I blame that in a large part to some of the pathetic support he received from team-mates in his younger years.
My concerns with Murphy at the moment is his disposal (47% last night), especially by foot.
Some of his turnovers can be costly.
But last night he wasn't Robinson Crusoe.
Look at the Disposal Efficiency for everyone last night from the AFL stat site .... It's very poor (sure, weather was a factor)

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/2823#player-stats
(click on advanced stats to get the DEf)

(Edit-Probably easier to find here.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=10264&advv=Y

Reply #70
with 90 seconds to go.

Such a beautiful, classic kick by Newnes, as was Fev’s. Nothing fancy schmancy-reverse boomerang-check side-running away from goal-about it.

Harry McKay, please take note.
Newnes really attacked that kick, the way he ran in he meant business, you rode it all the way and it just kept going.
Krud being president of the Newnes fan club must have watched it 100 times, better kick than Grays imo and while I was OK with recruiting Newnes and said he would be handy I never thought he would deliver a win like that so full credit to him.
Special moment when your teammates pile on top of you like that.. Cripps lifting Fisher showed that win meant a lot.

Reply #71
Well there's the argument in a nutshell.  You can't quantify "hurt factor", maybe DE approximates it.   If you get it,  to be effective you have to use it properly....moving to the the advantage of the team mate/team.

BTW, our overall DE was horrible,  a damning stat that says plenty.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #72
Murphy had a terrible game, let's not re-write history because of the big win.

Agree.

He was involved in a couple of chains which saw us on the back foot including that holding the ball decision that led to freo extending their lead back out to 14 points.

Murphy did some good things but some really bad things too.  The fact he was in the bests says more about the rest of the team than it did Murphy.  Walsh did some really important stuff when it counted.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #73
Well there's the argument in a nutshell.  You can't quantify "hurt factor", maybe DE approximates it.   If you get it,  to be effective you have to use it properly....moving to the the advantage of the team mate/team.
My dad drilled it in to me that the best players don’t waste the ball. And that’s why I’d be ok if Fyffe got the 3 Brownlow votes ahead of, say, Curnow.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #74
Re:DE.. in those conditions just get the ball moving forward. Ed Curnow had the right idea just get it and kick it our way.
Freo went handball happy at one stage and kept losing control of the ball.
Fyfe seemed a level above in those conditions but was sent forward, strange move imo. Terrible game to watch until the last kick and that was the only bit of disposal efficiency that mattered.