Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL rd 13: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 8874 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL rd 13: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #15
Murphy awesome. Was critical last week. Played exactly what was required tonight.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #16
The rancour should be reserved for when we don't win, not when we do.

Nite sports fans

Reply #17
We are at least a two or three goal better team with Jack Martin in.

Reply #18
Don’t think we have played well since the bulldogs game yet we sit 9th with a decent percentage.

Have a ton of upside. Nice to be this far into the season and still have a flame burning.

Wasnt pretty and should have been a much bigger win based on shots at goal but we did what we had to do and got the 4 points. That’s what good sides do. That’s what we could never do.

I’m happy and starting to get a little bit excited.

Go blues.

Reply #19
Once I saw Murf run out I knew we would win, he set it up in the first with some beautiful disposals.

Reply #20
We are at least a two or three goal better team with Jack Martin in.

Yep. I admit I was wrong on him. A very good pick up. Clean nice mover who users it well. 
I’m a fan.

In some ways he plays how I would have hoped sps would by this point. He has been one who has stagnated to say the least.

Reply #21
Tough conditions, as I said in the pre-game thread playing in Darwin in the evening, in 78° Humidity and 27°C, is like playing in the wet even worse than the wet.

Most of our old blokes lead the way, Murphy(Probably BoG set us on the right path to win), Simmo(Always hard at it, conditions suit his game, win footy kick footy.), Plowman, Ed Curnow, nice hands from Casboult, McKay and De Koning, big hands help of course. Thought Betts was OK, but not as bad as they make out, and showed some very clever skills.

Walsh, another step forward tonight.

Tonight were conditions and a game in which attack at the football wins, and we led them to the football and hit contests as hard as I've seen from us!

Good returning game from Martin, probably Fisher's best game for a year or two, I worry that he might not be around long, he looked to be arguing with the cockroach at 3/4-time.

Defence was up against kids but they did what they had to, Also nice hands from Weitering and Jones, not that the game was won or lost in our D50. GCS had most of their main mids in and we smashed them in the midfield. Haven't seen the stats but I assume we had a big percentage of our time forward of center. Probably the scoreboard is the biggest disappointment, it could easily have been a 10 goal win.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
It was interesting to see Murphy giving the players a bit of a rev up before the game.  Clearly he is more respected by his teammates than by some supporters - and I use that term advisedly.

It was a good win but we should be able bury poor opposition.  Goal kicking continues to be a problem and we should have had >10 goals on the scoreboard.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
In some ways he plays how I would have hoped sps would by this point.

Agreed, I think we need to release the shackles on SPS for a couple of weeks to see what he can really do, esp as the team is playing quite well.

Reply #24
Can someone check in on Spanner please ?
I read that Murphy has resigned for 2021.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #25
Can someone check in on Spanner please ?
I read that Murphy has resigned for 2021.
 That'd be re-signed wouldn't it, maybe 2022 as well? :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
The conditions provided more competition than Gold Coast who were like a high school team. Kudos to Gibbons,Murphy, Newnes and De Koning who kick started the win.
Defense was solid and Cripps, Martin, Walsh and Setterfield built on the good start.
Good win and now onto Collingwood..

Reply #29
🤣🤣
Let’s go BIG !