Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 season (Read 6070 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2020 season

Reply #30
I understand Prespakis and Harris getting into the 2020 AFLW Team of the Year.

But, how the feck doesn't Harrington get a run?

Harrington must be easily "The most in form defender" for the whole competition! She hasn't had a lot of games in which she was a contender for BoG, but for consistency week in and week out she must be close to the first picked!

It's just another sign the AFL do not take AFLW seriously.

Anyway, for Carlton girls it sounds like it's the Choccy Frog award that they want!

Not sure which team you were looking at, but one i saw she was in the backline. First named

Reply #31
Not sure which team you were looking at, but one i saw she was in the backline. First named
Are you sure, they had Huntington but not Harrington.

Selection was automatic it seems based on the 3-2-1 AFLW reporters voting.
https://womens.afl/news/50038/
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/580970/prespakis-and-harris-make-the-team

Personally, I'm surprised our Rucks weren't top of the tree as well, or Dalton and Egan for that matter! I think we could easily have pegged 5 of the top 10 for season 2020.

But of course I'm biased.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
It definitely had Harrington.
It wasn't one of those links.

This team i had had your 'supercoach' look to it. Green oval back ground with Players named in positon and circle for team logo with the name.

So Harrington had a carlton logo with it. So unless they got it wrong on both counts, not likely. Cannot recall where i saw it though....online somewhere.

Reply #33
It definitely had Harrington.
It wasn't one of those links.

This team i had had your 'supercoach' look to it. Green oval back ground with Players named in positon and circle for team logo with the name.

So Harrington had a carlton logo with it. So unless they got it wrong on both counts, not likely. Cannot recall where i saw it though....online somewhere.
I saw that too, it was some reporter's prediction of what the AFLW team of the year would be

Reply #34
Either way, Harrington should have been in the official team, instead it's the Noah's Ar5e of AFLW Team of the Year!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
I haven’t seen the team but I agree that Kerryn Harrington would have to be one of the first defenders picked.  I also think that Breann Moody has been the outstanding ruck.  She gave us so much drive from stoppages and was influential around the ground in winning her own ball, linking up and making vital shepherds.  I don’t think any other rucks had the same influence and Moody would be All-Australian if the selectors were fair dinkum.

Maddy Prespakis and Tayla Harris were certainties but I would argue that Harrington’s form was at least the equal of both.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
Maybe I missed a post but I believe Tayla Harris was reported in our last game. Am I correct? If so, what was the outcome?

Reply #37
Thrown out. Nothing in it