Skip to main content
Topic: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst) (Read 55747 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst)

Reply #15
Players who can hold their heads up high: Simpson, Scotland, Watson and Tuohy.

Players who need to take a good hard look at themselves: Betts, Yarran, Rowe and Murphy.

It was a high pressure game, but we allowed them to shut us down too much in the last quarter. We barely got it forward of centre and couldn't stop the flow down the other end.

I think this will be it for us, we could only really afford to drop 1 game and with Richmond and Essendon still to play, I can't see us making it from here.

Reply #16
That was a bad bad heartless loss.

Disgraceful.

Mm needs to wear some heat for that display.

Half the guys were statues - contributed NOTHING...

bETTS, Yazz, Murphy, Gibbs, Robbo, Armfield, Curnow, etc etc

They all seem to be too worried about their man instead of chasing the footy. Most if not all are not playing their natural game style.

Agreed then that is poor coaching too.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
my issue is that we cant seem to control the game, we seem to be playing catch up all the time

Reply #18
we've gotta toughen up and get super fit.

definitely short on expertise in comparison and out coached yet again. dodgy game plan MM, everyone is awake to you now.

too many softies....when you tackle you have to tackle ton hurt....toughen up!!!!!!

Ala Hawthorn, the tackle to hurt all the time, we just tackle to slow them down until they can get the handball off.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #19
Players who need to take a good hard look at themselves: Betts, Yarran, Rowe and Murphy.

Add Gibbs, Jamison, Robbo, Garlett to that list.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #20
Mick isn't my favourite person tonight. It might just be me venting at the wrong time, but can we trade Mick for Buddy Franklin and get Duigan to coach the side. :o ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
Its the tackling that dissapointed me...ours didnt stick, the broke them easily and a lot of their players stood up in the tackles and got clean ball away to teammates.

Murphy needs to hand back the captains role and learn how to defend himslef vs the taggers...get a tape of another small bloke in Brent Harvey.
Crowley ran away from Murphy in the last quarter and Murph couldnt go with him.....I think Bell has to play, we dont have size around the ball and need  some 190cm, 90kg mids who can mark the footy, and stand up in tackles, we looked very undersized in contests.

Reply #22
we had the coach apologise to the fans - going to get one from the captain?

Reply #23
why is the predominant trait amongst our lads front running show pony stuff =- from the Captain down...?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
So one of the hardest working teams in the league beat one of the laziest  ::)

AND we let Ballantyne have the last laugh. This club is edging closer and closer to being DEAD to me.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #25
Bryce Gibbs went a long way into killing our momentum and giving them a big lead.

We lost what i consider to be a winnable game.

The worst part is that i tipped this result.  We cant possibly lose next week, and we are not good enough to win five in a row.

Murph was limping around the field tonight.  Either he copped a corkie early which stopped his run, or he wasn't right.

Cant see how we can push Scotland to retire.  Scotland Simpson and Tuohy and Judd were head and shoulders better than the rest.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Mick isn't my favourite person tonight. It might just be me venting at the wrong time, but can we trade Mick for Buddy Franklin and get Duigan to coach the side. :o ;D

Quite frankly, Mm screwed this season by poor MC selections in the first two months of the season.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
No McPharlin & no Pavlich and they made us look ordinary in the end.

We had some good passages of play across the first three quarters but they flexed some muscle in the last and pulled away like good sides do. They are a top 3 team and will be a real show come finals time.

We have to face facts here, our wins this year have mostly been against teams below us on the ladder and we have been shown up by those above us even if the margin at times has been only a kick.

The vast majority of Blues fans had some real enthusiasm & expectation when Malthouse arrived. He was expected to get more out of the players that Ratts did and he took them to nearly a prelim final. However, Malthouse has had time to assess our list and now stated we are around 14 players off where he believes it should be.

There is no point in getting upset or angry right now, it is what it is and if we were honest with ourselves we would of known that we still aren't ready to challenge the upper echelon of the ladder just yet. We are not far off it and subject to what happens in the trade & draft period, we could be right back in the hunt in 2014.

Many people have questioned aspects of our game & playing list and they are all quite valid. We don't have the full skill set, we don't have the mental edge just yet, we aren't fit enough right now and we don't have the cattle. To expect us to challenge professional teams like Hawthorn & Sydney with the list we have is living in dreamland.

It was a pretty good game of footy tonight and there were some positives for the future (eg. Tuohy kicking 3 & Watson providing a target up forward) but in the end, the difference in class & talent came home to roost.

Lastly, there was a handful of regular senior players who were virtually passengers tonight and for that reason, will come under more & more intense scrutiny as the end of the season draws closer by the week..
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #28
Bryce Gibbs went a long way into killing our momentum and giving them a big lead.

We lost what i consider to be a winnable game.

The worst part is that i tipped this result.  We cant possibly lose next week, and we are not good enough to win five in a row.

Murph was limping around the field tonight.  Either he copped a corkie early which stopped his run, or he wasn't right.

Cant see how we can push Scotland to retire.  Scotland Simpson and Tuohy and Judd were head and shoulders better than the rest.

that tells how sh1te we are

Reply #29
Always seem to get the opposition when they are most pumped. Frockers won't play like that week in week out. They were manic tonight.

Apart from the last quarter, gallant effort by the boys. Some obviously had their colors lowered.

And BT should stick that microphone up his crack hole.