Skip to main content
Topic: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst) (Read 55780 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst)

Reply #150
One thing no-one else has mentioned.....yes, we were all happy with Tuohy's game - but in hindsight, is it justified? His 3 goals were excellent - however, his direct opponent in Walters was Freo's most potent forward & was named BOG in some media outlets. It's almost as if Tuohy has over-corrected in regards to balancing defence with attack.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #151
Also Andy Walks has - finally - developed into a fine running HBF, despite 4 years of mediocrity under Ratten.

Last year wasn't great for Walks but 2011 he was outstanding for the entire year and in 2010 he basically had the same year he had this year where he was blitzing them early off half back and then it went off the rails. Before that he had terrible injury woes.

Anyway, there's lots of stuff we've tried this year that works somewhere between okay and well on occassions but falls over when it counts but we already knew that because we tried it 2-5 years ago. I think MM didn't do enough homework on our players because he should know why we abandoned some of the stuff he continues to try.

Also, why is 1AW taking kickouts?

If we want to take positives out, I'd say at least we never found ourselves without a forward to kick to but that might just a reflection of how stationary/static we are.

Reply #152
Started the third quarter with Cachia, Curnow and Mclean in for the centre bounce. Of those three, Cachia and Curnow were wearing their opponents like a glove, rendering them useless in any form of attack. Surely we can't win games like this?

x1000000

It's good for stopping blowouts but I'd prefer we cop an extra 5 goals and get games into a future prospect who has some class and impact games.