Skip to main content
Topic: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst) (Read 55601 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst)

Reply #30
We play Bulldogs, Richmond, Essendon and Port Adelaide. One win in those games. If we beat the Dogs. IF ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #31
Mick isn't my favourite person tonight. It might just be me venting at the wrong time, but can we trade Mick for Buddy Franklin and get Duigan to coach the side. :o ;D

Quite frankly, Mm screwed this season by poor MC selections in the first two months of the season.....

Selections weren't too flash tonight either. Why no Warnock?

Did I see Ballantyne manhandle an umpire tonight?  :o  Isn't that 9 weeks?  Where's Fatprick Smith?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #32
No McPharlin & no Pavlich and they made us look ordinary in the end.

We had some good passages of play across the first three quarters but they flexed some muscle in the last and pulled away like good sides do. They are a top 3 team and will be a real show come finals time.

We have to face facts here, our wins this year have mostly been against teams below us on the ladder and we have been shown up by those above us even if the margin at times has been only a kick.

The vast majority of Blues fans had some real enthusiasm & expectation when Malthouse arrived. He was expected to get more out of the players that Ratts did and he took them to nearly a prelim final. However, Malthouse has had time to assess our list and now stated we are around 14 players off where he believes it should be.

There is no point in getting upset or angry right now, it is what it is and if we were honest with ourselves we would of known that we still aren't ready to challenge the upper echelon of the ladder just yet. We are not far off it and subject to what happens in the trade & draft period, we could be right back in the hunt in 2014.

Many people have questioned aspects of our game & playing list and they are all quite valid. We don't have the full skill set, we don't have the mental edge just yet, we aren't fit enough right now and we don't have the cattle. To expect us to challenge professional teams like Hawthorn & Sydney with the list we have is living in dreamland.

It was a pretty good game of footy tonight and there were some positives for the future (eg. Tuohy kicking 3 & Watson providing a target up forward) but in the end, the difference in class & talent came home to roost.

Lastly, there was a handful of regular senior players who were virtually passengers tonight and for that reason, will come under more & more intense scrutiny as the end of the season draws closer by the week..

what, the stars didn't align? - I for one bought into that crapola at the start of the year

Reply #33
We lack hunger, have been thinking this for while then I turn to the TV and Ross Lyon comes on and talks about this topic. They came along with an attitude that said "we wont lose against this mob tonight" and they didn't, 4 qtrs of relentless pressure. We need to learn to bring "attitude" to games.

Having said that, a few need to be dropped:
Yarran
Betts
Rowe
Carrots

Murphy might need a run in the twos also

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
We play Bulldogs, Richmond, Essendon and Port Adelaide. One win in those games. If we beat the Dogs. IF ?

We can win 'em all!!!!!!!!

Reply #35
Tonight we met an undermanned D1ckers unit, on our dung heap and they pulled down our dacks.

But, nothing to worry about... our President said we have a great list.

Forget finals.

MM, stop making excuses and painting an optimistic view of progress. This side will not deliver you a top 4 result or better.

Time to be ruthless at the trade and assistant coach table.

As for on-field leadership... >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
Tonight we met an undermanned D1ckers unit, on our dung heap and they pulled down our dacks.

Forget finals.

MM, stop making excuses and painting an optimistic view of progress. This side will not deliver you a top 4 result or better.

But the problem remains (mainly) between our ears because some weeks we do turn up?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #37
Still too many soft players who wont put their body on the line.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #38
what, the stars didn't align? - I for one bought into that crapola at the start of the year

We all bought into that crapola at the start of the year but we have been sold a lemon.

We will be back up there but it may not be for another couple of years till we are a real contender. We don't have the players, it's as simple as that and it will take at least two trade periods to get what we need.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #39
We need to restructure the side. Too many blokes playing right now that haven't come back well from injuries. Just finds you out against sides like Freo. Need to restructure the midfield.

Watto did well as did Touhy, who should be in the midfield, as should Walker, who was sh1t tonight at HB.

We need another captain.

We need to put the blokes I was talking about who haven't come up after injuries back to the twos.

Get young blokes like Graham and Menzel  into the side.

That last qtr was deadset sh1tful.

Reply #40
MM should be getting a lot of the heat really! I'm sick of his apologies!

If I don't perform in my job, sorry doesn't cut it!

P1ss him off now, he's the biggest dud of em all, should have kept Ratts. At least he was able to get the best out of our list....

Bl00dy Richmond, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Eagles reject....

Reply #41
Still too many soft players who wont put their body on the line.

Yep .

And it has a two fold effect.
A) their non effort leaves us exposed and
B) it creates dissent because the one that do put in get the craps.

That was finals type pressure and 4 guys failed the test AGAIN.

Also not at all happy with the MC.

MM needs to take a hit as well tonight.

Oh and Suban killed us while the player we gave up the draft pick up that got him is in the magoos.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #42

Forget finals.

But the problem remains (mainly) between our ears because some weeks we do turn up?

You are right, but, when we experience bona fide defensive pressure, we go to water... and that is about culture/personnel. :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #43

We all bought into that crapola at the start of the year but we have been sold a lemon.

We will be back up there but it may not be for another couple of years till we are a real contender. We don't have the players, it's as simple as that and it will take at least two trade periods to get what we need.

The point I m trying to make is MM's assessment of the list at the start. clearly excited and optimistic
He got it wrong, he knows it, and its frustrating him - the players can only respond to their ability, other seem they just haven't bought in/
Murphy is the biggest concern - he's got a big problem there

Reply #44
MM should be getting a lot of the heat really! I'm sick of his apologies!

If I don't perform in my job, sorry doesn't cut it!

P1ss him off now, he's the biggest dud of em all, should have kept Ratts. At least he was able to get the best out of our list....

Bl00dy Richmond, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Eagles reject....
Can you please state exactly what you believe MM did wrong.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time