Skip to main content
Topic: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst) (Read 55817 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst)

Reply #45
I said it right at the start when Watson started playing for us and did very little to light up the place. I said he moves like a forward and should go forward. Livingston was very similar and we killed his career by keeping him down back.

It makes you wonder who else we have in the twos that could play up if given the chance but we continue to play all the favourites that haven't brought the chocolates home yet. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #47
"they were harder & more desperate"

"they belted us through the middle"

"we got absolutely nothing from our small forwards"

"they are a Top 4 team and it clearly shows the gap between us & the Top 4 teams"

"I can't think of any of our midfielders who would be in the Top 6 players in the match"

"we need a massive improvement on tonights performance, we'll just worry about the Bulldogs next week and not the other games"

Malthouse being interviewed by Richo post-match. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #48
Our blokes do not run hard enough both ways. Freo worked much harder all night.

Just watching the MM interview with Richo Yarran limping badly in the background with his shin iced.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49

"they are a Top 4 team and it clearly shows the gap between us & the Top 4 teams"

"I can't think of any of our midfielders who would be in the Top 6 players in the match"

"we need a massive improvement on tonights performance, we'll just worry about the Bulldogs next week and not the other games"

Also pretty telling his comments when Richo asked if they did enough to help out Murphy.....Malthouse basically said that he's got to do something about it himself.....almost a public baking.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #50
Our blokes do not run hard enough both ways. Freo worked much harder all night.

Just watching the MM interview with Richo Yarran limping badly in the background with his shin iced.
Yarran or Watson? I saw Watto limping badly and an iced calf.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51
Still too many soft players who wont put their body on the line.

X2.

Yarran Murphy Gibbs are all in most of supporters minds in our top 10 yet they lack true heart.

Yarran is fast, exciting to watch when allowed room and at times looks skillful. YET when asked to work hard against the better teams he is lazy, not accountable and lacks any sort of heart that all great players have.

We have many players in this category.

Reply #52
The same ol' story with certain individuals. Go missing when the heat is on - Murph, Gibbo, Luco, Bettsy, Garlett, Yazz  >:(

Umpiring was an atrocity. WTF was that???????

Tuohy was outstanding. Shows everyone at the club how hard work reaps rewards.

Time to get the broom and do a bit of sweeping.....

Reply #53
Yarran put up one of the weakest contests I've ever seen and then when he didn't win the ball he just stopped and watched. We just need to cut our losses and trade this guy.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #54
I guess the thing that irks me most is that Richmond have gone well past us over the past two years and they even rolled the Hawks today. We used to laugh at them and consider the opening round of the season a bankable 4-points every year.

Now, they are developing into a very good team and would give us a touch-up on most occasions.

Why are they now such an improved team when we have had the better draft opportunities ??

So many things to get right and it all happens off the field first.  

Reply #55
Yarran put up one of the weakest contests I've ever seen and then when he didn't win the ball he just stopped and watched. We just need to cut our losses and trade this guy.

I have been copping an almighty bashing for a few years now because I have been saying that exact thing. 

Reply #56

I have been copping an almighty bashing for a few years now because I have been saying that exact thing.
right next to me.

Reply #57
Yarran is fast, exciting to watch when allowed room and at times looks skillful. YET when asked to work hard against the better teams he is lazy, not accountable and lacks any sort of heart that all great players have.

Hellooooooooo .......................... another convert.

Yarran is undoubtedly one of the most frustrating players I've seen for many years. His highlight reel is genuinely exhilarating and he possesses some of the most exquisite skills you can imagine in a player.

His lazy attitude is the killer, he only 'goes' when he decides its time to. This brings an unreliability component to his game which reduces him to the status of a spectator at times.

I fear that this aspect of his game will never change and we will forever be pulling our hair out over it whilst he remains at the club.

Reply #58
MM should be getting a lot of the heat really! I'm sick of his apologies!

If I don't perform in my job, sorry doesn't cut it!

P1ss him off now, he's the biggest dud of em all, should have kept Ratts. At least he was able to get the best out of our list....

Bl00dy Richmond, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Eagles reject....
Can you please state exactly what you believe MM did wrong.

Ok I'll humor you!  ;)

As stated in a previous post, his game plan is outdated and as the coach he is there to devise game plans to win us games.  Someone said earlier, he fcuked around with the squad in the first part of the season and has cost us finals - true. The team (most of which were here last year) don't have the same desire they showed when Rattan was coaching! Trust also we do not have the list to win a flag but we should be higher on the ladder this year. He's not getting the best out of the group and there is a real negativity about the game plan, something like, let's fcuk around with the ball down the wings while the opposition counteract, so by the time we get the ball in to the forward line everyone is manned up, the gaps to lead in to are plugged and we don't score and the opposition clear with ease given numbers.

That's enough for now....

Need another drink to drown my sorrows.... ;)

Reply #59

Also pretty telling his comments when Richo asked if they did enough to help out Murphy.....Malthouse basically said that he's got to do something about it himself.....almost a public baking.

Hate to say I told you so but I've been saying it for a long time.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!