Skip to main content
Topic: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)  (Read 43028 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)

Reply #90
Any news on Buckley? Was tearing it up before he got injured. I cannot believe the confidence this kid now plays with after cementing his spot in the side. Never holds on to the ball too long, chooses the right option and hits his targets more often than not.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #92
Hendo had another bitch of a night. What do to with him?

CHB ....

I like what Jamo, Rowe and White are doing. I wouldn't be wanting to mess with that to find a spot for an out of for forward. Besides he still takes a good defender and frees up Waite.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #93
Any news on Buckley? Was tearing it up before he got injured. I cannot believe the confidence this kid now plays with after cementing his spot in the side. Never holds on to the ball too long, chooses the right option and hits his targets more often than not.

Cork
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #94

Couple of terrible clangers early though (he was under a heap of pressure).. Hope that doesn't become a habit because he should turn into some sort of mid if his skills are sharp.

Reply #95
Hendo had another bitch of a night. What do to with him?

CHB ....

Hendo is struggling for form.  No doubt.   Lets not forget that he basically had no pre season.  had one game for NB before being selected for round 1.    Behind the 8 ball

Reply #96
I thought a draw would have been befitting for this abysmal match. This is best effort these two sides can put together? *shudders*

Thank goodness for quality beers on tap at home.

I was laughing along with a cows mate at the p!ss poor kicking efficiency, dodgy umpiring calls, woeful shots for goal, 80m backwards plays,...

It must have been a long time since we won after a bye too?

We have a long way to go. Good to see Docerty get some pill though.

Reply #97
Dwayne Russell should stop doing Carlton games , his bias is sickening. .

I reckon the first time he called a Carlton players' name, was about 5mins in "Menzel..... he's a good South Australian lad".

Reply #98
Dwayne Russell should stop doing Carlton games , his bias is sickening. .

I reckon the first time he called a Carlton players' name, was about 5mins in "Menzel..... he's a good South Australian lad".

Was it just me, or did he on numerous occasions call Waite Thomas?

Reply #99
Is Dangerfield on our radar recruiting wise?
Would replace Judd when he retires...but here's wishing, although we would have a packet of money we could throw at him. 8)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #100
Would replace Judd when he retires...but here's wishing, although we would have a packet of money we could throw at him. 8)

How good would he be for us?

He'd almost make us top 6 on his own.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #101

He would command big $$$$.  Don't think we could afford him. Anyway. More than lilely he will remain a crow,  Can't see him going anywhere

Reply #102
I thought a draw would have been befitting for this abysmal match. This is best effort these two sides can put together? *shudders*

Thank goodness for quality beers on tap at home.

I was laughing along with a cows mate at the p!ss poor kicking efficiency, dodgy umpiring calls, woeful shots for goal, 80m backwards plays,...

It must have been a long time since we won after a bye too?

We have a long way to go. Good to see Docerty get some pill though.

didn't think it was that bad a game. You can only play as well as your allowed to on the day/night. Sure neither side is a top 4 contender, but the result was right result IMO.  Furthermore i think we came out of it with much more to build on than they did, much more even spread of key and younger contributors than them.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #103

He would command big $$$$.  Don't think we could afford him. Anyway. More than lilely he will remain a crow,  Can't see him going anywhere

We should have a bit of cash from Scotland & Judd - potentially Carrots and Waite (Dangerfield has a contract for next year so we're talking 2016). Gibbs has been a few weeks from committing for about 3 months now so potentially more cash there.

Reply #104
I wanna pay credit to Simon White. Thought he was fantastic down back for us. Really coming into his own down there.

Hendo is worrying me a little. From the tv coverage, he was nowhere to be seen :-\ play him down back to get his confidence back.

Touhy has gone backwards this year I reckon. Unlike last year, I panic when he's near the ball and even when he has it!!  Too many turnovers and for the apprenticeship he has served, he should be getting a lot more of it and using it better.

Garlett threatened to make an impact but sadly that's all it was- a threat.

Ellard?????  Too many negatives to get a senior game I reckon. Kicked a nice goal but lacks size, lacks height , lacks pace..........good wet weather hard nut slog it out footballer but how often do we play in conditions like that??

Fairly even contribution from all today was a positive but slow ball movement and terrible disposal still fills me with no confidence that we're going anywhere in a hurry.

Very happy with the win.

Agree with the comments re Hendo and Touhey. Frankly they were both cr@p. Hendo is not only completely out of form, but is becoming Gibbs like3 in his lack of attack on the ball.

If anyone wants to know how a midfielder like Gibbs SHOULD attack the ball, I hope you watched Dangerfield. Probably played with a busted rib, but what a player. Reminded me of the Dominator. If Gibbs AND for that matter Hendo, had half the guts of a Dangerfield, or a Simmo, then they might actually earn their keep.

Touhey hasn't got, and I don't know if he ever will have, a football brain. The betts goal against him, said it all for me. Touhey had the mark, went to kick it, but second guessed himself, lost the ball, it went to Eddie, goal. At the moment he's a liability, but we don't have anyone to replace him.

White has improved out of sight. I don't care what anyone says, I still have my heart in my mouth and cover my eyes every time Rowe goes near the ball. he's better than he was 5 weeks ago, but he's a long way away from being a good reliable defender. And I counted 4 times when he could have easily marked the ball, but went for the punch.

Loved Daisys game. he will be a real asset to us as he gets fitter. Andre and Troy very good. I thought Murphy was very good especially in the third quarter.

Waite does attack the ball, but always over-commits and falls over too much. And his record from a set shot when we are desperate for him to kick a goal, is appalling.

Walker is disappointing. Gives away too many frees, slips over, and can't hit a target when he kicks.

Levi, still not a CONSISTENT, second effort once he drops a mark. he follows up some times but not always.

We are still a long way away from the better teams, and the real test for us comes next week against Brissy. That's right, next week.

Brissy are totally stuffed. And if we don't beat them by 80 points or more, then it will tell us all we need to know about this team. WWe haven't buried a side for years. We need % if we are to have even the slightest chance of a top 8 finish. next week is the week to get some. let's see how they go.