Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546534 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #315
I think Watson is a lock in for the WC......while he cant turn many starts into centuries he is still very handy with the bat and his bowling is very accurate and
he has that partnership breaking ability you need.

David Warner....great talent as we all know but as Martin Crowe has suggested one of the most juvenile players to have ever played the game.
The incident with Rohit Sharma was an embarrassment and even though he said he got it wrong with the deflection from his throw and that he shouldnt have engaged
Sharma  he now wont apologise....poor form.
He continues to hide behind the excuse that Australia play aggressive cricket...no one supports aggressive cricket more than me but there is a line and he continues to cross it. One day another nutter like a Keiran Pollard will lose it with him on or off the field and there will be a physical altercation and Warner will be on the receiving end.

He needs to be warned by CA that he will be dropped if his behaviour doesnt improve......50% of his match fine is nothing for well paid International cricketers....
Love watching Warner bat but cringe at his behaviour and its going to end badly one day for him if he doesnt grow up..

Reply #316
The incident with Rohit Sharma was an embarrassment and even though he said he got it wrong with the deflection from his throw and that he shouldnt have engaged

The bloke who should be wearing some heat about the situation is Haddin, he basically made the inference that set the whole situation in play just to cover up a piss-weak one handed keeping effort! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #317
ICC should simply start suspending players.

It's childish rubbish mainly... I don't understand why so many of them get sucked in to it.

Reply #318
I think that Warner's behaviour is appalling and the cricket authorities really should clamp down on poor behaviour and time wasting.  However, I wouldn't mind someone with Warner's attitude in navy blue.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #319
I think that Warner's behaviour is appalling and the cricket authorities really should clamp down on poor behaviour and time wasting.  However, I wouldn't mind someone with Warner's attitude in navy blue.

Good point. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #320
I have to admit I am not impressed with the Vic tactics, boring their way to a shield victory is a very high risk option, by playing to draw they keep WA in the game longer!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #321
Victoria wasted the ideal batting conditions, were cheaply bowled out after overnight rain leaving a 1st innings deficit. Lost Pattinson to injury after five overs, bad for Victoria but worse for Australia. And now have the WA openers chasing quick runs at ODI rates with little resistance!

This is how to finish top and lose a cricket match.

The Vics may have well took the field wearing thumb screws, and they did it to themselves! They will be praying for enough rain so that they don't have to bat last on a rain affected pitch.

All that is good and bad in Sheffield Shield cricket wrapped up in one match!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #322
Does anyone know where to stream or listen to the Test Match?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #324
http://watchcric.net/   ...dont know how slow/quick it is or how it operates..

It's so depressing, I just want to go to bed and listen to the cricket on the radio like I have for the last 30 years. Feck me, I have no idea how they can damage the brand like this and think they are doing the right thing by the game. Kids are not even interested, nobody I know buys Foxtel and you cannot even sit around a fire or barbecue and listen to the cricket.

Those megalomaniacs running this crape must lie their arse off to investors and advertisers because the audience is effectively zero!

The world is all fecked up and going down the gurgler!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #325
It's so depressing, I just want to go to bed and listen to the cricket on the radio like I have for the last 30 years. Feck me, I have no idea how they can damage the brand like this and think they are doing the right thing by the game. Kids are not even interested, nobody I know buys Foxtel and you cannot even sit around a fire or barbecue and listen to the cricket.

Those megalomaniacs running this crape must lie their arse off to investors and advertisers because the audience is effectively zero!

The world is all fecked up and going down the gurgler!

Agree....listened to my first cricket matches on a crystal radio I built, its such a shame the ABC and BBC seem out of the loop in World Cricket and its it just
used to be a institution that you could listen to every Aussie test match by radio.
The Indian monopoly on all things cricket has stuffed the game and taken it away from being the peoples game and free to all  to a TV game where you pay for everything..
Enjoy the Ashes while its still free...

Reply #326

Agree....listened to my first cricket matches on a crystal radio I built, its such a shame the ABC and BBC seem out of the loop in World Cricket and its it just
used to be a institution that you could listen to every Aussie test match by radio.
The Indian monopoly on all things cricket has stuffed the game and taken it away from being the peoples game and free to all  to a TV game where you pay for everything..

I used to wake up with my crystal set earpiece cord wrapped around my neck!

ABC cricket broadcasts should be mandatory as part of the ABC's charter and with guaranteed funding.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #327

It's unbelievable that in this age of technology the options to freely listen to/watch cricket are worse than they were 50 years ago......I couldn't even find a radio commentary stream. No-ones going to games, or following test matches, but it's OK coz the governing bodies are all filling their pockets from the elitist media coverage....

grrrrr.

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #328
Brendon Julian never really made the cricket headlines a lot as a player but as a commentator he has for all the wrong reasons, while presenting awards
in the West Indies he did a Sandy Roberts and presented the " Sir Wank Worrell trophy".......pretty much sums up the series really....

Reply #329
Brendon Julian never really made the cricket headlines a lot as a player but as a commentator he has for all the wrong reasons, while presenting awards
in the West Indies he did a Sandy Roberts and presented the " Sir Wank Worrell trophy".......pretty much sums up the series really....

Still it would have been nice to hear it!
The Force Awakens!