Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547426 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #465
I'd be looking at trying a new all rounder because the incumbent isn't a No. 6 batsman's bootlaces.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #466
I'd be looking at trying a new all rounder because the incumbent isn't a No. 6 batsman's bootlaces.

Glen Maxwell must be some sort of chance though I think they rate the bowling ability of Marsh and want the extra pace bowler...Henriques would be another option....

Reply #467
Glen Maxwell must be some sort of chance though I think they rate the bowling ability of Marsh and want the extra pace bowler...Henriques would be another option....

One last chance for Marsh - needs to score more......crikey Siddle is more damaging with the bat!  :o
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #468
One last chance for Marsh - needs to score more......crikey Siddle is more damaging with the bat!  :o

Marsh in the squad along with Pattinson and Okeefe......reckon Pattinson might play ahead of Hazelwood as he is more of a strike bowler and Siddle will also
come in to the team and do the donkey work.
Lets hope that Pattison can hold up injury wise....

Reply #469
I'm not disparaging Steve O'Keefe or his deservedness for a test spot, but how the feck does he get a run ahead of Fawad Ahmed and what sort of signal does that send?

In their last 10 matches O'Keefe has taken 14 wickets,.... Ahmed has taken 39!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #470
We need to be seriously thinking about the future... Faulkner I'd be looking at for down the track. Can't believe either or both Marshes are getting another chance, both have been extremely underwhelming at Test level.

Bit over the criticism Smith is copping for not declaring earlier...  why is it always Australia that has to set up games?  The Kiwis didn't exactly hurry things along in the field.  Every man and his dog knew that is was going to be a draw when Smith got out early on the fifth day.

Reply #471
I'm not disparaging Steve O'Keefe or his deservedness for a test spot, but how the feck does he get a run ahead of Fawad Ahmed and what sort of signal does that send?

In their last 10 matches O'Keefe has taken 14 wickets,.... Ahmed has taken 39!

Tells you they want Okeefe to hold up an end if he plays and not leak runs...Ahmed can take wickets but can also go for plenty.....we wont play a second spinner given Smith can roll his arm over
if required....

Reply #472
We need to be seriously thinking about the future... Faulkner I'd be looking at for down the track. Can't believe either or both Marshes are getting another chance, both have been extremely underwhelming at Test level.

Bit over the criticism Smith is copping for not declaring earlier...  why is it always Australia that has to set up games?  The Kiwis didn't exactly hurry things along in the field.  Every man and his dog knew that is was going to be a draw when Smith got out early on the fifth day.

Mitch Marsh is bowling really well. Although he is the all rounder he is batting at no.6 meaning his batting is more important than his bowling to the team, hence he best be making some runs if he wants to keep his spot. Watson at least got starts and rarely made single figure scores. Just kept getting a brilliant 25 then getting out. That was his problem. Faulkner or Henriques must be pushing Marsh for his spot.

Not sure how Shaun Marsh got a gig again. Like Marcus North he'll get 100, cement his spot, then get nothing for the next 5 innings. Would've gone with Klinger.

Pattinson and Siddle in. Hazelwood is doing very little. Current pitches require an accurate workhorse that can keep pressure on the batsmen. Siddle is that person.

Reply #473
Mitch Marsh needs to start bowling well because he can't bat for crap... just like his brother....just not good enough.

Australian cricket is in a crisis when most of the batting comes from WA....  Voges looks like he can get out any ball, the Marsh brother are deadest hopeless...  FFS, give somebody else a go like Faulkner or Stoins or anybody not those WA nupties.

Reply #474
I think guys like Voges are just there to mark time before w find the next generation of batsmen. I don't think either of the Marshes are quite good enough. No ground is too big for Mitch when he gets going, but if the ball moves, he gets out. Shaun has had his turn. he needs to stop getting out to nothing balls. Voges is not quite good enough.
But where are the next generation of batsmen to take their places?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #475
Shaun marsh is 32 and has had 200 first class innings for 16 hundreds. When picking young guys, stats can be forgiven for talent, but they don't lie when you're 32. He is crape

Reply #476
Shaun marsh is 32 and has had 200 first class innings for 16 hundreds. When picking young guys, stats can be forgiven for talent, but they don't lie when you're 32. He is crape
I wish Shaun Marsh were fecal, but he isn't. He just doesn't have the concentration or hardness. At 32 he really needs to find something. Mind you, our batting really needs some new talent.

Our bowling isn't bad if we can ever get our guys fit on the field. But that just doesn't happen.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #477
For two Test I would've played Klinger ahead of S.Marsh. After that Khawaja returns. S.Marsh has had his chances. Faulkner may get his chance again as the all-rounder at this rate. Pattinson obviously for Starc.

Reply #478
What a refreshing change to see a test match where the balance of bat & ball is a bit more even !..........and continues to show up that the current generation of batsmen have no idea of how to bat with the ball moving off dead straight for a good chunk of the time.  Learnt nothing from the recent Ashes debarcle.

3 Day test ?  Who cares !  5 days is the absolute limit, not a minimum.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #479
What a refreshing change to see a test match where the balance of bat & ball is a bit more even !..........and continues to show up that the current generation of batsmen have no idea of how to bat with the ball moving off dead straight for a good chunk of the time.  Learnt nothing from the recent Ashes debarcle.

3 Day test ?  Who cares !  5 days is the absolute limit, not a minimum.

Yep.

I thought it was fantastic.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................