Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547097 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #945
Into the tail already at 4 for 114  ::)

I reckon that we need at least another 100 runs and bat for a significant time tomorrow.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #946
Into the tail already at 4 for 114  ::)

I reckon that we need at least another 100 runs and bat for a significant time tomorrow.

I take it back, Mitch Marsh did quite well and holding out until stumps is one goal achieved.

Another hundred runs would be nice but 50-60 should give us a pretty good chance, particularly if the ball keeps low for Starc and Hazlewood.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #947
Anyway, no-one wins in India, everyone gets a flogging. If we get close they'll just produce a dirty, dry dusty turner next Test. We will get smacked 4-0 so i'm just focused ahead on next years Ashes. We flog India the next time they are here. The result in India won't affect my judgement of the team at all. Last time we lost in India 4-0 we pumped the Poms later that year 5-0.

Glad we turned up Jim.
Still could get done but the Aussies will get a lot out of this

Reply #948
Glad we turned up Jim.

No one is more shocked than me..lol. I'm sure we're all a bit surprised.

Win this one then just have to sneak another and the worst you get is a drawn series. Getting a bit ahead of myself but a win here and u never know.

Reply #949
India changing tactics today, looking to slow the game down.

Smith dropped on 67, weird match, not sure what India are up to with Ashwin bowling off-breaks on Smith's leg stump.

This outfield is becoming faster than a bowling alley, Australia will need more runs than people think!

On queue, Marsh out!

Wade lunging at the ball, then sweeping like it's pre-determined, won't last long if he doesn't start playing each pill on it's merits.

I reckon India are effectively down to four batsmen, KL Rahul looks cooked shoulder wise. But you never know when Indians are fielding!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #950
I still have major concerns about the Marsh brothers, and, to a less extent, Wade. But I can't complain about how things have gone so far.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #951
Glad we turned up Jim.

Still turning up. 400 in front with 4 wickets still left.

Reply #952
Still turning up. 400 in front with 4 wickets still left.

India have entered this match with 5 batsmen each capable of batting for two days. In the first innings Starc offloaded two of then in an over. The rest of the Indian team went bananas and threw away their wickets.

KL Rahul is injured or faking injury to get off the field, perhaps to build up some energy to bat long. But even if his shoulder is stuffed that still leaves them with four blokes who are known long innings builders.

We should not be too comfortable with 8 sessions left to play, no rain and 38 degree heat forecast.

If we cannot knock them over Starc, Hazlewood and O'Keefe could be cooked before the 2nd test. Lyon is the only bloke we've got out there that can bowl all day and do it again tomorrow, but he doesn't have the captain's confidence.

For me it' a big mistake not trying to bat out another session.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #953
India 3/52 chasing 441.

O'Keefe 2/14.

Reply #954
Has all the hallmark of Indian bookmakers.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #955
India 5/89

O'Keefe 4/29. Makes 10 wickets for the match.

Reply #956
Tea India 6/99

O'Keefe 5/33

Reply #957
India all out 107.

O'Keefe 6/35 again
Lyon 4/53

Australia won by 333 runs.

Reply #958
Amazing win.

Reply #959
O'Keefe best ever figures by an Australian in India. 2nd best ever by a visiting player there behind Botham's 13/106.