Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546550 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1035
Well as I suspected, the controversy really did start with Kohli's dismissal!

Read it Here

I think I've used this term before, but the smeller is the fella!

Otherwise the Indian complaints are all smoke and mirrors, covering up their attempts to influence officials and alter key decisions in the game. I wouldn't be surprised to find them playing the race card again!

Maybe CA can send Mick Gatto? :D

Of course it's all smoke and mirrors. You only had to listen to the 3rd umpire as he explained the decision very clearly. There was nothing controversial about the decision at all - there was no proof he definitely hit the ball first, so the umpires decision stands. Which part of that is complicated to understand.

What annoys me is no one calls them out on their antics. Kholi claimed Australia twice looked to the dressing room while he was batting and called Smith a cheat. But India have provided no proof of this very serious allegation, but there is no sanction from the ICC.

The umps are piss weak and running scared they will be vetoed by the Indians if they try to put a stop to their on field games. It's part of a concerted effort to assert maximum pressure on the officials to get favourable outcomes within the match.

Reply #1036
Hey Smithy,

I've got this stupid call centre woman who rings me at 6 pm every Friday night and tells me that she is from Microsoft and I have a virus on my computer, and if I send her some money she will clean my computer for me.

Can you please pass onto the Indians next time you're batting to tell their mates that I don't have a virus on my computer, because I keep telling her to go away but she won't listen.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1037
The umps are piss weak and running scared they will be vetoed by the Indians if they try to put a stop to their on field games. It's part of a concerted effort to assert maximum pressure on the officials to get favourable outcomes within the match.

It's not a vetoe they are worried about, they are worried about having their throat cut while they sleep, in the same manner Kohli motioned to Handscomb.

Even the foreign media are running scared, they refuse to comment on such issues until they are clear of the country.

And as you mention, for Kohli and Kumble it's all about influencing the outcome, but the repercussions of their actions go much further and Kohli and Kumble rely on that to add gravity to the decisions that are made.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1038
Read the post above. You might be surprised. Definitely our VC.

Fair nuff. Definitely not VC in my eyes. He's a sook in my opinion and bristles in Aus conditions, then weakens off overseas. Not saying he's rubbish, just a tad overrated IMHO. Dont mean he aint a good player.

Reply #1039
Fair nuff. Definitely not VC in my eyes. He's a sook in my opinion and bristles in Aus conditions, then weakens off overseas. Not saying he's rubbish, just a tad overrated IMHO. Dont mean he aint a good player.

He aint a good player in England or on the sub continent.

He averages 37 in England. That's not what you call a good average for an opener, and it clearly comes back to how hard he goes at the ball.
He plays the ball out in front of his head, not under his eyes.

In India he averages 24. He has no plan and no idea about playing the percentages, and his two outs last test were prime examples.

Sri Lanka his average is 27.

Yes in South Africa he goes well because the conditions are similar to Australia.

He has made 17 out of 18 hundreds in Australia and South Africa

Reply #1040

He averages 37 in England. That's not what you call a good average for an opener, and it clearly comes back to how hard he goes at the ball.

In India he averages 24. He has no plan and no idea about playing the percentages, and his two outs last test were prime examples.

Yes in South Africa he goes well because the conditions are similar to Australia.

Your facts back up my opinion then JH.

I stand firm, he's a flat track bully. Hoping, he and others, can get us over the line in the 3rd Test v India though. Let's see. Good test for our blokes!

Reply #1041
Your facts back up my opinion then JH.

I stand firm, he's a flat track bully. Hoping, he and others, can get us over the line in the 3rd Test v India though. Let's see. Good test for our blokes!

Good or bad he has a problem coming, the new rules that are enforced later this year make his current bats illegal.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1042
Good or bad he has a problem coming, the new rules that are enforced later this year make his current bats illegal.

He does, the bat will be lighter and more aero dynamic so he will play the ball even further in front of his body  :o

Reply #1043

Did have a decent series in England last time with 5 half centuries. The average in England comes down to 37 with his first series there in 2013 after he punched Joe Root. Can't really use averages with 3 Tests as it can be skewed by a very bad, which happens to most batsman, or very good Test. 3 of his last 4 innings in SL were 42, 41 and 68 after a crap first Test. Solid but certainly not spectacular. South Africa conditions are still different, against the world's best attack, and it is away. You could say that's just getting selective if you wanted to suit an argument, not that i'm saying you are. Even the UAE he got 133 and 58 in two Tests there. He's not on his own in India over a couple of tours.

He got his overseas average to 41 at one stage, which is good in anyone's language away from home, but then hit a rough patch on the road, which brought it down to 36 or 37. Still, the likes of Hayden, Clarke and many others stars over the years averaged less than 40 overseas. Not unusual to go worse overseas than that home. That's why winning records are alot better at home because you're more suited to home conditions. He hasn't been as good overseas the last few series but career-wise overseas his issue is more not going on to get centuries, which tends to hurt the average as you will always have your failures. He has alot more half centuries overseas than he does in Australia, where he tends to convert them.

Reply #1044
Did have a decent series in England last time with 5 half centuries. The average in England comes down to 37 with his first series there in 2013 after he punched Joe Root. Can't really use averages with 3 Tests as it can be skewed by a very bad, which happens to most batsman, or very good Test. 3 of his last 4 innings in SL were 42, 41 and 68 after a crap first Test. Solid but certainly not spectacular. South Africa conditions are still different, against the world's best attack, and it is away. You could say that's just getting selective if you wanted to suit an argument, not that i'm saying you are. Even the UAE he got 133 and 58 in two Tests there. He's not on his own in India over a couple of tours.

He got his overseas average to 41 at one stage, which is good in anyone's language away from home, but then hit a rough patch on the road, which brought it down to 36 or 37. Still, the likes of Hayden, Clarke and many others stars over the years averaged less than 40 overseas. Not unusual to go worse overseas than that home. That's why winning records are alot better at home because you're more suited to home conditions. He hasn't been as good overseas the last few series but career-wise overseas his issue is more not going on to get centuries, which tends to hurt the average as you will always have your failures. He has alot more half centuries overseas than he does in Australia, where he tends to convert them.

Reply #1045
It's not a vetoe they are worried about, they are worried about having their throat cut while they sleep, in the same manner Kohli motioned to Handscomb.

Even the foreign media are running scared, they refuse to comment on such issues until they are clear of the country.

And as you mention, for Kohli and Kumble it's all about influencing the outcome, but the repercussions of their actions go much further and Kohli and Kumble rely on that to add gravity to the decisions that are made.

Please... might as well get on the plane and come home if that is the case.

Umpiring has not been the issue... Aussies appear to have been sucked in by Kohli and over reacted post match. Why Sutherland would pour oil on the fire is beyond me.

What Smith did was wrong - not a hanging offence,  just put your hand up and move on. Aussies have shown that India aren't that good when put under pressure. Kohli hasn't made a run, the expectations on him are huge.

We are probably screwed now with Starc being out anyway... but our guys should be confident that they can match it with India.

Reply #1046

I'm not saying use 3 tests, he played there again and now has 8 tests.
An average is just that, it's spread across his record.
He simply does not handle the moving ball. Therefore he never bats long enough.

There is a very good reason he doesn't go on to get centuries, because his technique does not allow it.
He doesn't go out early because he is technically sound but chooses to give it away, he goes out because he can't handle the conditions.
He doesn't have suitable plans for Ashwin, Broad and Anderson.
I'm not saying it's easy, but the best players adapt.
His game is suited to the ball coming on and without sideways movement.

Reply #1047
I'm not saying use 3 tests, he played there again and now has 8 tests.
An average is just that, it's spread across his record.
He simply does not handle the moving ball. Therefore he never bats long enough.

There is a very good reason he doesn't go on to get centuries, because his technique does not allow it.
He doesn't go out early because he is technically sound but chooses to give it away, he goes out because he can't handle the conditions.
He doesn't have suitable plans for Ashwin, Broad and Anderson.
I'm not saying it's easy, but the best players adapt.
His game is suited to the ball coming on and without sideways movement.

Last England series no-one handled the moving ball. Hence scores of 130 and 60. No good pointing the blame at one person. Thing is he made 5 half centuries on his last tour there, including two scores in the 80's and one in the 70's. Liked a century but there's nothing wrong with that output. We can argue what he can and can't do but those were his scores. Sri Lanka was ok in his last two tests without being great. Certainly went ok in the UAE and definitely good in South Africa. For some reason he's done no good in the West Indies, which should've been the easiest place to bat. He does have 14 half centuries overseas and averages around 37. That's about what many stars average overseas actually.  Needed to go on and make more hundreds as now doing so has brought the overseas average down.

Reply #1048
Indians are taking the p1ss with the Ranchi pitch... perhaps they should have their test status revoked if they can't produce a decent pitch... oh wait, they all but run the ICC and can do whatever they want...

As for there being a drought, the outfield seems to get enough water to stay green, just doesn't seem to rain in the centre block...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1049
Indians are taking the p1ss with the Ranchi pitch... perhaps they should have their test status revoked if they can't produce a decent pitch... oh wait, they all but run the ICC and can do whatever they want...

As for there being a drought, the outfield seems to get enough water to stay green, just doesn't seem to rain in the centre block...

The ICC are spineless, they need to whack the Indian team with penalties for the behaviour of BCCI officials.

FWIW, I've never understood why the ICC, given it stumps up for match officials by the dozen(bus loads of them), can't have a small crew of international curators that arrive at test venues a few weeks before a game and oversee the preparation of the pitch.

The thing is with Indian business culture, there would be a local curator deadset ready to join such a panel for profit and backstab his compatriots, their whole free market system is built on doing the dirty! The only thing you would need to do is make sure he doesn't end up on the take from a Indian bookmaker.
The Force Awakens!