Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547247 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #90
Happy to see Warner do well. Has the talent just needs to stay focused. The sooner we get rid of Watson the better. His record is poor and is not a top order batsmen at Test level. Prefer to see Doolan at 3. If so, hopefully Faulkner will get the chance to play as a genuine all rounder at 6. Has the talent and that bit of mongrel to be a success.

Reply #91
Warner gets a hundred and all of a sudden is the doyen of all cricket knowledge ....... FFS !!

Just watch the next Test, don't be expecting back-to-back tons, it won't happen, he'll fail again but everyone will be saying "he got a century in the first Test".

His form line is like a roller-coaster ride, one really good big score following by a lot of coughs and splutters, then another really good score followed by a lot of coughs and splutters.

He is way too inconsistent for me as well as being a 'heart in the mouth' type of player because he approaches every innings like it is a 20/20 slogfest.

All this crap about being a changed man because he has found love with his new squeeze Candace is a furphy too. She is a sports groupie who has been pegged by anyone with a professional contract apart from Cameron Ling. The newspapers up here a few years ago reported that she got zotted by rugby player Sonny-Boy Williams in the toilets of a Sydney nightclub, sounds like a classy woman to me. No doubt this relationship will end in tears and prove beyond doubt that Warner's impatience & poor shot selection isn't just confined to just the playing arena.

Putting Falzon to one side for a moment , his innings was quite responsible and his footwork to the spinners was particularly good.

Having said that, I agree he's a goose and could just as easily throw his innings away. TBH I reckon he's the kind of guy who gets worse when he's seeing them like watermelons because he plays to many shots.

My main concern is Smith. He's an eye player, footwork is appalling against quality pace. Yes, he'll make scores here and there, but he's suspect and unreliable.

Back to Falzon, she's ok looking I suppose. Apparently Warners lost 8 kegs since being with her so maybe she is a positive influence. She is (was?) a professional athlete in her own right.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #92
Warner gets a hundred and all of a sudden is the doyen of all cricket knowledge ....... FFS !!

Just watch the next Test, don't be expecting back-to-back tons, it won't happen, he'll fail again but everyone will be saying "he got a century in the first Test".

His form line is like a roller-coaster ride, one really good big score following by a lot of coughs and splutters, then another really good score followed by a lot of coughs and splutters.

He is way too inconsistent for me as well as being a 'heart in the mouth' type of player because he approaches every innings like it is a 20/20 slogfest.

Having said that, I agree he's a goose and could just as easily throw his innings away. TBH I reckon he's the kind of guy who gets worse when he's seeing them like watermelons because he plays to many shots.

My main concern is Smith. He's an eye player, footwork is appalling against quality pace. Yes, he'll make scores here and there, but he's suspect and unreliable.

Smith, Warner and Hughes.

See the connection, NSW 20/20 hacks masquerading as test players.

As Sheik mentioned they swing the axe and get one good innings every 5 or 10 and the GTV 9 media pump them up like Bradman.

In reality there are a hundred state level and regional players who show just as much skill as that trio but haven't been given the opportunity! FFS, Smith was recruited as a leg spinner to replace Warne and gave it away to chase the big dollars in the IPL as a batsmen!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93
It's a procession after the rain, they've lost 4/9.

Poms have no backbone or preparedness to show some fight.

Imagine how'd we go if we had 11 Test standard players in the team.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #94

Lol, curb that Aussie sporting arrogance for now mate ;D

They've been the better test side for a couple of years for a reason.
Keep the Faith

Reply #95

Lol, curb that Aussie sporting arrogance for now mate ;D

They've been the better test side for a couple of years for a reason.

I agree but what better way to shove it to those smug poms who thought it'd be a 5 zip walk in the park.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #96
Kev Pietersen & Ian Bell only contributed 81 runs between them in the two innings of this Test. During the Ashes series in England, they averaged 101.24 between them.

There's a saving of 120 runs right there !!

Graeme Swann in the recent Ashes series in England : 26/755 @ 29.44, the First Test here : 2/215 @ 107.5

Great move to target him, paid big dividends !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #97
Swan = overrated.

Australia have made him look good in the past with poor batting.
Even talk this afternoon as to whether England should drop him in favour of Monty for the Adelaide test. That's probably a bridge too far, but FFS I hope we don't give this guy a break with the usual poor shot selection and lack of patience we have been exhibiting over the last couple of years.

Reply #98
Swan = overrated.

Australia have made him look good in the past with poor batting.
Even talk this afternoon as to whether England should drop him in favour of Monty for the Adelaide test. That's probably a bridge too far, but FFS I hope we don't give this guy a break with the usual poor shot selection and lack of patience we have been exhibiting over the last couple of years.

Its all about our bowling IMO......our batting is still ordinary and was propped up by the allround efforts of Johnson.....while the latter and Harris have England on the hop with the ball we will continue to dominate but if one of those two get injured or in Johnson's case go back to bowling garbage then England will be back in the contest.

Both Swann and Anderson struggle on Aus wickets where there is little movement and its bowlers like Harris, Johnson and Broad who bend their back get results..... I remain unconvinced about Clarke vs the short pitched stuff as well......he batted in the 2nd dig when the wicket was dead and Broad couldnt get any lift out of the wicket...it wasnt like it was great batting from Clarke IMO, he still looks nervous just like Trott.
There is a youtube video of Clarke vs Steyn and the latter roughing him up with the short ball and Clarke doesnt handle it well at all, he is a bunny vs the bouncer and will continue to be bounced........I'd be dropping myself down to five and getting Doolan in the team...

Hope that wicket in Adelaide is juiced up for our quicks so we can get amongst the Poms again while they have some self doubts..........

Reply #99
Brand new drop in pitch, so I can imagine it will be green on the first couple of days and then break up pretty badly day 4 and 5.

Reply #100
Brand new drop in pitch, so I can imagine it will be green on the first couple of days and then break up pretty badly day 4 and 5.

They've come a long way from the early days with drop in pitches, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the characteristics of the old Adelaide oval pitches which we're a batsmen's paradise. England will be praying they can as they have a proven top six, we would love some bounce as it plays into the ands of our bowlers.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #101

They've come a long way from the early days with drop in pitches, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the characteristics of the old Adelaide oval pitches which we're a batsmen's paradise. England will be praying they can as they have a proven top six, we would love some bounce as it plays into the ands of our bowlers.

Gabba pitch was just about perfect......heaven forbid if the softc0cks at the AFL try to put pressure on them to chuck in a drop-in pitch.  You will never get the sort of brillant cricket wicket that Kevin Mitchell produced with a drop-in.  AFL players just need to HTFU.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #102
Any squealing about doctored pitches?  Sounded like a good test wicket with something in it for everyone.

Hardest fought 4 day win I've seen in a long time, let's just not carried away with things; we won, we're exiited, let's be gracious in victory and well prepared for next week.  It only takes one bad hour to undo all the good work.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #103
One of my main criticisms (criticisms in the softest of terms, I don't really like doctored pitches) of Australian cricket over the years is that we have never truly embraced the idea of pitches being prepared to suit our strengths. Each state seems to have a style of pitch and that is how the pitch is prepared year in and year out... Woebetied anyone try and tell any of our groundsmen how to prepare a pitch.
Australia is the last nation that could be accused of doctoring pitches.

Reply #104
Michael Clarke fined 25% for telling Anderson he was going to have his #%^¥ing arm broken!!

What are we getting to....any race, colour, religion or creed abuse in it?

This is pathetic! Every cricketer in every grade is now on notice, if this is the bar that has been set.  Grow up cricket, even the women sledge harder than that!!