Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546674 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #180
Old but continuing topic, with a new summer of test cricket upon us.

I'll be there tomorrow for Day 1.

Only 1 Marsh in the test side, thankfully not 2. I guess Mitch is there as a backup for the backup Watson who is likely to break down after 3 overs?

RIP Hughesy. Should be an emotionally charged day.

Lets spank these Indians...

Reply #181
Not sure how fair dinkum the Indians are about this series and they are more interested in defending their world cup title IMO.
Aussies to win 3-0 with little resistance...

Reply #182
Yea but I wonder how focussed our mob will be as well given that there has been a lot of talk about next year's ODI world cup.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #183
The day our guys start worrying more about ODIs than test cricket will be the day I stop watching.

Reply #184
The day our guys start worrying more about ODIs than test cricket will be the day I stop watching.

True cricket supporters rate Test Cricket as the highest level of the sport. The ODI and Big Bash series has gained a huge following over the years. With all its music, cheer leaders dancing and fan fare.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #185
Test cricket is where it's at for sure.

But nowadays the general populace want a quick game done and dusted in quick time. Hence the t20 love... personally I can't stand t20.

Great day yesterday. Warner was terrific. Now if only the weather here would clear up we might see a few more tons to the aussies.

Clarke needs to be 'cotton wooled' for tests only.

Reply #186
Test cricket is where it's at for sure.

But nowadays the general populace want a quick game done and dusted in quick time. Hence the t20 love... personally I can't stand t20.

Great day yesterday. Warner was terrific. Now if only the weather here would clear up we might see a few more tons to the aussies.

Clarke needs to be 'cotton wooled' for tests only.

I prefer test cricket but this series is as flat as the Adelaide wicket......the Indian bowlers are sub district standard..Ishant is bowling at 130k, if ever you were going to cash is and improve your average  then this is the series...

Reply #187
Onya Clarkey. You've shown yourself to be every bit a worthy Australian Captain, not that you had anything to prove.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #188
The weather took the fun out of the game today. Was hoping we could get a move on with the bat early, and declare with enough time to get the Indian batting line up in trouble. Clarke needs to take the time off he needs to get his back in order. Can't have him causing more issues to his previous injuries. He is of too much value when he is 100% fit. Then again he did quite well being almost completely broken. I do agree with Elwood in his above comments. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #189
Onya Clarkey. You've shown yourself to be every bit a worthy Australian Captain, not that you had anything to prove.

That knock, with all he's had to contend with will go down as one of the greatest Captains knocks of all time. The heir apparent's wasn't to shabby either.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #190
I think that I have fessed up to this before but I'll do it again.

I was convinced that Warner was strictly a T20 player but he has shown that he is exactly what a 21st century test opener should be.  He is such an important part of our test team now.

I wasn't convinced that Clarke should have a spot in our best eleven, let alone being captain.  Wrong!  He is up there with the best test captains we've had, not too mention how good his batting is (most of the time).  I just hope that he can manage his back for another few seasons.

The Indians were really non-competitive today, and so many dropped catches!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #191
Peter Siddle!

Apparently he was unwell today but his bowling just lacks zip.  I have always been a fan but I wonder whether his vegan diet has compromised his ability to bowl fast.

Some years ago I completed a level 2 coaching course and we had a nutritionist who had worked with Olympic athletes attend to talk about diet.  He said that a vegetarian athlete would never achieve their full potential.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #192
Peter Siddle!

Apparently he was unwell today but his bowling just lacks zip.  I have always been a fan but I wonder whether his vegan diet has compromised his ability to bowl fast.

Some years ago I completed a level 2 coaching course and we had a nutritionist who had worked with Olympic athletes attend to talk about diet.  He said that a vegetarian athlete would never achieve their full potential.

I reckon it helped him bowl long spells in tough conditions, but I agree, the zip just hasn't been there since he turned hamster.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #193
Peter Siddle!

I too like Siddle but his lifestyle choices whilst admirable from a humanitarian perspective, fall short in the test Cricketing arena. Love to see Cummins and Pattinson out in the middle developing their craft.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #194
I think that I have fessed up to this before but I'll do it again.

I was convinced that Warner was strictly a T20 player but he has shown that he is exactly what a 21st century test opener should be.  He is such an important part of our test team now.

I wasn't convinced that Clarke should have a spot in our best eleven, let alone being captain.  Wrong!  He is up there with the best test captains we've had, not too mention how good his batting is (most of the time).  I just hope that he can manage his back for another few seasons.

The Indians were really non-competitive today, and so many dropped catches!

x2 on Warner...now is the premier opener in the world in all forms of cricket which is a decent claim given he was a park slogger .
Clarke is a good captain depspte what Ian Chappell says and it was very brave to come out and make the runs he did.....not sure it was his best innings in terms of batting purity but in terms of
adversity it was his greatest.
India are very fickle and every time we play them along with Pakistan I never know if they are trying or playing for the bookmakers....