Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 548000 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #210
Wades keeping is not great

Haddin isn't much better, neither would be in the top three in the country based on keeping alone.

Now the media are reporting that Haddin has been snubbed. ::) Seems he has plenty of support!

Nonsense.. Haddin's keeping is still very very good, Wade is not a patch on it.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #211
What is the best way for Smith to learn the captaincy?
Be made VC behind Haddin so he can watch and learn?
OR be made captain and have Haddin as VC and other senior players to go to for advice and also learn from his own mistakes?

If he is the right person for the job he will listen to his senior players and coaches and keep his errors to a minimum.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #212
The captaincy is almost an in name, media scrutiny position.

Good leaders will lead anyway, whether they have the title or not.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #213
The captaincy is almost an in name, media scrutiny position.

Good leaders will lead anyway, whether they have the title or not.

Please post this to BumberT care of EFC, I presume it applies to coaches as well! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #214
Siddle dropped, Harris injured.

In comes SMarsh, Hazelwood and Starc.

Reply #215
Why oh why do they keep selecting Starc ?

He just doesn't have the heart for Test match bowling.  Both sides of the wickets, half rat power.  Give me a half fit Ryan Harris any day of the week.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #216
X2, needs to start justifying selection because I don't see it myself.  Very uninspired stuff from our blokes today
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #217
Yep, Starc was poor.

I'd be happy for us to find someone else in Shield cricket. Faulkner comes to mind, although not express, he was born for Test cricket IMO. There are others too.

With Harris out injured, maybe we should have kept Siddle in although he wasn't that great either.

Shaun Marsh dropping twp catches. Crikey! Hope he gets runs. He's on his last chance surely.

Reply #218
X2, needs to start justifying selection because I don't see it myself.  Very uninspired stuff from our blokes today
Oh come on Prof....it was HOT in Brizzy today....give em a break...only on $1/2million + a year...poor luvs ::)

Reply #219
I think the biggest issue for Smith going forward is going to be getting consistency from this group because we're carrying a lot of passengers at the moment.  A few stellar individual performances papered over a weak team performance in Adelaide.

Johnson, who is one of the fittest cricketers I have ever seen, struggled today, so it must have been pretty tough, but that's why it is called TEST cricket.

I reckon we failed as a team today.  We wasted the new ball.  We dropped catches.  Our front liners didn't build or maintain pressure and the support bowlers didn't do enough.

Fortunately the sun will come up tomorrow and the bowlers get a chance to redeem themselves.  Then we can think about batting to save this test because we can't win it from here.

Reply #220
I heard on the radio today that Shaun Marsh can't throw and has to have someone follow him when he chases a ball to the boundary.  :o

I thought modern cricketers had to excel at fielding  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #221
I didn't watch all the play today, but the couple of hours I did watch, we really applied no pressure on the batting side at all. Line was off, length was off, and when an opportunity presented, we were in no place to take a wicket. Sure tomorrow is another day, but hopeful its not the same standard as what we dished out today.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #222
Agreed, it was the abject lack of pressure that our bowling applied that really stood out today.

When it is stinking hot the concentration starts to meander and I reckon a few of our blokes were dealt a lesson in the mental strength required in test cricket today.  We were bloody poor in the UAE in tough conditions and it is starting to look like a common thread.

Nobody can help injuries but I will admit I queried the Marsh family lineage a few times today.  Losing the support seamer really upset the side today, especially so as the younger Marsh was bowling a tight spell when he got hurt.

Reply #223
Fast Bowlers hunt in pairs...Harris is a massive loss. Johnson can only be bowled in short spells and I reckon the Hughes passing has taken the edge off his ability to want to hurt batsman.He doesnt seem to want to bowl as many short deliveries which are his major weapon IMO and he lacked support from Starc who has built his career on one day bowling and looks like he bowls to contain rather than take wickets.
Hazlewood was impressive and is a better option than Siddle IMO.

The Marsh bros dont have much luck injury wise and Shaun is a bit of a liability in the field IMO.
Tough day for Steve Smith.....

Reply #224
Fast Bowlers hunt in pairs...Harris is a massive loss. Johnson can only be bowled in short spells and I reckon the Hughes passing has taken the edge off his ability to want to hurt batsman.He doesnt seem to want to bowl as many short deliveries which are his major weapon IMO and he lacked support from Starc who has built his career on one day bowling and looks like he bowls to contain rather than take wickets.
Hazlewood was impressive and is a better option than Siddle IMO.

The Marsh bros dont have much luck injury wise and Shaun is a bit of a liability in the field IMO.
Tough day for Steve Smith.....

Yes, can understand Hazelwood coming in for Siddle, he's going to be a gun. don't understand how Starc comes in for Siddle though. That baffles me. Starc simply hasn't done well with the red ball.

I think the aggression is down to for the same reason.

Would've hated bowling in yesterday's condition. Can't imagine bowling in high 30s with high humidity. Our's bowlers, what was left of them, were cannon fodder by the 3rd sessions and we got carted accordingly. Bad toss to lose.