41 - Casboult
[ 0 ] (0%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 4 ] (3.8%)
43 - White
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 12, 2014, 10:22:11 pm

Topic: R7 - WORST on ground vs Pies (Read 14185 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R7 - WORST on ground vs Pies

Reply #15
Lucas, Garlett and Daisy. Needed to get more of the ball or at least get more involved.

That's me 100%. No effort from the first two and Daisy well fork me who knows what that was.

Re Hendo he was raped up forward a few times but his performance was no better than that of Waite's vs the Scum. Of course Hendo isn't a whipping boy so he will keep his spot in the side.
Wholeheartedly agree with the above. No excuses.

Gibbs, 3 tackles, 4 marks , 2 I50's. Not good enough for a bloke demanding Daisy money, hell Daisy aint worth Daisy money. So far we've paid 2.8 million for one smother against West Coast, and some smartar$e remarks from Daisy himself after the Eagles game, putting down his teamates for not knowing how to play "pressure footy".
F!@K off back to Collingwood Thomas, don't need your bullshizen.

Reply #16
Walker was not our worst, but was terrible early when the game was there to be won. Turns it over, gets out positioned and looks disinterested. For a senior player he is having a terrible year. His first two rounds were just awful. It will be a wasted career by the time it's finished but I guess it's not his fault

Reply #17
Henderson was manhandled horribly all night and they bombed it on his head but I agree that he could have presented harder and further up the ground... the amount of times we came off half back and had nothing presenting up the ground....  saw Scotland do his rag at least twice... so at least somebody else is frustrated by this.

Garlett was the same.  Could have run harder to present an option.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
Garlett, Thomas, Henderson.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
It thought it was already determined, Walker plays his best footy up forward ....   ::)
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #20
It thought it was already determined, Walker plays his best footy up forward ....   ::)

Probably no the thread to discuss it, but i'm surprised we haven't seen more of him up forward this year. It has to worth trying at some stage, surely.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #21
No doubt about it. He's a good set shot, but his field kicking would make a homeless orphan cry. Just disgusting. Get him forward Mick, you washed up old pr1ck

Reply #22
1. Lucas...  :-X
2. McLean... bad Brock was back
3. Take your pick from Thomas, Henderson, Bell & Garlett.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
I can't believe the Wrap Henderson Gets. 30% in the forward 50 and was manhandled all night, where Rowe looked at Cloke and he got the free.

Poor Supply, poor Delivery, 2 on 1.. nah he was definitely our worst.

Get a clue.

I give mine to those who refused to take a hit on there body when the pressure was on

Lucas, Everitt, Garlett... set the tone for the night. Tuohy was lucky.

Just outside those who cannot kick, Walker, Jamison, Casboult, Scotland, Thomas
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #24
Henderson had 2 pressure acts.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #25
He only had two kicks to his name at 3/4 time and was moved back to defense in the second quarter and immediately had a goal kicked on him down there.

The fourth quarter should be ignored, as it muddies the waters about the game.  We were on track to lose by 10 goals till the pies stopped working and contesting hard in the fourth quarter.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
What was he exactly meant to pressure?

#united #reset

Reply #27
Hendo has been disappointing this year for sure but he aint Han Solo there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
What was he exactly meant to pressure?

Basically tackling and smoothers, Rioli and Betts are classic examples of what coaches call pressure forwards.

KPFs rarely have any significant numbers in regards to forward pressure acts. Fevola was an exception to this rule, he used to run down a fair few. Hendo won't run down anybody, and if he is working inside at forward stoppages he is in the wrong place!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Yeah but usually the ball is down there for Rioli. It was basically bombed on his head, two on one, he was taken out of the contest and the other bloke just waltzed it away. 30% forward half says it all really.

So what exactly was he meant to do? He got up the ground and our guys just threw it on the boot or kicked it to 3 on 1's.

I would hate to be a forward in this team under this system.

#united #reset