Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 117530 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #90
Going to be a long year.   

Judd continues to carry the midfield. 

I cannot find positives.    Judd, Simo, Carazzo, Walker all nearing the end.

No doubt MM iscoaching for his career.  This half arsed attempt to turn over the side with hasbeens and
players who could not get games at oter clubs will not work.  Need to trade for Draft Picks and nothing else.

Liam Jones is lazy footballer.  Can't see him making it. 

Reply #91
Just where is this club going?

The question I ask now, do I even care anymore?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #92
Tend to agree - he is an honest battler but not the future if we want success. He's got some mates too still on our list.

Armfield won't win us many games single handedly granted but he won't (ever) fly the wet, limp lettuce leaf that so may did tonight.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #93
Sorry, but Buckley would have been a better option than Smith tonight.  Not the least that
Buckly beeds navy blue and would give his all. 

Smith was just not ready for senior footy.  Dumb move by the MC

Reply #94
I honestly didn't think we'd win, but still really disappointing. Disappointing to see the same old crap - don't tell me they
Need more games played together before it gels or that Daisy going out injured a minute in means crap.

Round one. Loss. Already same old same old from last year.

Depressing I spent over $1500 for our family membership this year  :'( stick fat of course, but how long is expected for the same old crap. At least in years gone by we had the zip and excitement of Yaz, Jeffy, and especially Eddie - Waitey was beautiful to watch at his best. Now there's... Nothing. Even Judd wasn't worth it tonight.

Reply #95
Sorry, but Buckley would have been a better option than Smith tonight.  Not the least that Buckly beeds navy blue and would give his all.

Was Buckley match-fit & ready though ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #96
Was Buckley match-fit & ready though ??

Pretty sure he is not injured.      Smith was not match fit. 

Reply #97
Was thinking.  A loss is a loss, but when you look at who could come into the side to make it better,
really clutching at straws.    We haven't even bottomed out yet.   Can see years of pain ahead.

Reply #98
Armfield won't win us many games single handedly granted but he won't (ever) fly the wet, limp lettuce leaf that so may did tonight.

True, I like Army and I have no doubts about his good points but we are in desperate need of more very skilled players with poise and very strong leadership qualities if we want to find success. With guys like Army, and others on our list, we will always be battling.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #99
Our senior players went AWOL:

Gibbs - shocker
Murphy - ditto

Simmo - unsighted in the last 2.5qtrs

Jamo - bordering on spud.

Rowe - see Jamo.

Carrots - ok in patches

Judd - gun, gun & gun. Murphy and Gibbs shame on you both. #1 draft picks my right butt cheek.

Was a massive mistake making Murphy Captain - set the Club back years (at a time it couldn't afford such a f... up).

Kids went ok, mistake not playing the Bolt.

What he said.
Summed up my thoughts exactly.
Jibbs plays like a millionaire who doent want to break a fingernail.
Murph was poo.
Touhy really disappointed tonight.
Everitt no impact.

I feel ashamed and so sorry for Juddy. Our elder statesman seems to be our only player with a bit of pride.
Docherty not far behind...was good alnight.
White surprised in the centre but that was it.

other than these 3 everyone else was a dismal fail.
menzel worries me. I dont see whatever it is that everyone else sees. He's very flash in the pan for me.
Yarran sooks it up too much. Arguably our best player but has deficienies as a defender.

Sooo dissapointed. that was woeful from that group. We had no speed at all. Watched tigers simply waltze away in traffic.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #100
Just depressing to see the same patterns emerge. Opposition teams seem to just 'know' that, if they run rampant for 20 minutes or so, we'll just fold.

So many times tonight we were caught on the hop by the rebound. There's only one reason for it - laziness. And stupidity.  Two reasons - laziness, stupidity, and a culture of individuality over team.  Ugh ... amongst the many reasons for our poor performance tonight were such things as - laziness, stupidity, a culture of individuality over team, lack of a cohesive game plan, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #102
Was thinking.  A loss is a loss, but when you look at who could come into the side to make it better,
really clutching at straws.    We haven't even bottomed out yet.   Can see years of pain ahead.

Look at the best 22 thread. Most had 20 players in there...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #103
So many times I was yelling at the TV 'dumb'. So many dumb plays no thought banging it long.  yep thank god we got rid of Robbo now we don't have any more dumb footballers  ::)

Reply #104
Just depressing to see the same patterns emerge. Opposition teams seem to just 'know' that, if they run rampant for 20 minutes or so, we'll just fold.

So many times tonight we were caught on the hop by the rebound. There's only one reason for it - laziness. And stupidity.  Two reasons - laziness, stupidity, and a culture of individuality over team.  Ugh ... amongst the many reasons for our poor performance tonight were such things as - laziness, stupidity, a culture of individuality over team, lack of a cohesive game plan, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Lack of tough (however one defines that word) leaders sums it up better imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!