Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 117530 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #120
Some of the attitude displayed in this thread is extremely naive and trigger happy. If you thought our performance was going to be a quick turn around on the back of 3 young players then you need to get a grip. Yes, we had a more productive preseason than last, but we lost our leading goal kicker last year as well as Robinson and Garlett, who were best 22.

Our core group are slow to react, have poor disposal under pressure, and are getting to the end of their career. Expect more of the same.

Reply #121
armfield will be Part of the next clean out of players

I don't ant Mick to be involved in the next clean out, time to give another bloke a shot.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #122
Sorry, but Buckley would have been a better option than Smith tonight.  Not the least that
Buckly beeds navy blue and would give his all. 

Smith was just not ready for senior footy.  Dumb move by the MC

Buckley, along with Watto and Graham is clearly not one of Mick's faves.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #123
EB1

Plenty of shots fired there but truth be told, if your skipper and VC (Murph and Gibbs) look, act and play like {fill in the blanks as you please] why are any of the young blokes going to bust a gut.

Two #1 picks. Both are fails at this (advanced) stage of their careers. Ditto Kreuzer who can't even get on the park.

I simply cannot believe Murphy slipped back into that p1ssweak mode he took so long to finally overcome. That missed tackle was smack bang in the middle of their run on. He as captain had the opportunity to make a stand and lead the way and his effort was simply pathetic. That's where you need a Robbo type to stand up and show the way, at least when it comes to hardness at the footy.

You have to question what has Mick done in three years......once again we concede multiple goals without firing a shot.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #124
It's been a crap week to be a Carlton supporter. :(

Reply #125
It's been a crap week to be a Carlton supporter. :(

Pre match entertainment was good.   :P

Reply #126
I think we can bouncer back from this in a big way. Just need to get our run going. In that first quarter we looked like a top 4 side. We just need to learn to maintain that for 4 quarters.

Reply #127
Some of the attitude displayed in this thread is extremely naive and trigger happy. If you thought our performance was going to be a quick turn around on the back of 3 young players then you need to get a grip. Yes, we had a more productive preseason than last, but we lost our leading goal kicker last year as well as Robinson and Garlett, who were best 22.

Our core group are slow to react, have poor disposal under pressure, and are getting to the end of their career. Expect more of the same.

Whilst I'm not optimistic at all, there's truth in this.  Plus, we all love to hang sh*t on Ninthmond but they did win 9 games in a row at the end of last season. Most times you'll find such momentum is carried forward to the next season.  After the first q., they looked all right. They might be top 4 this year.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #128
Did anyone see him roasting Jaksch on the boundary in the third quarter??

Not sure the blast worked
Shortly after that Jaksch missed an easy mark and then was very slow to follow up to the contest.
Stood back looking a bit indecisive....perhaps not wanting to make a mistake.

I watched him a bit after that...maybe it was tiredness, perhaps a bit of a dent in his confidence, and I don't want to crucify him at this early stage but he needs his second efforts to be a little better.

Just on marks....gee we dropped a lot we should have taken.

....and just want to add White was very good.
He's becoming a favourite.

Reply #129

Shortly after that Jaksch missed an easy mark and then was very slow to follow up to the contest.

I watched him a bit after that...maybe it was tiredness, perhaps a bit of a dent in his confidence, and I don't want to crucify him at this early stage but he needs his second efforts to be a little better.

Just on marks....gee we dropped a lot we should have taken.

....and just want to add White was very good.
He's becoming a favourite.

Jaksch will just have to be backed in.

Problem for the big defenders is that their mistakes tend to show... more so than a big forward

Reply #130

I thought we'd seen the last of that shight with Pagan. Mick hasn't the patience to work well with players any more.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #131
Hey milkit, we GAVE AWAY Garlett, Robbo and Waite.  Pace, attitude and proven goal kicker.  Hasn't it had a wonderful effect on the playing culture and on field play?

I dont need to see anymore... We're bottom 4 stuff with a shot list and a dud coach.  This club won't be here in 5 years.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #132
If you can't handle a bake go play badmington.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #133
Jaksch will just have to be backed in.

Problem for the big defenders is that their mistakes tend to show... more so than a big forward

Yep
I'm not wiping him on one game.
He's young.
Just saying,there's a bit of work he needs to do.... things to work on.... before he's a quality KPP

Reply #134
It's funny that for a bloke who folk say "ran out of puff early" (and I'm not disputing that) that I thought Smith's last 5-10 minutes of the game were probably his best.