Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 117525 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #225
Played very well in the practice games against the Box Hill Hawks today apparently.

Silly me ...relying on the Carlton website for accurate injury information. ::)

Yep
Northern Blues FC retweeted
Cristian Filippo @C_Filippo23  ยท  35m 35 minutes ago

A tough day at the office but Mark Whiley's game was a positive. 20 disposals, 8 handball receives and 2 clearances in his first game.

Reply #226
Culture is such an abstract thing.

It's only really evident as a factor when a side is performing well...."bloods culture etc".....I couldn't tell you the state of our culture.

I can tell you there's a lot of talk about "doing this" and "being that"......none of which seems to be translating to on-field results.

That performance last night showed no evidence of a group of guys working hard for one another, or holding a bond of any sort.

UNITED was a catchphrase last year....more hot air.

I'm not interested in hearing how things are improving anymore....I want to see things improving.

Reply #227
You'll look smarter deleting the post.

Maybe i should just come up with a new nickname and infiltrate the forums?

If you let your rage subside long enough to actually read my post dingbat, you'll see i'm not saying you are wrong on any or all of those statements. What i am saying is that perhaps its time to come up with something we haven't read a billion times....by '2' nicknames now.

Reply #228
There isn't a CFC supporter from the last 15 years that didn't like / love Fev. We all wanted him to be a star and match winner for us, and for a while he was. But his position became untenable at 2 clubs, and he was sacked from both. I can't find the quote, but i read somewhere that Fev knew he'd gone too far, and deserved to be sacked. It's also worth noting that no one on here knows the full extent of his indiscretions, so we're speculating in the absence of potentially many facts.

We all know he threw away a great gig.

EDIT : I should also add that no club went near him after he was sacked by Brissie, despite the fact that he had at least 2 good seasons in him and was willing to play for minimum wage. Clearly other clubs had seen the warning signs too.

Reply #229

It's only really evident as a factor when a side is performing well...."bloods culture etc".....I couldn't tell you the state of our culture.

I can tell you there's a lot of talk about "doing this" and "being that"......none of which seems to be translating to on-field results.

That performance last night showed no evidence of a group of guys working hard for one another, or holding a bond of any sort.

I'm not interested in hearing how things are improving anymore....I want to see things improving.

This.

Reply #230
Funny @Kruddler that you also came in here to dispute the Fevola crap and not the 3 years invested in Malthouse and the minimal improvement we have shown.

Obviously you found not a lot of positives last night as well.

I wrote an essay about what i though about the game including a few positives. Nobody responded to that. Instead call up the same old stuff that adds little to the thread and/or site. All that stuff is well in the past and nothing we can do about any of it, no matter how right or wrong it is, makes a difference now.
I'm surprised there wasn't a "Goddard to Carlton" thrown in for good measure.

Malthouse is a work in progress as he is still at the club and can actually have a say in how things are going now. Unlike Fevola, Lucas and Talia.

I said as much in the off-season that this site would be calling for his head after R1 and i also said that it was foolhardy to do so after 1 game this year.
Nobody knows if Richmond are going to have an undefeated season and win the flag, with us coming 2nd with our only loss being to them. Nobody knows because 1 game is not a trend, it is 1 game.

Reply #231
Have to admit Krud, you've been going on about this 'changing the culture' thing for a long time, and pulled it out as an excuse for each and every decent player we've lost, and the poor recruitment decision we made in getting Thomas. We're getting worse with the loss of these players, not better.

In regards to the culture, 1 thing i have copped a lot of flack for is supporting White. I've used him as an example of what improving the culture around the place can do. Do what the coach asks of you. Do it to the best of your ability....whatever level of ability you have and you will be rewarded.

White was clearly one of our best last night. Playing a role that i think you chastised someone pre-game for suggesting was even possible. Do you still need a tissue or have you wiped all that egg off your face by now.

If we had more players with the heart/desire of Simon White, we'd be in a much better position.

Poor recruitment in Thomas....opinion.

I'd put him up there with White in terms of how he goes about it. Does what the coach asks of him, whatever that may be and gets rewarded because of it. If he had more than 2 minutes out on the ground, perhaps we would've seen more of that. Instead he'll have to cop a few months of unwarranted criticism until he can get back on the field and show everyone wrong.

Ironic that you have a go at me about this culture side of things, yet chastise Murphy for not being a leader. If we had a better culture and more determined players in it, he wouldn't be required to be our leader.

Reply #232
When I watch our team play there's one thing that certainly resonates in my pea brain, I wish some of our players would have a bit more **** (its a word I cant say but you should be able to work it out) in them. I really feel we get bullied way to easily. We should NEVER back down, NEVER take a backwards step, ALWAYS stand up for your mates. Now you probably think what is this idiot going on about, but in all seriousness there is a time and a place now for a brawl or a bit of fisty cuffs if its going to turn the match around to our advantage.

The senior players should know when this is needed by pure instinct alone and get it happening. I'd love to see it especially when we become a better team to show that we are not to be messed with.

If you are going to go down at least go down fighting imo.
SOS - "I hated losing"

Reply #233
Hawthorn and Sydney lost rd 1 last year, we can still make the grand final.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #234

Sydney lost to GWS of all teams.

Now if that is not proof that 1 games means SFA then i don't know what is.

Reply #235

:)) Things can get better and probably will but we won't be playing any grand finals

Reply #236
Now if that is not proof that 1 games means SFA then i don't know what is.

SFA is a bit far - each win/loss has equal value. Early rounds always throw up many interesting results but we were not a sleeping giant.

Reply #237
Murph and Gibbs almot lost us the game on their own with their screw ups and non-effort.

Bloody awful.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #238

Spot on Lods. Plenty of words have been spoken by many people at CFC but little changed in previous years and 2015 seems destined for the same fate. I don't think MM and his coaching group are making any headway on this front. Where to from here? Very courageous decisions will be needed from the club's board and management if we don't improve significantly this year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #239
Murph and Gibbs almot lost us the game on their own with their screw ups and non-effort.

Bloody awful.

How many times did Murphy do a side step and pirouette and hold up play instead of moving the ball forward?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!