Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Read 69760 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton

Reply #15
Sorry to disagree but i thought Jones was better than reviewed here.  In marking contests when him and Henderson were in pack situations, he actually looked to try and provide seperation for Hendo and once or twice made the contest a one on one for Hendo.

One of those resulted in a goal for us, and the other was a poster.

He also was a multiple goal kicker and should have ended up with 3.  Whilst people have a bias towards Levi, Jones was our most dangerous forward on the ground which says more about our forwardline than it does Jones and from where i was sitting i thought the way we entered 50 cost us more frequently than the big men not doing their part.  too often they couldn't get to the ball drop bevause the kick was too short or sprayed to wide.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
@Thry

Agree with this - Jones is far from our biggest problem IMO. I'd like to see him in front of a really good midfield, and to reverse the logic, I would like to see someone of the talents of Buddy play in front of ours. I think it would be illuminating to say the least.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Whiley might get his look alike Priddis to tag...the latter is almost BOG everytime he plays us and none of our other taggers can handle him....

Reply #18
I don't know what u are all worried about ,read the Richmond board we got beat by this years premiers

Reply #19
I don't know what u are all worried about ,read the Richmond board we got beat by this years premiers

;D

Post if the year candidate early up.

Reply #20
@Thry

Agree with this - Jones is far from our biggest problem IMO. I'd like to see him in front of a really good midfield, and to reverse the logic, I would like to see someone of the talents of Buddy play in front of ours. I think it would be illuminating to say the least.

Jones is ok

Our problem was our poor midfield not delivering the ball properly

Reply #21

;D

Post if the year candidate early up.

Soft draw so we may have to wait for a while for the inevitable crash, but it will be sweet.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #22
Yarran was hobbling around on one leg after the game and looked like he was on one leg for most of the game.  No certainty to play this week.  If so, bring in Buckley. 

We are desperately in need to players who will spread instinctively and quickly. Subi Oval is big and requires speed.   We need to inject some and fast.

Reply #23
I fear for our backline.

Reply #24
Sorry to disagree but i thought Jones was better than reviewed here.  In marking contests when him and Henderson were in pack situations, he actually looked to try and provide seperation for Hendo and once or twice made the contest a one on one for Hendo.

He also was a multiple goal kicker and should have ended up with 3.  Whilst people have a bias towards Levi, Jones was our most dangerous forward on the ground which says more about our forwardline than it does Jones and from where i was sitting i thought the way we entered 50 cost us more frequently than the big men not doing their part.  too often they couldn't get to the ball drop bevause the kick was too short or sprayed to wide.

x2.

I was pleasantly surprised with Jones and he showed more pride in the jumper than many 100+ gamers in the team.

I would bring in Armfield and Buckley if both fit for their effort and pace (especially at subi).

Reply #25
Agree with everyone that we need speed at Subiaco. It's has won us games their in recent years and without Yarran we are a slow side that looks very slow. Curiously west coast seem to be a pretty slow side as well.

Levi has to come in. His work in the ruck is actually very good, as well as an option up forward. Rowe to stay where he plays his best footy. I think MM was too gun happy moving guys around. Murph and Gibbs will be better for the run. Not sure if Bell and Cripps should be in the same side at this stage, a real sameness about our midfield.            Boekhurst is the one we need to give us that outside run. Don't think we should be gifting him senior games on his performances  thus far.
Eat more chooks

Reply #26
I would bring in Armfield and Buckley if both fit for their effort and pace (especially at subi).

Buckley has been lambasted by just about everyone who review the recent VFL practice match. Reads like he is sooking it up a bit because the club want him to play accountable football, not just all out attack.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Surely Casboult will need to come in , can't expect Rowe on Kennedy , then give him a break to run him in the ruck? Will need him down there full time. So that will force a reshuffle already

Reply #28

Jones took one mark for the entire game and that is simply not good enough for a key forward whose marking is supposed to be his strength.  He didn't lead or make position but seemed to follow Henderson around.  Even if the delivery was poor, and I believe poor positioning by the forwards contributed to that, he should have at least marked one or two kick ins.  In contrast, Riewoldt had 8 marks and Griffiths got 6.

The other issue with Jones is that he is just a forward and that unbalanced the side with Rowe being forced to go into the ruck.  In fact, in his short time in the forward line, Rowe was more competitive and a better target than Jones.

If Jones could play to his potential, he would be a champion.  Sadly, I don't think that will happen.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
^^^
The one mark he did take was a contested mark and led to a goal. His other goal was because he was smart enough to NOT go for the mark and got the ball over the back of a pack.

Far from a perfect start, but far from a disaster. He was equal leading goalkicker after all.