Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Read 69907 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton

Reply #75
West Coast are not that good, we have played ok at Domain and they have had their defensive spine ripped apart with injury....we should win and anything else is not acceptable IMO..honest 4 quarter efforts are for bottom teams...we need to come out and kick 6-10 goals in a quarter and blow these pretenders off the park..

Well?.....................only joking, honest.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #76
Well?.....................only joking, honest.

Wasnt having a go at you Cookie...just pointing out that WC are beatable on their own dung heap and we need to take an aggressive mindset into the game both
on and off the field.
Mick should have Adam Simpson covered in terms of coaching experience and the Wet toasters are down on manpower...if we cant be confident going into this game
then we might as well give it away...

Reply #77
Wasnt having a go at you Cookie...just pointing out that WC are beatable on their own dung heap and we need to take an aggressive mindset into the game both
on and off the field.
Mick should have Adam Simpson covered in terms of coaching experience and the Wet toasters are down on manpower...if we cant be confident going into this game
then we might as well give it away...

No worries EB. Let's just hope we can get over the line, will be watching on TV.

Reply #78
Its only rd 2 and whatever confidence I had in this "team" was shot to peices against the tiggies.
we ere fair dinkum poo and for the final margin to be only 27 pts probably speaks more about the tiggies deficiencies more than ours.

WC have got 1 key defender this week but WC willl be licking there lips at only having to come up against us this Fri night. Hopefully MM and the players can prove me wrong but I'm not expecting much tbh.

Cant believe its only rd 2 and they've already lost me :'(
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #79
Daisy and Jaksch out

Graham, Whiley, Tutt and Buckley all played reasonably well in the magoos.

I still don't think Smith has the legs to run out a full game, so it's either the green vest again for him or he gets dropped.

Talk of Warnock being ready to come back, I reckon Wood would be unlucky no to get another chance.

They have lost their 2 regular KPD's and Darling will still be out injured.

This is a very winnable game, here's hoping we can make amends for last week.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #80
Daisy and Jaksch out

Graham, Whiley, Tutt and Buckley all played reasonably well in the magoos.

I still don't think Smith has the legs to run out a full game, so it's either the green vest again for him or he gets dropped.

Talk of Warnock being ready to come back, I reckon Wood would be unlucky no to get another chance.

They have lost their 2 regular KPD's and Darling will still be out injured.

This is a very winnable game, here's hoping we can make amends for last week.

Good opportunity to bring in Casboult?

Reply #81
As 2E stated in the media, the responsibility of last weeks performance lies squarely with the players. It is entirely up to them to redeem themselves this week, nothing less than tough, ruthless, desperate footy for 120 minutes is acceptable. They normally go ok in the West, so the road trip, bonding and soul searching will do them well. Sadly though, this group has proven in the passed to not be up to the task when challenged so I expect another loss.
In any case, Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #82

Warnock in, Wood playing forward?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
Good opportunity to bring in Casboult?

I think Broekhurst, Warnock and Buckley come in. Smith out in addition to injuries.We need to nullify  Natanui and Lyvett with 2 full time ruckmen. Wood will spend more time up forward.than Warnock.

Reply #84
As 2E stated in the media, the responsibility of last weeks performance lies squarely with the players. It is entirely up to them to redeem themselves this week, nothing less than tough, ruthless, desperate footy for 120 minutes is acceptable. They normally go ok in the West, so the road trip, bonding and soul searching will do them well. Sadly though, this group has proven in the passed to not be up to the task when challenged so I expect another loss.
In any case, Go Blues.

Yep he should have just said 'the responsibility lies squarely with the coaching department, it is totally up to them to redeem themselves this week, nothing less than smart, adaptable, astute coaching for 120 minutes is acceptable'. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #85
In any case, Go Blues.

We seem to be disagreeing lately GIC.
I reckon the responsibility for last week's debacle rests largely with the coach and match committee.  There were blunders in selection, poor opposition analysis, players played out of position, poor structures, poor responses to opposition tactics, the players were not fit enough to play the game style and they were not motivated sufficiently to do the one percenters.

Yes, the players have to wear some of the blame for skill errors and poor decision making and, in Tuohy's case, telling porkies.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #86
Forget the match committee, there is only one thing causing our team to lose, it's the same thing we lacked last year, and the same thing we have lacked for about 5 years...

Work rate.

Our guys are front runners. We don't work hard enough. As soon as Richmond put pressure on us we folded and stopped running. And I dont just mean in defence, in offence as well. Running to create space, running on a lead, running to give a target. It was so obvious in the game last week. Look at every game we have been in front in over the last 5 or 6 years. When we run for each other, on and off the ball, we invariably ar competitive, even with the top sides. But we refuse to maintain that work rate.

This is not a problem of coaches, this is a problem of the team leadership. We need a leader who demands nothing but high work rate from the rest of the group. Not only leading by example, but leading with bold and honest feedback. Someone mentioned in another thread how the leaders of other teams would get the players in a huddle at quarter time before the rolicking from the coach, we need to see that. I love Murphy and Gibbs and the rest of those guys, but that's not what we need, we need a Duigan or a Scotland at the helm to give the boys the rocket they need, IN GAME.

Reply #87

Work rate.

The game plan requires a work rate that cannot be sustained.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #89
More than Ross Lyon's or Alistair Clarkson's? Have to disagree.

Maybe DJC thinks the work rate cannot be sustained by our clubs, because our players are weak and lazy. How many more players do we need to replace before things start to improve. If we don't beat west Coast, we are really heading for trouble. The scum in week three will more than likely be a loss. We can't be 0-3. No way at all or our season is seriously heading the wrong direction. The players need to have a good look at themselves before round 2.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.